Ryan García vs Luke Campbell Jan.2nd DAZN

Cos he like this murcian prospect Rolies now are jus strong YOUNG BUMS. Nothing more. BUMS.
They are not Terence or Mean Machine alike or close to Floyd.

Of course you don't understand.
He is murcian entertainer for murcian market but he yet is not at top 5 level.
He was able to improve till this during next 2- 3 years but appears that he thinks he is smarter than DLH.
+ in his current state he isn't able to do with Loma anything even if he will KTFO this next opponent in 1 minute.
He needs improve, too young yet. Too crude and simple too, but murcian market for entertainment loves raw material even if they are mediocre level but enough athletic prospects from murcia.

And don't pretend, enough clear written. Put him vs someone like Crawford in his size and let's see cotender in action.

Yeah, I get it that he’s unproven, but he’s also exciting and good prospect right now. And not just for “Muricans”.

I’m not sure why you keep mentioning Crawford, a welterweight, but happy to see you backtracking on the Gatekeeper angle.

Yeah, I get it that he’s unproven, but he’s also exciting and good prospect right now. And not just for “Muricans”.

I’m not sure why you keep mentioning Crawford, a welterweight, but happy to see you backtracking on the Gatekeeper angle.

It's kind of weird that's immediately where he went, right? There was a thread a few months back about Crawford where he really look exception to criticism about the Kavaliauskas* fight and started accusing everyone of being biased American's because they didn't agree with him (which I pointed out was weird because if we were biased Americans, wouldn't we be pumping up Crawford regardless of who he fought?). Seems like he hasn't let it go.

The answer to the question you're asking in your head is "yes": I had copy/paste that.

LoL, crawford and machine at least both looks for me more watchable than kigng king ryang aka like. Not that much horrible opposition Crawford had : even after banged by crawford this opponent still does have 8 th ? - 16? th places in some murcian or pro murcian rankings..... OK, not well known but I think Crawford was too much criticised cos wow, guy had not well known for murcians opponent. btw, Crawford and machine likes me more than king ryang that yet is too young.

I'm considering changing my pick after recently going back and watching Garcia's last handful of fights. Now that this is official, here are my initial thoughts. Forgive the length.

Garcia might have to win this fight by stoppage/KO but his puncher's chance is excellent. He won't be able to outbox Campbell to a decision (legitimately), at least not on paper, as he doesn't appear to have the tools or the boxing skill for the job at this point in time. He also hasn't shown that he'd be busy enough to outwork Campbell to a decision, either. That said, if it does go the distance and it's competitive then I expect the cards to favor Garcia courtesy of Golden Boy. He's a future superstar in the sport and a potential cash cow in the making. If Garcia can't get the finish then it wouldn't come as a surprise if he won a controversial decision here.

Garcia's signature punch is obviously his hair trigger left hook usually on the counter, sometimes it comes as a lead. His second best punch in my opinion is his right uppercut. He has great reflexes, is a fast starter, has very fast hands, good power (mostly in his left hook which is really dangerous), sharp timing on that counter left hook, and precise shot placement with some of his punches (again, particularly his left hook) using that power punching style he's got. However, he doesn't actually box much and by design he's not very mobile, as his style doesn't require much in the way of mobility, unless of course he's moving off the line after punching. He's rather one-dimensional in that regard. His jab is underutilized if not underdeveloped. He knows how to set traps well and is sneaky good on the break when exiting the clinch (Braulio Rodriguez got hammered there with a short left hook that dropped him). Garcia ties up a lot when pressed but is dangerous when he lets his hands go. He has a lot of bad habits though that he hasn't been made to pay for yet. It appears to me that if you can survive this kid then you can outbox him assuming your left hook defense is absolutely airtight (unfortunately for Campbell, in general, he can be found frequently and mostly uses his length to avoid being hit). Trying to roll under his left hook isn't advisable as Garcia has shown he will adjust his aim mid-punch and still expertly place it as he did when he knocked out Romero. Garcia's defense also leaves a lot to be desired when he isn't just covering up, pulling away from punches (one of those bad habits I spoke of earlier), or clinching. He relies heavily on his reflexes for defense. His combination punching is effective but at times he gets real sloppy when letting his hands go looking for the KO which leaves him wide open to counters. As far as an actual long game goes Garcia doesn't have much to offer and his inside game is practically nonexistent. He's very dangerous though in the pocket, especially if you just stand right in front of him, which I don't expect Campbell will do.

I expect Campbell to be outboxing him as he's the superior boxer and technician while Garcia is the superior puncher and much more physically talented. Campbell is far better schooled in the boxing department with the much better pedigree. He's more experienced, has faced adversity, he's game, and the more complete fighter of the two. He's been down a few times in his pro career but never been stopped and he's big for the division, he's naturally a Junior Welterweight. As a big, long & rangy southpaw boxer/puncher with solid counterpunching skills and effective body work he'll be something very different for Garcia as far as the looks he'll be giving (angles included). He'll also hands down be the most skilled opponent Garcia's fought to date so this is a fairly big step up for Garcia. They're about the same height and have around the same reach, though it looks to me that Campbell has a bit more reach. And, unlike Garcia, he actually knows how to use that reach to his advantage. In saying that, Campbell is significantly slower, and Garcia will also have a significant youth advantage to go with his speed & power advantages. Speed has clearly troubled Campbell plenty in the past (against Mendy, Linares & Loma). As far as power, Campbell can punch if he chooses to (Lopez & Loma have already attested to this). Campbell is also the bigger stronger man, he has the larger frame, and I expect him to weigh a little more on fight night. If it goes 12 then it should favor Campbell as Garcia has never gone 12 before, as it stands he's never been past 8. Campbell needs to keep it long and either be all the way in or all the way out to avoid Garcia's best work at mid range.

