Russell jr requests WBC to order a fight vs Berchelt at 130 pounds

potential classic if it comes through. berchelt makes it ugly and wins a close one via stealing early rounds, imo. gary needs a big fight quite badly.

I think Russell Jr. gets bullied by a guy like Berchelt. He was already kind of small for FW.

Gary's gonna be small at 130 but he's gonna be so fucking fast. Speed vs power, fun fight. Gary Gang up in this biznatch!

I think Russell Jr. gets bullied by a guy like Berchelt. He was already kind of small for FW.
my thoughts exactly. I think Berchelt stops him in the mid rounds.

I think he deeply regrets it after round 6.

Last edited:
Is GRJ big enough? Berchelt is awesome but fights from one range. Pretty sure GRJ could beat him to the punch, but if he cant hurt him hes gonna be beaten silly trying to trade or get off those lightning quick combinations. I personally think Berchelt is too big, but if dude requests it maybe he sees something to exploit.

Good fight. GRJ is a talent that has not had a busy career. His best days are, I'm worried, behind him.

Russell tends to fade in the late rounds.

He did against JoJo and that Chinese guy

i expect a pretty brutal beating if that happens

I expect Lil Gary to continue running his mouth and stay in his lil neck of the woods.

I'd be inclined to believe you if it were a bit earlier in Gary Russell Jr.'s career but he's not getting any younger & he can't be getting rich off of these once a year mandatories vs no-name fighters. So, I think he's at the cash in stage of his career. He called out Haney about a month or two ago. So, I think he wants a money fight & Berchelt provides him with one.

I'd be inclined to believe you if it were a bit earlier in Gary Russell Jr.'s career but he's not getting any younger & he can't be getting rich off of these once a year mandatories vs no-name fighters. So, I think he's at the cash in stage of his career. He called out Haney about a month or two ago. So, I think he wants a money fight & Berchelt provides him with one.

<36>

I agree. I'd say dude is ancient for division because hes been around forever, but he doesnt have the milage like some his age, but the fight sounds like suicide and has to be about $$ because otherwise it's out of left field.

I agree. I'd say dude is ancient for division because hes been around forever, but he doesnt have the milage like some his age, but the fight sounds like suicide and has to be about $$ because otherwise it's out of left field.

Yep. I think Russell does well with his speed & movement the first half of the fight but then Berchelt wears him out with his pressure & heavier shots down the stretch & stops him late.

Back