Ryan Bader Plans to Make a Statement, Finish Rashad Evans at UFC 192

Well, it was wrassler vs wrassler, they were both going to "try" to "stand" until one guy gets hit and transforms back into a blanket. Same result would've happened if Bader tasted Phil's powah.

C'mon now, Phil D does not possess K-1 Bader powah... not many people in the LHW division do.

If he works on his set ups and accuracy, he could definitely be dangerous in the feet.

tumblr_m89ykd9z4I1qz6geoo1_1280.jpg

Wolf Tickets. Rashad is durable (who besides Machida has seriously rocked him?) and has better boxing. If anything, controlling Rashad (a great MMA wrestler) on the ground would prove a stronger point in selling a Bader-DC fight.

Anything is possible I guess but I can't remember the last time Bader had a finish.
I swear if it was within his last 3 fights I'm going to facepalm so hard.

I had to go look, it's been a while (sub in 2013). But when you look at Bader's record, really his only bad loss is to Tito. There's no shame in losing to Machida, Jones, or Texiera and really he had things going his way against Glover, he just got impatient and got tagged.

Anyway, Bader's stayed busy and improved, while Rashad has been on the shelf deteriorating. I expect to see a Rashad who's not the same in terms of power, explosion, speed and cardio. Still don't know if Bader can finish it, but this is definitely 2 guys going in opposite directions. Could very well be a boring fight, but the outcome at least will be interesting.

Bader Bader Bader. All I can say is thanks for the money. I bet on Rashad and I don't expect him to lose this one.

I don't think Ryan Bader will make a statement, I think it will be more of a question.

"What happened?"

I think it's good fight for both at this point.

Rashad has been gone for 2? years doing god knows what, his carreer needs something.
Beating a small Sonnen, losing against lil Nog and split dec with Hendo...
He needs a strong comeback.

Bader is at the same point, if he ever wants to be taken serious by those idiots who do the matchmaking at the ufc he needs to crush Rashad. Honestly, I would already thrown Bader at TS by this point.

Bader might grind out an over-the-hill Evans, but I doubt he'll finish him.

Gotta give it to Bader, he's got balls for saying he's gonna KO Evans.

At that point, he'd earn a shot at the belt.

But Machida is the only one to ever KO Evans, and Bader is not even close to Machida in striking.

I agree with that. But Bader does have pretty decent power, and power can go a long way if he is able to land shots. I hope he does KO Rashad. I wouldn't mind seeing another version of

r3.jpg

this.

I have no idea why everyone here holds Rashad in such a high regard. Its 2015, so, like 6 or so years since Shad has looked anything like impressive.

Not saying Bader is a championship material but there have been too many fights where Evans has looked bad. (cough)Lil Nog(cough). In his last fights I couldnt see Suga's heart being in the game...Plus the lay off

I have no idea why everyone here holds Rashad in such a high regard. Its 2015, so, like 6 or so years since Shad has looked anything like impressive.

Not saying Bader is a championship material but there have been too many fights where Evans has looked bad. (cough)Lil Nog(cough). In his last fights I couldnt see Suga's heart being in the game...Plus the lay off

He's been inactive so there is really no way to know. You said "6 years" like he didn't summarily steam roll Chael in 2013. The Chael who tapped out Shogun.

More importantly Bader has never looked elite. He's big and athletic but not competitive with elite fighters. Most people are betting that Rashad is still relatively elite, and thats enough to get past Bader on a good day.

KMlQivX.gif

mandatory post in this thread

I dunno mayne, he did try to KO Phil Davis until Phil tasted that Bader K-1 powah. Didn't want to engage from that point on and made it a boring fight.

Phil outstruck him the whole fight theyre both had a big part in the way the fight ended

i cant believe im saying this, i hate bader.
that stuff with dc was so trashy im so glad he didnt get his titleshot.

however I think hes going to beat the brakes of Rashad tbh.
a few years ago Rashad KOs him in the first every time. Think Rashad is too old and done.

I'll go with Evans.

I don't care about this fight nearly as much as the UFC probably wants me to.

As awful as Ryan Bader is, his style is the best to beat someone like Evans, will be interesting to see how copes mentally if Evans gets a better start and rocks him.

He's been inactive so there is really no way to know. You said "6 years" like he didn't summarily steam roll Chael in 2013. The Chael who tapped out Shogun.

More importantly Bader has never looked elite. He's big and athletic but not competitive with elite fighters. Most people are betting that Rashad is still relatively elite, and thats enough to get past Bader on a good day.

And Shogun beat Nog who shut down Rashad for 3 rounds...

I think the fight with Bader could be pretty close. Bader seems to struggle when he can't take the guy down, but I agree with that poster Rashad hasn't looked too great, it's hard to say where he fits in the LHW landscape

And Shogun beat Nog who shut down Rashad for 3 rounds...

I think the fight with Bader could be pretty close. Bader seems to struggle when he can't take the guy down, but I agree with that poster Rashad hasn't looked too great, it's hard to say where he fits in the LHW landscape

That Rumble knockout though.... maybe Shogun fought the ghost of little Nog. Something. I honestly don't even like to watch the gif of that KO.

Fair point about how Bader and Rashad matchup. I won't be shocked if Bader drags it to a decision. I think Shad is a reasonable favorite though from everything we've seen out of Bader in context.

Back