Lastly, and contrary to popular belief, Garcia is largely what you call a punch placement guy, not necessarily a devastating natural puncher. Studying his KO reel seems to confirm that he's considerably more about placement & timing than actual punching power with his left hook specifically. He's even suggested as much. What this could mean is that he may have to find the button precisely in order to turn Campbell's lights out, and if he can't, he may not be able to score the stoppage/KO, at least not with that one big shot anyway. If that's the case then the good news for him is that his perceived "power" here likely will carry late into his fights because a good bit of it would be credited to pinpoint punch placement coupled with sharp timing rather than being more heavily rooted in actual punching power.
[timestamped]

Campbell is not duno.............
Campbell is highly experienced and skilled, tough cat with sound credentials and ...yeah, he is slower but he can't loss much even if he lost this fight. Garcie might loss everything........... no more undefeated record etc.
American fanbase doesn't likes boxers that had been defeated even on cards. DLH did knew this and most likely for Garcie better was to improve at least 1 year further before big cats in the ring.
Yeah, he is athletic and fast, plus nice looking but predictatble, one sided, it is not something like current Crawford, young Canelo ( these, sorry, considerably more difficult to predict what they will do ) ...........
Defeat one guy he maybe is able once, but these Campbell and one another guy plus Loma each 2 times in row........ currently hard to imagine. A bit more hard hitting but even more simple version might be Romero, okey, he is crude, but strong guy, too, is predictable but hard hitting lad. Might improve with time, maybe.

Last edited:
# actually maybe he is able to outwork Campbell on decision too if proper camp and he really seriously improved after last fight.
Otherwise, the same Campbell does not have only one kind of well developed punches : hooks.
Campbell might KO with different kind of punches, he's really experienced guy............
With Loma and Lopez the same difference. God knows in what shape Campbell is now but with Loma he was not bad at all. OKey, Loma was better but still...........

Campbell only needs to have an answer for Garcia's left hook from what we know about Garcia so far. That's his only truly lethal punch. If he stays largely out of mid range in the first place and brings a tight left hook defense then he'll outbox him over the distance. Garcia doesn't have the necessary tools or the skills in his toolbox to outbox or outwork him, so if Campbell does survive, and provided that Golden Boy hasn't influenced the cards for Garcia, then Campbell should win on points.

On the contrary, Golden Boy's matchmaking here tells me that they're very confident Campbell loses or they wouldn't even be making this fight for their future golden goose so soon. Unless of course they plan on influencing the cards if it goes the distance just to cover all their bases. They have to be getting that confidence in Garcia from somewhere and it's safe to say that they're not just gambling on his puncher's chance as strong as it may be.

I think after loud talks on DLH he might ............ sorry, DLH is helpful and smart partner for a business, he helped Garcie really seriously and also earn a lot. = kid looks doesn't know what means to treat DLH.............in soc media especially.
* it will be good if Garcia will walk till end of fight with Lopez, Loma or Campbell if they are in good shape ..................
He is just too young.......... they are more versatile and experienced, even if he managed to get tittles, not looks that he will be able to keep them for long.
Minimum 1 year later, if he will seriously improve.........
& he wish to get all too fast and instead of being thankful and friendly, screamed on DLH in media..........

Campbell most likely is learning how to counter - punch his hooks etc like stuff not to walk till end of fight.
On the contrary, Golden Boy's matchmaking here tells me that they're very confident Campbell loses or they wouldn't even be making this fight for their future golden goose so soon.
If he did not yelled about too low purses and in covid era screamed at DLH in social media.
Unless of course they plan on influencing the cards if it goes the distance just to cover all their bases.
I think that not likely......... Guy 200 k purses for fight in covid crisis fear era = too low $ for guy, DLH = bad uncle for him. Asked = get better fight............ then next........then next....
I can't imagine how he is able in current state to defeat for example Loma 2 times in row or someone in his size with Craweford's skills level for example.

Not bad but too green ............

If he did not yelled about too low purses and in covid era screamed at DLH in social media.
I think that not likely......... Guy 200 k purses for fight in covid crisis fear era = too low $ for guy, DLH = bad uncle for him. Asked = get better fight............ then next........then next....
Most fighters at some point will have issues with their own promoter (or promoters if they're co-promoted). Look at all the top fighters throughout history and it's an extremely common theme. Oscar won't let the beef between him and Garcia get in the way of business because it could only end up costing both sides money. Despite the bad blood here business always comes first.

Loma is not enough old yet for him to beat up. Naw.
Lopez too might be dangerous matchup....

BTW, if Lopez will not wish fight Loma, then maybe Lopez vs green murcian prospect Ryan might be nice match up to see.
-
Ofc Campbell might won Ryan only if Ryan will not be on his feet in the end of last round.
Even if Campbell will be defeated, it will matter for him not that much.
Unlike Ryan, that will be.......... gone as top propsect if Campbell will stop him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back