1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Russia and China soon signing Energy Deal to build Pipeline

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Pupi, May 14, 2014.

1. Jukai Silver Belt

China and Russia reach the deal. Doesn't seem like it meets the same price as Europe and it's a bizarrely long contract, but Russia got it done I guess.

2. ObsoleteSoul Silver Belt

Did you see what those start up costs alone are? China plays hardball.

3. IDL Steel Belt

haha sorry I just noticed your call out.

Yes I have noticed the China-Russia relationship growing. It seems to be forming a counter balance. Start prepping!

4. Pupi SAVAGE

We shall see how far their egalitarianism will go.

5. ZroC Silver Belt

Current reports seem to suggest this deal was a win for Russia as they got the price closer to what they wanted. So much about everyone here laughing about Russia running begging to China.

Also, the importance of this deal shouldn't be understated, as it essentially gives two of the biggest "axis" powers reason to side with each other should war break out. The West have essentially created their greatest threat to their power since the cold war ended.

6. I've been reading that as well. Looks like Putin is still winning Sheen style.

7. ObsoleteSoul Silver Belt

From what I read, the gas price was closer to what they wanted, but the start up got almost doubled, or somewhere around that mark. I think the initial investment for Russia will be somewhere around 55 billion, compared to China's 20 or so.

Not much compared to the overall cost, yet it will cost much more to even realize the start of this venture, than expected.

8. Orgasmo Silver Belt

I for the life of me can't figure out why would US antagonize both Russia and China at the same time. First the pivot to Asia to rustle China's jimmies, then supporting the opposition in Ukraine and missile shield to poke at Russia. Has Americans never heard of divide and conquer? Now he bundled China and Russia into a quasi-alliance, an energy and industrial giant. Russia is the world's largest natural gas and 2nd largest oil exporter in the world, while China is the world's second largest economy and largest manufacturer. It's not exactly what anyone would want to engage at the same time.

9. ZroC Silver Belt

Do you think Gog and Magog are Russia and China? Because I've read that Gog is either the name for the leader of Magog ... or that Gog is a super power which controls an alliance of smaller countries? I know one of them is beyond any doubt considered to be Russia but where does China come into it?

10. IDL Steel Belt

I only know about those prophecies in a very general sense so I don't know. I have no background in religion at all.

That said, learning more detail about them is on my TODO list because I think there is something to them.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  11. Jeez, if China locks in a deal for a bunch of new Sukois they will have a world class airforce too.

If they play their cards right they'll have Taiwan before the end of the decade

12. D3THRONED Brown Belt

Who cares?

13. Orgasmo Silver Belt

They're already the most capable air force in Asia, and second largest in the world. You speak like they don't already have Taiwan by the balls.

14. ZroC Silver Belt

pretty much anyone who cares about the direction the world is heading in?

15. ZroC Silver Belt

Oh there was someone here running around saying Gog and Magog were China and Russia and I assumed it was you. I've read that the most likely interpretation is that Gog is a super power who is begrudgingly brought into a war against Israel by a coalition of smaller nations (Magog.) Not really hard to see how that might reflect Russia and the middle east today.

Very interesting how Chirac came out and said that during a phone call in 2003 George Bush said to him that Gog and Magog were running rampant in the middle east.

16. Jukai Silver Belt

I don't think Russia's harassment was planned, dude. China is a legitimate thread and so Obama did the whole 'pivot to Asia' move but Russia is pretty flimsy and so the US didn't really plan anything. They didn't know Ukraine was gonna hit the shitter.

17. ZroC Silver Belt

Forbes now saying Russia-China alliance is emerging. Says the USA has completely screwed up by pushing the only two countries that can stand up to their global dominance closer together.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markado...rging-and-it-will-be-a-disaster-for-the-west/

NATO have been making moves around Russia for a while now. There's also some strong arguments being made that the Ukraine collapse was engineered by the West. In fact, it could be said one of the main reasons Russia is lashing out like this is because they've become increasingly paranoid and agitated by the West's geopolitical position around their borders.

[​IMG]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-27200078
    http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_02_25/US-pushes-NATO-membership-for-Georgia-1871/

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  18. Jukai Silver Belt

19. Kevin Rudd Banned Banned

Jesus some of you fearmongers in this thread are pathetic. Oh Russia and China are building a gas pipeline, they are going to challenge the USA now.

Did everyone miss the fact that Russia is essentially a banana republic with a basket case for an economy?

At the same time did everyone also miss the fact that China's biggest trading partner is the US?

anyone who thinks China is going to back Russia in an actual military conflict with the USA has rocks in their head. You don't cut off you nose to spite your face.

20. Jukai Silver Belt

Ohhhhh offering Georgia membership to NATO and Russia blaming the US for Ukraine. Wow I totalllllly change my opinion.