Rupture Rash Guards

Update: The rash guards have shipped and are on their way to our facility. We have cycles set aside for QA and will begin shipping to customers by order date.

This has been by far the most embarrasing thing to happen to our company to date. For the customers that pre-ordered, I'm surprised you haven't lynched us. Tonight, all I can do is say I'm humbled by your patience and hope the product lives up to expectation against the thoroughly ridiculous wait time. Once the rash guards arrive to you, please provide candid feedback on the product publicly and/or privately. Feel free to include the fact that you had to wait forever and a day to receive your goods - this has taught us a very valuable lesson and this will be the absolute last pre-order we ever do.

I leave for the Rupture Northeast Jiu Jitsu Championships in the morning. I will have an additional announcement Monday after we meet internally to brief you guys on what we will do to compensate our pre-order folks. I don't think the 15% discount and free shipping have gone far enough.

I want to reiterate that this will NEVER happen again. Those that purchase from us on a regular basis can attest to the fact that on-time delivery is normally never a problem for us. Even if we have to lose money on this entire order, we will do what is necessary as a company to do the right thing by our customers.

On the one hand I'm sad that the rashguards have taken so long, on the other hand I'm happy that you're handling it in a professional and customer centric manner. Kudos, I wish all the vendors I worked with daily for my job were as customer minded as you; world would be a better place.

Still looking forward to the rashguards.

On the one hand I'm sad that the rashguards have taken so long, on the other hand I'm happy that you're handling it in a professional and customer centric manner. Kudos, I wish all the vendors I worked with daily for my job were as customer minded as you; world would be a better place.

Still looking forward to the rashguards.

Yeah... its must be some sort of sick joke as i have tried ordering twice from the net in the last 6 months to buy a rashgaurd, i dont mind to much with this one but the last company wouldnt even give me a refund.. they said they had to order the gear from another country and were not subjected to refunds, gave me a refund via gift certificate and had nothing i wanted as all products were sold out or not in size.
im glad Rupture have handeled this correctly..

good customer service pays off because even though i don't need a rash guard, and i also didn't preorder, seeing as how they are taking care of business now makes me want one.

Sorry for the late update. We're all recovering from an awesome but thoroughly exhausting Rupture Northeast Championships (malfunctioning A/C in the venue on one of the hottest days of the year).

All the rash guards have shipped. We literally assaulted the USPS yesterday with a string of pickups. Everything was shipped priority mail, so you should be receiving your package in the next couple of days.

We included an ADCC tournament series shirt or Rupture Signature shirt with every order, as well as a personal coupon code for 25% off the PTSi shorts and Haretsu Gi's - which will not be offered on a pre-order basis. When we release those products they will be available to purchase/ship immediately.

I apologize for the long wait to get the rash guards into your hands. The pre-order was a mistake and as I said before, we won't do it again. Once you guys start getting the rashies, I'd appreciate it if someone started a feedback thread to tell us how they like them. Please be honest in your evaluation. One thing we do well is push the R & D envelope, and there is always room for improvement.

Thanks,

Nick

Sorry for the late update. We're all recovering from an awesome but thoroughly exhausting Rupture Northeast Championships (malfunctioning A/C in the venue on one of the hottest days of the year).

All the rash guards have shipped. We literally assaulted the USPS yesterday with a string of pickups. Everything was shipped priority mail, so you should be receiving your package in the next couple of days.

We included an ADCC tournament series shirt or Rupture Signature shirt with every order, as well as a personal coupon code for 25% off the PTSi shorts and Haretsu Gi's - which will not be offered on a pre-order basis. When we release those products they will be available to purchase/ship immediately.

I apologize for the long wait to get the rash guards into your hands. The pre-order was a mistake and as I said before, we won't do it again. Once you guys start getting the rashies, I'd appreciate it if someone started a feedback thread to tell us how they like them. Please be honest in your evaluation. One thing we do well is push the R & D envelope, and there is always room for improvement.

Thanks,

Nick

SOLID!!!!

you guys make quality equipment!!! I'll keep eye out for the gi and shorts!!!

awesome! what do these adcc or singature shirts look like?
haretsu gi?

The ADCC shirts are the official ADCC tournament series shirts from last year's ADCC Regional Championships. Rupture Clothing was the only official gear sponsor of the ADCC Regionals and National Championships.

The shirts are very nice - 30 single ring spun cotton, tag printed inside collar, not sewn, so it doesn't chafe the back of your neck, and the printing is done in water-based ink discharged into the material (meaning it won't peel, crack, you can iron on them, etc.). Made in the USA from stitch to print. I don't have pics of the shirts as we usually only sell them at ADCC events.

The others are shirts we currently carry. Same material, construction and printing. I should mention that we will no longer carry cotton T's. They are very nice but there are a few other companies that use the same printing methods and materials. We're not really a fashion company anyway, so going forward, the T-shirts we will carry will be made of technical materials only and designed specifically for sports and high-intensity activities.

The Haretsu Kimono is our new Gi. Projected release date is sometime in August. This may be delayed as we don't release anything we're not 110% happy with, but so far we're on track. The day it goes on sale is the day it will be available to ship (read: no pre-order). The only thing I can say about the Gi is that it is US-made, the quality is unreal and it has features not seen in any Gi to date. I cannot give away more than this, sorry. There are 3 existing prototypes and while not fully finalized, they are still the best Gi on the market by miles. One of the black belts involved in the R & D of the Gi refused to give the most recent prototype back :).

