Russian TV: McG/Khabib press conference set for Sept 20th

I'll only believe it when they're both seated and the Tomato is in between them.

Only a couple of weeks before the fight?

I know the fight sells itself by in large, but man, it sure seems like WME is doing almost nothing to try and promote this.

I know the fight sells itself by in large, but man, it sure seems like WME is doing almost nothing to try and promote this.

Tickets for the event sold out three minutes after it was announced I don't think they need to.

I'm sure they're creating a few god tier promo vids as we speak

Tickets for the event sold out three minutes after it was announced I don't think they need to.
They definitely need to. Ticket sales are a small precentage of what promoters make for a fight. PPV $$$ and advertising $$$ for non-ppv events is where they clean up.

With that in mind, perhaps WME is trying not to over promote this fight and waste money saturating the market with advertisements a month in advance. Or perhaps the biggest star in the sport gets to dictate when, where and how it is going to be promoted and he would rather train... or perhaps it's both.

Fully expecting a possibly real or even staged altercation during the face to face.

Maybe even one of them will accidentally swing at Dana giving him a black eye.

That will sell 500k more PPV

Fully expecting a possibly real or even staged altercation during the face to face.

Maybe even one of them will accidentally swing at Dana giving him a black eye.

That will sell 500k more PPV
Conor is known for trying to physically assault people if he can't get to them with words. Maybe a headbutt or something will happen. Though Conor might be aware how severe the backlash will be from Dagestanis and rather play things fair.

Its funny because people bitch that they don't want wwe bulshit in mma . but when there no press conference, people lose their minds lol

There are no possible words from Conor's point of view that will sell the fight more genuinely than the footage from Brooklyn.

giphy.gif

Casuals don't care about cut-and-paste promos JOE ROGAN OOOOHHHHHHHHH X IS THE MOST DANGEROUS FIGHTER OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Y IS THE BIGGEST CHALLEGE OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH cue emo cover of old hit song 2 months before the fight.

Profanity-laced tirade(s) during fight week is how you promote fights in 2018.

Last edited:
Without promos they should call it UFC 229: Just send me location

They expect Conor to do 100% of the promotion while they do exactly nothing. Maybe firing their marketing department wasn't such a good idea?

Max is gonna be in Las Vegas this week and he is rumored to headline one of the remaining PPVs...

Also tickets for UFC 230 go on sale next week, they need to announce a main event before that...

Am I correct in assuming khabib will make sure his father stays between himself and the bad man?

Surprised it's not until the 20th. Hopefully there will still be a few to storm through.

If this is the one and only...lets hope for solid content.

Back