Ruslan Magomedov’s supsension ends in September who should he return against?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This guy is still a pretty good young prospect in the heavyweight division. Was looking good before he got popped. I’m interested in his return. Maybe someone like Albini, Ivanov or Weiczorek

This guy is still a pretty good young prospect in the heavyweight division. Was looking good before he got popped. I’m interested in his return. Maybe someone like Albini, Ivanov or Weiczorek

Albini sounds good.

He's a tough fight for anyone in the division. I wouldn't mind seeing him against Ngannou regardless of the Blaydes outcome.

The UFC has more than enough fighters with Magomed in their name. It's too difficult to keep track of.

The UFC has more than enough fighters with Magomed in their name. It's too difficult to keep track of.

Doesn't help they all have the same haircut and face.

Doesn't help they all have the same haircut and face.
giphy.gif

Anyone who is high top 15 or fringe 15. For example, Justin Willis, Struve, or Luis Henrique come to mind.

This guy is young, talented and the HW is damn shallow, I would fully expect him to get a top 15 fight (or damn near it)upon return.

Why was his suspension so long if it was only his first time getting caught?

Knowing how the UFC has been recently I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him a week or two out from being reinstated. Not because he deserves to be cut but because why not WME gonna WME.

"Was looking good before he popped"

how many times have we heard that...

Why was his suspension so long if it was only his first time getting caught?
standard first time ban under USADA is 2 years. He took a supplement that had prohibited substances listed on the label (as well as containing another unlisted substance)

he had zero defence

standard first time ban under USADA is 2 years. He took a supplement that had prohibited substances listed on the label (as well as containing another unlisted substance)

he had zero defence
Ahhh I thought first time was 1 year.

Back