Rustam Khabilov vs Diego Ferreira at Ufc Prague

I've seen worse decisions.

We've all seen Garcia-Phan.

I remember scoring it for kajan but thinking that it could go to khabilov.

The only way I can see people giving it to Khabilov is by using antiquated rulings on how top-control should be scored (which plenty of judges do).

Either way, I don't think it should be held against khabilov. Whether you agree with the decision or not, he's officially on a 6 fight win streak in the UFC and should be matched up with other fighters based off of that.

Agreed.

The only way I can see people giving it to Khabilov is by using antiquated rulings on how top-control should be scored (which plenty of judges do).

Agreed.

Wasn't it judged under the old ruleset? I can't recall.

Ah, yeah, then that is worse, but at the same time a lot of the judges don't seem to go by the new rules as you said.

Idk. I'm not as bothered by it as a lot of people are.

Two of the UFC's most underrated lws. This should be a heck of a scrap. Khabilov is 23-(9-2 in ufc). Ferreira is 14-2 (5-2). Ufc prague is shaping up pretty nicely.

Wow this is a bad ass match. Ferreira has wicked Jits, Rustam has wicked Sambo. Grapple fest!

Khabilov had a ton of hype after his first UFC fight and even got a main event spot against Benson. I think his inactivity + him mostly being a decision fighter has cooled his hype off despite being on a win streak.

Diego also had hype for a while but that dyed down after his suspension.
Visa issues are no freaking joke. Rustam also suffered an injury that sidelined him for over a year

Agreed.

Its hard to match guys with no visas who generally aren't very exciting.

Both this fight and the Emeev vs Prazeres fight are low key great fights.

Khabilov had a ton of hype after his first UFC fight and even got a main event spot against Benson. I think his inactivity + him mostly being a decision fighter has cooled his hype off despite being on a win streak.
uhh... or it could be the fact that he should have lost his last two fights. the kajan johnson fight was a highway robbery.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9348/Rustam-Khabilov-vs-Kajan-Johnson
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/8382/Rustam-Khabilov-vs-Desmond-Green

uhh... or it could be the fact that he should have lost his last two fights. the kajan johnson fight was a highway robbery.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9348/Rustam-Khabilov-vs-Kajan-Johnson
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/8382/Rustam-Khabilov-vs-Desmond-Green
I don't give a heck about Khabilov (haven't even seen him fight until I saw this thread), but anyone using media scores as a means of "challenging" the validity of the official decision is a retard. You know what's the difference between the opinion of a MMA media outlet and a random sherdogger or a random MMA fan in general? The media outlet has a bigger platform to proclaim their opinion from, that's it. Neither the media outlet, nor the random fan are actually accountable for their judging, while official decisions can be challenged and overturned. Neither the media outlet nor the random fan are beholden to a strict set of scoring criteria like the ringside judges are, meaning that they can give out decisions based on personal bias and will suffer no repercussions for "scoring" fights that way. Heck, most of the time the media or fans don't even know the scoring criteria properly, lmao. Subjective biased opinions do not gain additional value simply because they are proclaimed from a bigger platform, like an entire site instead of a single forum post.

When some dumbfuck challenges an official decision (especially an unanimous one, lmao) by posting a list of "media scores", it's enough to present an equal number of random MMA fan opinions to counter it. You know why? Because the media scores and fan opinions are equivalent in their value, or, in other words, they're equally fucking worthless.

I don't give a heck about Khabilov (haven't even seen him fight until I saw this thread), but anyone using media scores as a means of "challenging" the validity of the official decision is a retard. You know what's the difference between the opinion of a MMA media outlet and a random sherdogger or a random MMA fan in general? The media outlet has a bigger platform to proclaim their opinion from, that's it. Neither the media outlet, nor the random fan are actually accountable for their judging, while official decisions can be challenged and overturned. Neither the media outlet nor the random fan are beholden to a strict set of scoring criteria like the ringside judges are, meaning that they can give out decisions based on personal bias and will suffer no repercussions for "scoring" fights that way. Heck, most of the time the media or fans don't even know the scoring criteria properly, lmao. Subjective biased opinions do not gain additional value simply because they are proclaimed from a bigger platform, like an entire site instead of a single forum post.

When some dumbfuck challenges an official decision (especially an unanimous one, lmao) by posting a list of "media scores", it's enough to present an equal number of random MMA fan opinions to counter it. You know why? Because the media scores and fan opinions are equivalent in their value, or, in other words, they're equally fucking worthless.

It's just a new form of that old appeal to popular opinion/ bandwagon fallacy.

That said, I do think khabilov lost his last fight, but I thought it was close enough where bad judges might give him the nod.

It's just a new form of that old appeal to popular opinion/ bandwagon fallacy.

That said, I do think khabilov lost his last fight, but I thought it was close enough where bad judges might give him the nod.

Precisely, that's all it is: "argumentum" ad populum in a modern package.

Khabilov is 9-2 and is going nowhere in the UFC.

His last fight vs Kajan was robbery of the year though.

The guys almost 33 and seems to be declining as he relied heavily on his athleticism and barely squeezed by kajan johnson ... and boring to boot

Ufc looking to ride out of his contract or feed him to someone and cut him ala fitch

Khabilov knows how to win decisions. I think he edges this one with the scorecards as well.

Its just a way to show someone agrees with your opinnion. And somewhat way to counter the "I read from the fight finder/Wikipedia that he won the decision so he must have whooped his ass" argument.

Back