Ryan Bader vs Alexander Gustafsson who would hypothetically win

Kertol

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both guys seemed to peak at different times. Bader right now seems at his peak and Gustafsson seemed to peak around the time he beat down Jones. If both guys were to fight right now I’d pick Bader without thinking. However if it is Gustafsson in his prime my pick is Gustafsson.

Gustafsson only loses to African Americans. That's your answer.

Both guys seemed to peak at different times. Bader right now seems at his peak and Gustafsson seemed to peak around the time he beat down Jones. If both guys were to fight right now I’d pick Bader without thinking. However if it is Gustafsson in his prime my pick is Gustafsson.

I'd have to see where Gus' head is at after that Jones fight. But if he's on game, he smokes Bader. Bader isn't peaking, he's taken a dip in competition

I don't think its a coincidence that Bader has begun to peak as soon as he's in Bellator. I think Gustafsson would have won both now and in the past.

Today, I believe Bader takes that one, but 4-5 years ago, I got Gus all day long.

Gus' problem is his tremendous level of inactivity, and his inactivity seems to be a mixture of a) him believing every fight should be for the title, after a great performance against Picto Jones b) he temporarily retired after his head ended up in the 3rd row thanks to a beautifully timed/placed Rumble bomb which shows that he is not as excited about fighting as he once was, the drive has waned. As Dana has said repeatedly, if you're thinking about retiring, retire, this is not the sport to go into a fight with your mind half-in and half-out. I also believe he seems to really be haunted by the Rumble bomb, and having a hard time letting that one go, his demeanor really changed following that one.

Gus needs to get out there and mix it up, work his way back up, get some solid wins under his belt, just not sure he has it in the tank, mentally, to make that push any longer.

Bader has looked tremendous lately, really maturing nicely as a fighter.

I'd have to see where Gus' head is at after that Jones fight. But if he's on game, he smokes Bader. Bader isn't peaking, he's taken a dip in competition
That's been my argument toward Bader since he went over there.

Gus makes it look pretty easy, I think. He's pretty tough to keep down and can land some surprisingly heavy shots while moving away from damage. Bader's chin is nothing to write home about and I don't think he could outwrestle Gus.

Thatsa super super fight. Its hard to call, it could easily go either way but from how Bader has been on a tear I favour him to win. The guys is a beast.

5 years ago I'd say Gus in a heartbeat but now... I really don't know.

Back