There is already some feedback on the PTSi rash guards on our Facebook page. Please provide yours when you receive your rashies. The second version will be out soon.

-Nick

The Haretsu Kimono is our new Gi. Projected release date is sometime in August. This may be delayed as we don't release anything we're not 110% happy with, but so far we're on track. The day it goes on sale is the day it will be available to ship (read: no pre-order). The only thing I can say about the Gi is that it is US-made, the quality is unreal and it has features not seen in any Gi to date. I cannot give away more than this, sorry. There are 3 existing prototypes and while not fully finalized, they are still the best Gi on the market by miles. One of the black belts involved in the R & D of the Gi refused to give the most recent prototype back :).

There is already some feedback on the PTSi rash guards on our Facebook page. Please provide yours when you receive your rashies. The second version will be out soon.

-Nick

i just want to know if the gi has a slim type fit. i don't like really baggy gis.

in regards to the rashguards, can we order them now? sounds like you got all the pre-order people taken care of, but do you have stock to take more orders?

in regards to the rashguards, can we order them now? sounds like you got all the pre-order people taken care of, but do you have stock to take more orders?

We have VERY FEW left. What is there is in single digits and we don't have every color combo and size. We only had 3 people cancel their order and one gentleman emailed us and said he would like his rash guard. That said, there is some stock available.

We placed a subsequent order late last week to restock. They will be here next week.

Regards,

Nick

Finally got my shipping notice, definitely looking forward to the rashguards; my poor Sprawls and Troia rashguards are putting in so much work lately.

We have VERY FEW left. What is there is in single digits and we don't have every color combo and size. We only had 3 people cancel their order and one gentleman emailed us and said he would like his rash guard. That said, there is some stock available.

We placed a subsequent order late last week to restock. They will be here next week.

Regards,

Nick

i guess i'll just wait till you update the website and it says in stock. i'm not in a rush to buy new rashguards, i just really like the design.

I really want the rashguard, and i also will take and believe what you say about the gi, so i will wait, please dont disappoint!!!!

I really want the rashguard, and i also will take and believe what you say about the gi, so i will wait, please dont disappoint!!!!

Man, other than this shipping cluster****, we never do. In the almost 3 years we've been around, we've built a reputation around making the best products in the business, and making them here in the US. The reason we have increasing market penetration is our fanatical dedication to quality and innovation of our products. We have a lot of weaknesses (our supply chain can obviously use some improvement), and we tend to run out of product quickly, but quality and innovation are not problems for us. The Gi's will be incredible - if they are anything less, we will never sell them, because they would just be average Gi's with our logo on them.

I'm deeply anxious to see what the community thinks about the new rashies. I keep sifting through the mountain of tracking numbers in our back-end system to see if anyone else got their rash guard already :). We had one person that posted feedback on our Facebook page, but that's not nearly a high enough data sample :).

Bump for feedback from those that have received theirs. Fire away :).

Hey, I just received mine and from first glance/try on they're terrific. I ordered two of the short sleeve and they fit great (size: XL, I'm 6'4, 204ibs).

I'll be able to put a better review up later this week hopefully after rolling in them/washing etc.

I also wanted to say thanks for the free t-shirt man, badass ADCC shirt for sure.

Off the cuff the first thing I noticed was how light these rash guards feel, they breathe really well and form fit perfectly, it honestly feels like I'm not even wearing a rashguard which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again and I'll try to get some kind of review up after I use them a few times!

Hey, I just received mine and from first glance/try on they're terrific. I ordered two of the short sleeve and they fit great (size: XL, I'm 6'4, 204ibs).

I'll be able to put a better review up later this week hopefully after rolling in them/washing etc.

I also wanted to say thanks for the free t-shirt man, badass ADCC shirt for sure.

Off the cuff the first thing I noticed was how light these rash guards feel, they breathe really well and form fit perfectly, it honestly feels like I'm not even wearing a rashguard which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again and I'll try to get some kind of review up after I use them a few times!

Glad you like them bro. Looking forward to more feedback.

Best,

Nick

got my rashguard today. Can definitely see why you guys were soo excited about these!! Dont know how you guys did it but they look and feel to be an improvement over the your older models which I own 2. I feel they were worth the wait. Prolly gonna hold off until this week's NAGA tourney before wearing it though.

Also thanks for the gift t-shirt. It was a very nice gesture. Wish I could have noted though I like to size down on my shirt. Nevertheless it will find its way into a good home. You guys have a customer for life and I will be on lookout for more of your gear in the future!!

Lastly you had mentioned about including a discount code with rashguard for the upcoming shorts and gi. I look in my package and was not able to locate mine. Will they been sent via email?

Lastly you had mentioned about including a discount code with rashguard for the upcoming shorts and gi. I look in my package and was not able to locate mine. Will they been sent via email?

Hey man, glad you like the rashie and glad to hear they were worth the wait. I thought so as well. We're introducing another version under the PTSi umbrella in the next two months.

There should have been a letter in your package with our letterhead containing the discount code and signed by me - my hand still hurts from signing that huge stack of letters :). If it's not there, shipping didn't slip one in. I'll find the discount code and PM it to you.

Thanks,

Nick

Back