Russians Win Purse Bid for Povetkin vs Wilder

1.4 mill is nothing really to him.i highly doubt Fury will be fighting in Wlads backyard do you?

I find it odd you assume things about him like 1.4 million is "nothing" especially when his own people are saying how excited he is about the huge purse. He is a potential superstar but he hasn't made incredible amounts of money yet at all and it's boxing which means any given fight could be your last. I choose to believe what he says over what you assume.

As it stands now I have doubts that Fury will ever fight again anywhere so that's pretty irrelevant.

Also how and why would getting paid more money be an advantage in the actual fight? Makes no sense.....and is irrelevant to why and how in ones home country can effect fight.

Are you being serious?

Money is always an advantage. It gives you leverage in every aspect of making a fight. From lobbying for refs from a specific pool to making sure judges aren't all from wherever the fight is being held and getting to choose not only your gloves but your opponents as well. It all comes down to money. Look at how many fighters have purchased weight advantages. Look how mayweather literally bought maidana's choice of gloves. We are talking millions of dollars here. That means he can fly to wherever as far ahead of time as he wants to so he can train in that timezone and weather and altitude with the best sparring partners in the world. That is the definition of an advantage.

A bigger purse is more of an advantage for the actual fight than having it in your back yard?

Ive heard it all now.

This fight does not happen. Povetkin is better than Wilder at this point.
In our heart of hearts we all knew this fight was never going to happen, let's quit the pretence and move on please.

Are you being serious?

Money is always an advantage. It gives you leverage in every aspect of making a fight. From lobbying for refs from a specific pool to making sure judges aren't all from wherever the fight is being held and getting to choose not only your gloves but your opponents as well. It all comes down to money. Look at how many fighters have purchased weight advantages. Look how mayweather literally bought maidana's choice of gloves. We are talking millions of dollars here. That means he can fly to wherever as far ahead of time as he wants to so he can train in that timezone and weather and altitude with the best sparring partners in the world. That is the definition of an advantage.
Wait what?Money is more of an advantage....excuse me but what SKILL level or any advantage does that fall under as opposes to fighting on your own turf...? Hhahahaha Money has no bearing on refs and the such...that's dumb. Rules are sanctioned when BOTH fighters agree to whatever the rules are going to be. And really wherever the fight takes place is going to be the advantage over anything else...MONEY has nothing to do with having an advantage b/c you are getting paid more.

I find it odd you assume things about him like 1.4 million is "nothing" especially when his own people are saying how excited he is about the huge purse. He is a potential superstar but he hasn't made incredible amounts of money yet at all and it's boxing which means any given fight could be your last. I choose to believe what he says over what you assume.

As it stands now I have doubts that Fury will ever fight again anywhere so that's pretty irrelevant.

1.4 million is nothing to him,hes HW champion and hasn't made much YET b/c hes fought no one really.

The last sentence has me scratching my head too.......

Back