Rust players sign in

Hmm not sure why that would happen. Some servers lag but you shouldnt be crashing all the time. I load servers in 1 minute.

Is it too late to get into this game? I watched a few raid videos and they were demolishing lesser players.

In the video a guy sat there with a pickaxe and went through a wall in maybe 30 minutes (sped up). Let's say you only log on once a day, how do you protect your stuff if it can be broken into quickly?

Is it too late to get into this game? I watched a few raid videos and they were demolishing lesser players.

In the video a guy sat there with a pickaxe and went through a wall in maybe 30 minutes (sped up). Let's say you only log on once a day, how do you protect your stuff if it can be broken into quickly?

Its never too late. You cant pick through a wall unless its backwards, there are strong and weak sides to walls.

If you upgrade to metal it would take forever to pick a backwards wall, very few would try.

If you make a bad base you might get picked though.

Its a game with a lot of hardcore players. Just expect to get raided over and over until youre good, which will take like 500+ hours.

This wipe was rough. I played with a new team. The guy building our bases didnt know what he was doing and we got raided 5x. I left and made my own base.

Now I have a sweet base, a lvl 3 bench and 30k sulfur.

Things lookin good

Bchillz came to server and moved in to our raided base lol

I was pondering the same question. Looks so damn tough for a new player, I wouldn't know where to begin. I was asking around with friends seeing if anyone I know already plays so they can carry me til I know what I'm doing but most of my friends had never even heard of it.

I fell down the YouTube rabbit hole watching hilarious trap base videos for like 2 hours and now I really want to play but I'm reluctant to buy it if I'm going to hate it after a couple days of getting brutalized.

@JoeyJoeJoeJr you should carry me til I'm competent, bud.

I was pondering the same question. Looks so damn tough for a new player, I wouldn't know where to begin. I was asking around with friends seeing if anyone I know already plays so they can carry me til I know what I'm doing but most of my friends had never even heard of it.

I fell down the YouTube rabbit hole watching hilarious trap base videos for like 2 hours and now I really want to play but I'm reluctant to buy it if I'm going to hate it after a couple days of getting brutalized.

Ive played close to 700 hours and im not even that good. I got raided again so I have no base right now. Next thursday the official servers wipe at 5pm eastern so ill prolly be back then, but its usually pretty busy right after wipe, you can end up waiting a few hours in que if the server is busy.

Its a hard game and if youre new and solo, lol, good luck

Its the most fun ive had playing a game in years though

Last edited:
Ive played close to 700 hours and im not even that good. I got raided again so I have no base right now. Next thursday the official servers wipe at 5pm eastern so ill prolly be back then, but its usually pretty busy right after wipe, you can end up waiting a few hours in que if the server is busy.

Its a hard game and if youre new and solo, lol, good luck

Its the most fun ive had playing a game in years though
How does one form a team? Do you play with IRL friends or just find some like-minded players to group with?

Im going to hunt you down btw for refusing to carry me. I have a very particular set of skills. Good luck.

How does one form a team? Do you play with IRL friends or just find some like-minded players to group with?

Im going to hunt you down btw for refusing to carry me. I have a very particular set of skills. Good luck.

I met people in game. Usually you will meet the people who live beside you. My current team is guys I met who were my neighbors in game, and after getting to know them better we teamed up.

Honestly youre better off playing solo for awhile imo. I started solo and you learn more and faster as a solo because youre forced to do everything yourself.

Just expect that every time you log in your base will be gone.

Also, peolple in rust are so untrustworthy. Ive had bad expériences getting insided by a bunch of guys ive teamed with. You will meet people who will do or say anything to get ahead. A lot of them are super toxic and racist too.

If you can find a good team its a huge plus but its hard.

The people I play with arent really like minded, I just couldnt find the kind of team I wanted but I was tired of playing alone. Im playing with teenagers.

I met people in game. Usually you will meet the people who live beside you. My current team is guys I met who were my neighbors in game, and after getting to know them better we teamed up.

