News Russia president Putin meets with Khabib and his dad, again

Interesting that Khabib told Islam before the fight that he knew Dustin would go for a guillotine and that he would give up his neck on purpose to tire him out.

Putin: Yes, he's a little taller than you right?

Putin was hoping Khabib took the win for the short guys out there <Gordonhat>

Where you from?

Irrelevant, simply point out the hypocrisy. I don't give a shit when he meets Kadtyrov or anyone else but he's meeting Kadyrov's daddy who we can say is worse but no one bats an eye, typical. Where is Karim Zidane when you need him.

Irrelevant, simply point out the hypocrisy. I don't give a shit when he meets Kadtyrov or anyone else but he's meeting Kadyrov's daddy who we can say is worse but no one bats an eye, typical. Where is Karim Zidane when you need him.
The people who hold it against Khabib that he has a relationship with Kadyrov and Putin are extremely ignorant. Who knows what kind of repercussions turning down either of them could have on not only Khabib but his entire family as well.

The people who hold it against Khabib that he has a relationship with Kadyrov and Putin are extremely ignorant. Who knows what kind of repercussions turning down either of them could have on not only Khabib but his entire family as well.

The worst thing is their problem with him taking pictures with Kadyrov over Putin even though Putin is Kadyrov's superior and can shit him down at any time. Pure hypocrisy.

Khabib is getting attention from Russian president again. President was visiting Dagestan and before returning back to Moscow he took time to speak with Khabib and his father about the fight.

So Putin starts by congratulating Khabib on the victory.

Putin: I wan to congratulate you, I'll start with you (to Abdulmanap) on your son's victory. I was a worthy victory and I think it was a worthy strong opponent this time.

Khabib: He was respectful, tough and strong. This time it was a respectful guy.

Putin: That depends on the person, but a great athlete has to be respectful, there is not other way. But it was a confident victory. I saw it, well done.

Khabib: Thanks a lot.

Putin: I was a good choke.

Khabib: This time my father was with me so I couldn't let him down.

Putin: It was a classic rear choke, you did it with good technique, you did not push on his throat but pushed on the sides (arteries). That's right I saw it, he was squeezing from both sides like you're suppose to. Everything was fair.

Khabib: (Laugh) For the beginning I was trying to do neck crank in the first round, but he was turning away from it correctly. It also turned out that way that all the action took place by my father, I'm squeezing and I turn to my father and speak to him through the cage "I'm not getting the choke". My friends asked me later if my father told me not to finish him in the first round.

Vassiliev (head of Dagestan): I heard "otpusti" let him go.

Abdulmanap: No I told him "don't stress, it's all going well".

Putin: He was a good striker right?

Khabib: Yes, he caught me with a good shot. All of his fights he wins by striking and pressure. We expected that whe would be a little quicker than me with his hands in the stand up and That's why we had to slow him down.

Putin: You mean make him tired so he would be slower.

Khabib: Yes, we knew that it would be dangerous to strike with him in the first round, that's why the plan was to take him down and tire him out in the first round. In the second round I got to carried away in the stand up and got caught with a punch (laugh). Then I hear my father's unsatisfied tone (smile) and understand that I have to get back to wrestling.

Putin: That's right, you need to use your strong traits and stop him from using his.

Abdulmanap: Less risk.

Putin: Yes, he's a little taller than you right?

Khabib: No, we're about the same. I though I would be bigger and stronger, but we were about the same. In the clinch I felt that he's not weaker than me physically. That's when I understood that I will have to grind him for a bit, I will have to ride him (smile). Also it was very hot in there, that meant that he was very slippery. I noticed from the first clinch that it was hard to hold him because of this, that meant I had to adjust my strategy a bit during the fight.

Putin: Yes that creates additional difficulties...

Abdulmanap: Some people try to cheat, they rub their hair with a substance that starts running when the person starts to sweat and they become more slippery.

Khabib: Another thing is, I'm used to fighting in the states. When you walk in, the crowd is usually supporting your opponent. I'm used to whistling and booing. But this time when I walked in and everyone was supporting me, I'm not used to it. I didn't think It would be so strange.

In the dressing room everything felt as usual, nothing special. But when I walked in and felt all that support, saw so many friend and family in the arena. I actually felt a lot of pressure, that I haven't felt for a long time. Usually that feeling stops, but this time after 5 minutes I was still feeling this pressure and I look over at my father and I see that he's a bit nervous as well. I tell him, hey you're suppose to be calm here, you're making me even more nervous :).

Abdulmanap: There were so many papakha hats there it was almost like being home.

Khabib: But later when the fighting started I felt ok.

Putin: Yes I saw that you got some good takedowns on him where you lifted him of his feet.

Khabib: There was another thing, I told my friend (Islam) before the fight that I noticed that he likes to go for guillotine when taken down. I saw that he does it with his right hand and never with his left. I told him that I want to give up my neck to gas his arms.

Putin: That is very dangerous.

