Ryan Bader vs. Fedor for the Bellator Heavyweight Championship

Who do you have winning the Bellator Heavyweight Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a very hard fight to predict because of Bader's resume. He's beaten some great strikers but also been KO'd by great strikers. I know he just destroyed Mitrione, but Fedor is light years better on the ground than Mitrione. However, Fedor is also chinny at 42 and Bader can punch too.

The real question is how will Bader wrestle with a 230-240 lb. Heavyweight with a good ground game? We haven't seen it yet because he only has two fights at HW and one was against King Mo who is a LHW and Mitrione who is notoriously poor on the ground. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming the heaviest guys he's fought were Rumble, Rampage, and Tito? I'm assuming all of those guys entered the Octagon at around 225 or so. Fedor is bigger than than them and probably stronger.

I either see Fedor KO'ing him in the 1st round or Bader stopping him in the 2nd/3rd. Bader knows modern day Fedor is a brawler and will throw bombs. I expect him to play it safe in the 1st round and not use too much energy. Fedor will need to focus on his conditioning because he will certainly end up on his back in this fight. I favor Bader but this is a strange fight.

This is a little off topic, but seeing Ryan Bader and then thinking of what Anthony Johnson did to him, you gotta wonder, should Johnson sign with Bellator and proceed to demolish their LHW division?

This is a little off topic, but seeing Ryan Bader and then thinking of what Anthony Johnson did to him, you gotta wonder, should Johnson sign with Bellator and proceed to demolish their LHW division?

Johnson is a HW now.

My gut tells me Bader is going to manhandle Fedor, take him down, mount him, and pound his ass like a stallion on a mare. But damn, I would love to see Fedor suck his block off.

Can't believe that Fedor has more votes. Then again lot's of nuthuggers here of him. I have Bader winning this and then the Tito rematch for the belt :)

My gut tells me Bader is going to manhandle Fedor, take him down, mount him, and pound his ass like a stallion on a mare. But damn, I would love to see Fedor suck his block off.

Well, that’s pretty gay.

Bader, because of age. 10 years ago, Fedor would have won. Fedor is going to try to end it quick like he did to Chael Sonnen. Bader just has to withstand that.

I can't pick this one, Bader is in his prime and he can win with wrestling but his chin is weak and he's also much slower with worse striking and Fedor might still have the advantage in the clinch. If it's finished within 2 rounds I think Fedor gets the finish, if it goes passed 2 rounds I think Bader wins the decision.

Win or lose this is a great way for Fedor to end his career. No shame in making it to the finals at this stage in his combat sports career. Though him taking the strap would be insane. If Bader whins, good for him, he deserves it. He has looked great last few fights.

Bader is an underdog?? lol

He is the toughest fight Fedor has fought since Werdum and another stylistic nightmare for Fedor.

If Fedor's was washed up when he lost to Hendo in like 2011 why is he favored to win a not so minor belt in 2019?

Nostaglia is a more powerful drug than any PED!

My gut tells me Bader is going to manhandle Fedor, take him down, mount him, and pound his ass like a stallion on a mare. But damn, I would love to see Fedor suck his cock off.
Fixed

Fedor needs the early first round KO.
If Bader can get past the first round, then i’m not liking Fedor’s chances.

Fedor needs the early first round KO.
If Bader can get past the first round, then i’m not liking Fedor’s chances.
Yep. Fedor has heavy hands, but he needs to let fly early and often

I want Fedor to win but I had to vote for Bader. Momentum is on his side and Fedor doesn't seem to give a fuck about cardio and gameplan these days. He'll make it a brawl early and either knock him out or get himself KO'd.

Back