Rustam Khabilov = Paulo thiago

Malik111

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do you think Rustam will go the same path as Paulo did after he got "derailed" by Jon Fitch ?

Lol no, rustam is insanely skilled and was evenly matched with bendo. Paulo Thiago got 1 fluke early stoppage and was overhyped.

I doubt it, but I don't see Rustam ever becoming champion.

Khabilov doesn't have a comparable win to Thiago's upset KO over Kos.

Nah Khabilov's a stud and proved he can hang with the best.

Thiago got one wild strike in for an arguably fluke KO.

Rustam is good. His cardio got him.

Paulo is more like a cool-looking, super tough Brazilian bad-ass guy, who also happens to be Brazilian special forces, when you hear about his normal life, he sounds like just a cool guy on paper; I'm surprised he's had the success that he has had so far.

That said, I'm actually a big paulo fan and if he fights again I'll cheer him on, war paulo.

Khabilov was clearly pretty evenly matched with Bendo and he's a flash in the pan now?

Nah Khabilov's a stud and proved he can hang with the best.

Thiago got one wild strike in for an arguably fluke KO.

What about his win over Swick, who was 1 win away from contending for the title?

Koscheck and Swick are better wins than any that Khabilov has in his career, and he has fought the best that 170 had to offer.

I think it is very possible for Rustam's career to end up like Paulo's

he did great against Benson.
also anyone notice something weird happening with Rustam's mouth? it looked like he was yawning a lot, or just too nervous and it cramped up his facial muscles?

Rustam's stock certainly went up after this fight, so no TS.

Paulo took out koscheck which was a huge win and also got swick no one really had a blue print for him and after the fitch fight they did I would compare Erick silva to thiago not khabilov

I like seeing these overrated sambo guys finally come to the US of A and get exposed.

Please, Khabilov is still growing and learning. His potential far exceeds Thiago.

I like seeing these overrated sambo guys finally come to the US of A and get exposed.
Lol, most of these "overrated sambo guys" come into the UFC with a record of 14-1 over better competition than your average Titan/Legacy/RFA guy...

Back