Khabib: Yes, that's dangerous, but I was pushing on his right leg so he never had two legs around me. But I felt that it went wrong and I felt that the squeezing got stronger and stronger. I rolled over to the side and it still only got stronger. That's when I felt I was in trouble and that I had to get out of there.

Putin: During those situations you don't notice how you go to sleep.

Khabib: Yes you wake up..

Putin: And everything is over.

Khabib: Yes that was a moment in the fight where I almost made a mistake.

Putin: I want ot congratulate you once again. It was a good and fair fight and a beautiful victory.

Khabib: Thank you, how is your health.

Putin: Very good, thank you.

Khabib: With your schedule it must be hard to maintain good health without exercise.

Putin: It would be impossible. The jet lag is the hardest thing, to fly between Vladivostok and Moscow, it's 7 hour difference, that's hard to get used to. You know all about that.

Khabib: Yes you need an acclimatisation period. We went to UAE from California, it's 11 hour difference and it took about a week to get back to feeling normal. I was keeping an eye on the opponent, if he's come yet. He came later than me and I knew that it would take 10 days for him to getting used to it. So you try to think positive and think of the small advantages you have over your opponent.

Usually it takes about a week to get used to the heat. During the first week, in the gym, you are suffocating. We have been there before, we knew that it is desert climate that takes getting used to. So we knew that you have to come in advance. It's 43-46 degrees celsius and warm winds. Also they build a new arena, that was only 80-90% complete, so there were problems with oxygen in there. So imagine this, plus about 20 000 people in the arena and the heat outside. Before the fight everyone told me it's very hot, I was thinking that during the main event that's when it's going to be full crowd, so it will get even hotter in there.

Abdulmanap: The difference between the temperature in the dressing room and arena was 14 degrees celsius.

Khabib: Yes I was already sweating before I even got to the octagon. So it's a first time I fought in conditions like this. And also first time with father in my corner (laugh), you fight and he is always in the back of your head.

Putin: I want to congratulate you guys once again.

You're a legend bro

Appreciate another great thread

<{monica}>

The worst thing is their problem with him taking pictures with Kadyrov over Putin even though Putin is Kadyrov's superior and can shit him down at any time. Pure hypocrisy.

It's very relevant, because you seem to have 0 understanding of the politics in Russia.

If your best source of information about Russia is Karim Zidan from "bloody" fucking "elbow" then I feel sorry for you.

:D Khabib is so gangsta he made VVP fly over to Dagestan and congratulate him.

There are many reasons to be friends with powerful people. For 1 Putin is having government finance MMA gym development program in Dagestan that Khabib's father will be in charge of. In the last interview I translated with Khabib's father, he talks a lot about that.

Kadyrov usually showers them with presents and banquettes whenever they are in Chechnya. Kadyrov gave Khabib's father a Mercedes SUV recently and who knows what else.

Now I do not think anything would happen with Khabib or his family if he refused to meet with Putin or Kadyrov, but he would get none of the perks.

:D Khabib is so gangsta he made VVP fly over to Dagestan and congratulate him.

Roman, you are another guy from Russia on this forum. Tell these Americans. Do you honestly think that Khabib's life would be in danger if he refused to meet Putin?

It's very relevant, because you seem to have 0 understanding of the politics in Russia.

If your best source of information about Russia is Karim Zidan from "bloody" fucking "elbow" then I feel sorry for you.

Is Putin nice guy and Kadyrov bad guy in your opinion?

Putin best leader in world at the moment.
And Khabib in Russian actually shows he has high IQ. Not the neanderthal portrayed in the West. Much smarter than Conor and other UFC fighters.

And for Putin it is smart move. Elevating Khabib as Russian champion, also a Dagestani icon that is patriotic for Russia, so that increases sentiments of patriotism across Dagestan for Russian motherland. Very good PR by Putin.

Putin and Kadyrov both have the ability to be nice guys and bad guys depending on the situation.

I also don't think the main quality for the President of Russia is to be the nice guy, I think it's to be the smart guy. That I think he is.
Kadyrov in my opinion is the necessary guy to keep the peace in the region.

Bad/Good guy depends very much on individual politics and National origin.
To me Putin & Kadyrov are ruthless guys, not "nice" by any means.
But I prefer "ruthless and honest", than half the career politicians we have in the West, and who are basically weasels with zero loyalty to their constituencies/people. With people like Putin or Kadyrov, you know what to expect. You know they love their people, their country, their religion, and you know not to fuck with them. In the West half the politicians would sell their mother if it gained them political points.

I'd rather sit down for a Vodka with Putin even if I don't agree with half of his politics than someone like Obama or Trump.

Having opposition killed/imprisoned, protests stopped, LGBT rights etc... pure hypocrisy.
Not really proven is it, killings end so on? Lgbt or whatever are doing just fine having same rights as everyone else, everyone is at peace, we just don't get to see their trash tastless parades, which is a great thing if you ask most people, so...democracy. Only fair and relevant point from your collection of CNN headlines here is about protests.
But anyway you seem to have your mind made up on this matter, probably no point to argue.

Back