Russian aggression in the UK

puppybird

the wasteland champ
@Black
Reaction score
so over xmas dinner I had a quick chat with my grandfather some of which involved the UKs relationship with Russia.

He put forward a compelling (and quite frankly worrying) argument that war is on the cards.

Since Trump seems to want to side with Putin, and the UK is soon to leave the EU, Britain will soon be totally alone and more isolated than ever before.

What is stopping Russia from invading the UK?

Discuss

Tell your gramps that by the looks of it, Britain will be so full of saracens soon that a Russian invasion will be a breath of fresh air.

Jk. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. If the populist movement that was spearheaded by Farage continues in UK, you'll see UK side by side with Trump.

Lmao.

Ship your Grandfather off to the funny farm bro.

A guy named Boris is working with a guy named Vladimir.

When the UK left the EU the pound dropped. Then A LOT of Russian money moved in buying up property in London.

It is already over, Russia is already there.

Ever since Westphalia Russia has worked to weaken European solidarity.

so over xmas dinner I had a quick chat with my grandfather some of which involved the UKs relationship with Russia.

He put forward a compelling (and quite frankly worrying) argument that war is on the cards.

Since Trump seems to want to side with Putin, and the UK is soon to leave the EU, Britain will soon be totally alone and more isolated than ever before.

Discuss

200 nuclear war heads and a blue water navy.

/thread.

000758E000000C1D-3822122-Defence_Secretary_Sir_Michael_Fallon_said_a_31billion_programme_-m-56_1475608090079.jpg

What do you think the US/NATO would do under this scenario?

The banking establishment in London would not allow such a scenario to happen either, unless it was in their interests, which I doubt.

Isnt half of Britain owned by Arab and Russian oligarchs already?

Tell your gramps that by the looks of it, Britain will be so full of saracens soon that a Russian invasion will be a breath of fresh air.

Jk. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. If the populist movement that was spearheaded by Farage continues in UK, you'll see UK side by side with Trump.

LOL

The UK is the example of losing without a fight. This is exactly what America does not want follow. Thus trump. Brexit is the UK's last grasp to get its glory back.

Tell your grandad to stop reading fake news ;)

What the hell would even be gained by attempting to invade Britain, we have literally zero natural resources and are a tiny island, plus any drastic emergency scenario could possibly lead to Trident missiles being fired, that alone wouldn't make it worth it for any country.

If anything we'll be sided up with Putin/Trump.

War isn't fought with weapons. War is won by controlling people's minds, creating conflict and confusion and instability. Can't risk the people working together and starting a revolution.

Murdoch just bought up more of the UK media.

Murdoch, Koch brothers, Kushner empire, Trump, Putin...

Maybe at some point the people will figure out what is really going on, but it doesn't seem like it.

Discuss

937202-facepalm_implied_super.jpg

The British Military is a pathetic shadow of what it once was. It's still one of the most powerful in the world. Full scale war against the UK is not a decision to be taken lightly. Even if the rest of the world stayed out of it, and the Russians committed all their available forces - neither of which would happen - the Russians would get mauled even before they landed on British soil. The Royal Navy doesn't have many ships left, but the ones they do have pack a punch, and the sailors and officers on them are rather good at their job. The Russian Air Force and Navy would greatly out-number the RN and RAF. But they would still sustain horrendous casualties before they could land an invasion force.

They would then have to fight their way inland against some of the most highly trained and battle-hardened soldiers on the planet, who were fighting for, and in, their own country. The Russians would bleed for every yard they gained. Of course, the Ivans have never been too worried about casualties. But this wouldn't be the Great Patriotic War, when Russians fought for their very survival. 75% of the Russian Army are conscripts who only serve for a year. Moral would go downhill fast. The average Russian would have no desire to get his head blown off invading a country thousands of miles from Mother Russia just because Vlad the Impaler went Full Florida.

All out, no holds barred, last man standing conventional war? The Russians might win by sheer weight of numbers. But the only thing more fucked than what was left of their armed forces would be their economy.

And all of the above, of course, is leaving out the fact that the UK is a fully paid up member of the Instant Sunshine Club. There's a reason that no nation with Nuclear Weapons has ever been invaded.

Thanks for your on point answers guys!

Sometimes I'm glad I live in such an undesirable inhospitable country.

Because Germany would lead an EU coalition into Moscow.

Back