Russow the #10 HW?

mkt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Per the latest rankings. I know he had a nice winning streak and everything, but he was completely outclassed by Werdum and was basically Duffee's punching bag until he landed his own big shot.

I'd pick all of the "HW Contenders" on the Sherdog list over him--Travis Browne, Cheick Kongo, Mark Hunt, Ben Rothwell, Stefan Struve. Some of those fights might be competitive and Russow may LnP Hunt for a decision, but I still wouldn't put money on him. I'd also take Roy Nelson over Russow as well as Duffee in a rematch.

Per the latest rankings. I know he had a nice winning streak and everything, but he was completely outclassed by Werdum and was basically Duffee's punching bag until he landed his own big shot.

I'd pick all of the "HW Contenders" on the Sherdog list over him--Travis Browne, Cheick Kongo, Mark Hunt, Ben Rothwell, Stefan Struve. Some of those fights might be competitive and Russow may LnP Hunt for a decision, but I still wouldn't put money on him. I'd also take Roy Nelson over Russow as well as Duffee in a rematch.

Pay no mind to the rankings.

And don't sleep on Russow either.

In before hammerfist of doom

I like how everyone just dismisses Russow all the time... SMH

Simply saying that others belong in the #10 spot before him isn't "sleeping." If it were a Top 15 list, he'd belong somewhere between #12 and 15 IMO.

We Russow fans are used to it :)

But I don't blame the detractors, he's got those love handles, trains part time and doesn't have any top 10 wins. That being said, the man is still awesome.

Russow hasn't beaten a top ten and therefore shouldn't be a top ten. I like Russow, but Officer Rod Farva isn't a contender.

Simply saying that others belong in the #10 spot before him isn't "sleeping." If it were a Top 15 list, he'd belong somewhere between #12 and 15 IMO.

No, put listing a bunch of fighters you believe will beat Russow and saying he might LnP Hunto to victory is indicative of teh zzzzzzzzzzzzzs.

Don't pay attention to these rankings.

Look at MW : Palhares is in the contenders list, while Lombard is nowhere.

Russow hasn't beaten a top ten and therefore shouldn't be a top ten. I like Russow, but Officer Rod Farva isn't a contender.

I don't believe someone always has to beat a top 10 fighter to be in the top 10 rankings wise.

It is quite mind boggling really...

He did not belong there even before the Werdum fight, but remaining top 10 AFTER he was easily tooled like that. Don't know what to say...

Struve, Hunt, Browne, Miocic to the very least deserve to be ahead of him

the rankings these days have just been absolutely laughable

Seems like I'll have to do it myself, we all know deep down why Russow is a highly ranked HW

HammerFISTofDOOM.gif

I don't believe someone always has to beat a top 10 fighter to be in the top 10 rankings wise.

It has happened in the past, sure, but I still don't agree with it. How can you move up if you don't fight up? The only way I agree is if guys fall off the list and you move up by default. This may be what happened.

Bisping is a good example

Bisping went to a split decision with Rashad at LHW and a close, controversial UD with Sonnen at MW. Yes, he was KO'd once by Hendo, but has shown he can hang with top fighters.

Again, Russow was manhandled the one time he fought a Top 10 guy. To make matters worse, he was destroyed on the feet by a guy who's known mostly for his BJJ.

I would say he's a tad overrated on that list

Back