Some Topics Covered:
-fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 192 in Texas
-his reaction when he got passed over for the next title shot
-Gustafsson being picked despite coming off a brutal knockout loss
-if the UFC rankings mean anything
-the conversation he had with Dana White over the phone
-if Dana made any comments about his style or promised him the next title shot
-his thoughts on Anthony Rumble Johnson calling him boring
-if he feels pressure to switch up his style in order to please the crowd more and get a title shot
-the recent twitter beef between him, Rashad and Daniel Cormier
-if Rashad's comments bothered him
-if he thinks that Rashad is slowing down in his age
-his thoughts on Rashad's bad luck with injuries over the recent years
-who has the better wrestling for MMA and what his keys to victory are
-calling out the champion in the cage after UFC 192
-Arizona scorpions

Some Quotes:

Ryan Bader

On if Bader believes Rashad is slowing down a bit in his career, due to injuries and age
“Yeah absolutely. You know everybody does at that point. And then coming off two ACL surgeries back to back and try to rehabilitate, and then not only that, get your body back into the mode of training the whole time. Honestly, I’m surprised if he shows up. 'Cause your body, if you’re not training for two years your body isn’t used to that, the rigors of a training camp and what you have to put it through to be in peak physical condition. Yeah you can skate by and do just enough and show up to the fight pretty much unprepared but you made it. So we’ll see how that happens. Two ACL surgeries in a row, it’s no joke, especially at his age. So that, coupled with the whole deal of ring rust, and like I said, we're at two different points right now. I’m right there and I want it. I haven’t had my shot yet. So that’s why I have a one-track mind to get that.”

On if Bader feels like Rashad is overlooking him in this fight
“Yeah I think so. He said I’m an easy fight and all that kind of stuff too. I love it. I love it when people overlook me, underestimate me. He’s going to be in for a rude awakening and he’s going to realise that I’m not the same fighter that he watched even a fight ago. So that’s what I love to do. I love to surprise him and everybody else, all the fans, the UFC and like you were saying earlier, earn that shot and have there be no doubt in anybody’s mind that I’m next in line.”

Prediction on how he beats Rashad
“I don’t know what it’s going to be, but I look to go out there and finish him and earn my shot. So I’m gonna call a finish. I don’t know when and I don’t know how, but I’m gonna make it happen.”

Anyone who saw Bader fight Davis knows why he was passed over for the title shot.

Gotta agree, Rashad is done...doesn't mean he wont whoop Bader tho.

'Almost done' Rashad still beats him any day of the week

The hell is wrong with Bader. Did Machida damage Baders brain in that fight?

Bader's sudden attempt at shit talking is almost as awkward as Barao, but there's some truth to what he's saying. Rashad hasn't looked particularly interested in competing since his loss to Jones, although it bears mentioning he's done an excellent job bringing one of the best MMA camps up from nothing in just a couple of years.

Bader.....like the 205 version of Bisping.
Good luck champ! Ain't never gonna happen....

Isn't it awesome now that in order to get a title shot you have to shit on the champ be loud and obnoxious fake and fucking predictable in your insults?

Thanks Conor.

if you see pictures of Rashad recently he looks like DC

chuckle.gif

i like Bader but he isn't getting passed Rashad

Rashad via whatever he wants

Bader's sudden attempt at shit talking is almost as awkward as Barao, but there's some truth to what he's saying. Rashad hasn't looked particularly interested in competing since his loss to Jones, although it bears mentioning he's done an excellent job bringing one of the best MMA camps up from nothing in just a couple of years.

Did you read the interview? He's not shit talking in the slightest. He said he doubts he makes it because Rashad had two ACLs and hasn't trained for a fight in two years and he thinks he's going to get injured trying to get back in shape. And the thing where he said Rashad looks like Cormier right now is pretty comical and true.

This fight has a decision all over it. Bader must bring it or it will be just a boring ass decision and he might get passed on another title shot.

I think Rashad is overrated. He's well rounded for sure but he's not as good as every says he is. I think Bader.beats him at this point of their careers. Bader is the underdog right now too.

Back