Ryan Bader Takedown Breakdown Request

sgtlunajuice

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
hey guys,

i was surfing through youtube last night and saw one of bader's collegiate matches. i think part of the description was "ryan bader hits his signature backdrop" or something to that effect.

his opponent went for a single and bader countered by hopping on one foot, getting the whizzer, then with his other hand reached under his own leg that was trapped in the single. this hand grabbed the back of his opponent's leg and somehow gave him the leverage to trip the guyto his back. it looked like he landed pretty hard.

can you wrasslers out there give a more detailed description of this move? it was a short 6 or 8 sec video. my apologies, i can't get to youtube at work and can't post the link.

thanks in advance

pretty sure that's the one, can't see it here at work though.

cool, i'm saving this thread to view later at home. thanks for the help.

That's basically a leg scissor using an arm instead of a leg (illegal in collegiate wrestling). Never tried it, but I have to think (a) the leg scissor would be a stronger move, and (b) unless you're incredibly powerful, you'd probably get dumped on your back.

That's basically a leg scissor using an arm instead of a leg (illegal in collegiate wrestling). Never tried it, but I have to think (a) the leg scissor would be a stronger move, and (b) unless you're incredibly powerful, you'd probably get dumped on your back.

good point, i'm not even a quarter of the beast he is lol. so if you go for the leg scissor like you mentioned, what stops your opponent from coming up and driving you flat to your back?

Back