Honestly youre better off playing solo for awhile imo. I started solo and you learn more and faster as a solo because youre forced to do everything yourself.

Just expect that every time you log in your base will be gone.

Also, peolple in rust are so untrustworthy. Ive had bad expériences getting insided by a bunch of guys ive teamed with. You will meet people who will do or say anything to get ahead. A lot of them are super toxic and racist too.

If you can find a good team its a huge plus but its hard.

The people I play with arent really like minded, I just couldnt find the kind of team I wanted but I was tired of playing alone. Im playing with teenagers.
Thanks man. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

So I'm pretty addicted to this game. I've finally built a respectable base and am starting to gear horde. Gotten lucky my first couple of times raiding. I've got two flame throwers and found a couple of bases with wood doors making it pretty easy to raid, and both of those bases had amazing loot for such shitty bases.

Once this server wipes I think I'd like to try my hand at a more heavily populated server but I'm sure that's also much harder.

Yeah the servers wiped. There is probably going to be a que on the server I play, so I might not be on until the weekend. The official servers have good players and a lot of guys who are always online. I've always played on the populated servers because I like the competition.

Well guys who I was allied with offline raided me. Started over again just built a little base, working on getting a lvl 2 bench again

Got enough stuff to build a lvl 2 bench, full road sign armor kits and about 6-7 sars.

I made a new kind of base, its really small but has 14 large boxes and 7 small boxes. Its honeycombed top and sides with metal interior. 3 garage doors and 4 metal doors.

Its 2200hp to TC if you go through all doors.

To raid the whole base you have to blow through 2850hp.

Upkeep is less than 4k total I think. 2.5k stone and 1k metal.

Its an extremely efficient design, i designed it myself.

Last edited:
My small base got raided so i made a new big base, we got a lvl 3 bench and some guns

Still on page one but had to comment on the "you're racist if you don't want to be black" debate

I wouldn't want to be black BECAUSE of the racism, not because I'm racist. Saying that, I also wouldn't want to be a woman because they're both useless and stupid, so I suppose that makes me a sexist LMAO

The community sounds a bit like the DAYZ one (that zombie mod that became a full game) but I reckon I'd enjoy playing Rust a lot. Will be in the new year though, Christmas has already wiped me out.

Rust will probably go on sale again soon. I got it for 9.99 and id gladly pay 50 for it.

Next update electricity is being introduced its going to be sweet

Theyre working on a new oilrig monument too.

I like that they work hard to add new content

So last wipe my team allied with another team and we built bases beside each other. This wipe we were supposed to base together but the sketchy teenagers from the other team only bagged one of our guys.

He started playing with them mostly.

This wipe they offline us first day of wipe because they have us on discord and waited for us to log off. They suck so bad they decided to offline raid their allies.

The guy from my team who was now on their team tried lying about how he didnt know, turns out it was his idea.

Now we hate each other and they found our new base and door camped us the past 2 days.

They are bad though. I found them outside camping my base and I killed 2 of them 1v2 with a bow, and they had a shotgun + bow.

Kiko fletch topanga etc is the team.

I might just start up again next wipe. My base got raided by Korean zerg 3 days ago, we lost our base + 4 boxes of guns.

We rebuilt near airfeld but yeah old allies are door camping

@JoeyJoeJoeJr

your former allies do sound pathetic, but it also sounds like they've got you working for them indirectly, and in a game where that's basically all you can do, I'm not surprised really.

I wonder how much fun they have

@JoeyJoeJoeJr

your former allies do sound pathetic, but it also sounds like they've got you working for them indirectly, and in a game where that's basically all you can do, I'm not surprised really.

I wonder how much fun they have

Theyre stupid tbh. They raided us on day 1 of wipe before we really had anything, and outed themselves as non trustworthy backstabbers. Theyre all mid / low level players.

Honestly theyre always really angry, i doubt they have a lot of fun.

Dude it's like $30.

<{poor?}>

edit: nvm I see you popped your cherry.

Back