Russia May Sign Agreement to Build 8 Reactors in Iran

Would it be reasonable to interpret this report to mean that the Kremlin is sending a message to Ukraine?

The message being that Western sanctions won't deter Russia from intervening in Ukraine should the country position itself even closer towards the West.

The announcement of recent events right before the elections in Ukraine is very suspicious.

I must admit that I'm not extremely well-read on matters of politics though (not that political science impresses me as anything more than interpretive journalism).

Iran wants nuclear power, let them have it. We, as in Westinghouse, are helping China build nuclear power plants. No big deal.

I believe the US was and is in favor of this as it makes their research and develment unnecessary, if they were honest about their program.

On a side note the Russians reactor history is nothing to brag about. If they help them with plans on the Russian containment buildings and their safety plans the problem will solve itself. The only problem is contamination spread to other countries when the big fuck up happens.

Last edited:
This is just a small step in the grand scheme to stop polluting our atmosphere with greenhouse gases.

Isn't this a good thing? Doesn't that mean they can stop developing nuclear technology cause they have the reactors in place?

The two are highly related when you want weapons grade radioactive material.

Is there anyone who really believes Iran's nuclear ambitions are part of a green initiative or something? It certainly is not cost effective with the natural gas and oil resources Iran possesses.

Ah well, the one weapon that can literally destroy life on earth someday, I'm not concerned!

Isn't this a good thing? Doesn't that mean they can stop developing nuclear technology cause they have the reactors in place?

no way. Iran knows a nuc is the best defense against US/Israel aggression.

Russia is gotten to

Russia is making the green.

Reactors here, gas deals there, with American power in the wane it is time to open shop and let the bullets fly. We're already seeing a brave new world of conflict anew.

no way. Iran knows a nuc is the best defense against US/Israel aggression.

At least until the Saudi's build one and think they can "take" Iran in a "first strike" or proliferate it to allies who can use it for them.

China and Russia rely on Iran for oil. They have billions invested in Iranian oil.

U.s. tries to mess with Iran, they mess with their investors as well. U.s. won't do a damn thing but cyber attacks.

arab on arab violence is no good

Arab on Persian, Sunni on Shiite, and all for us to watch on CNN!

Unless all the new nuclear weapons floating around the Middle East happen to fall into the hands of militants, then Atlanta may get a little hotter than its reputation implies.

Arab on Persian, Sunni on Shiite, and all for us to watch on CNN!

Unless all the new nuclear weapons floating around the Middle East happen to fall into the hands of militants, then Atlanta may get a little hotter than its reputation implies.

fear mongering! The US/Israel has killed more arab/pali civilians than the other way around.

fear mongering! The US/Israel has killed more arab/pali civilians than the other way around.

I don't know, a hundred thousand dead Syrians were kind of tied up in the whole Sunni/Shiite thing... and that is just current events.

I don't know, a hundred thousand dead Syrians were kind of tied up in the whole Sunni/Shiite thing... and that is just current events.

civil war no? Not the same as fighting an aggressive war against another country.

Back