Rupture Rash Guards

lourivellini

White Belt
Reaction score
First off are they loose or compression? From the look of them they look like compression but whats with this picture on their homepage:
frontpage.jpg

maybe hes just wearing one thats way to big for him?

I have been using under Armour compression shirts and for the most part im happy, but I heard that rupture makes really good rash guards so ill give them a try.

If im a L in UA should i get the same size for rupture?

Also has anyone tried the 15%off code that they have for signing up for their newsletter? For me its not working.

If you have a rash guard you like better than rupture please recommend.

The Rupture rashguards are compression fit. That picture is just a stock photo of a guy in a t-shirt with the Rupture logo photoshopped onto it. I don't know why they would use that for their webpage.

Their products are excellent. I can't compare them in sizing to UA since I've never worn UA, but their sizes seem to be true.

Rupture is quality, but my favorite rashguards are from Manto!

so has anyone tried the coupon code for signing up for the newsletter?

worked for me when I ordered their "older" style of RGs..does NOT work with their new line of RGs

i dont think the coupon code is good at all for any product they sell. Maybe they should think about taking that down from their site and also responding to emails.

Well...

I spoke to the CEO via email and he said that the %15 discount would not work on the NEW PTSi rashgaurds when i advised him his discount coupon was not working.

As another topic on this fourm has started i am in the same boat.

I was really hoping that the PTSi rashgaurd would be compression so i could use it at the gym and grappling aswell, the picture above looks like a normal t-shirt

Well...

I spoke to the CEO via email and he said that the %15 discount would not work on the NEW PTSi rashgaurds when i advised him his discount coupon was not working.

I was really hoping that the PTSi rashgaurd would be compression so i could use it at the gym and grappling aswell, the picture above looks like a normal t-shirt

The are compression that is just a bad photo of a t shirt with a photo shopped logo.

Well...

that coupon doesnt work at all though. I tired it for all different products, no dice.

Same here... emailed them about it, and messaged them on these boards.. no response... oh well

Everyone,

Sorry for the late response. We go through a lot of emails and try to get them all - we do miss some from time to time. I'll be as brief as I can and try to cover everything:

The image is just a placeholder. Our website is actually undergoing a complete redesign and apparently our web folks decided it looked good - which, by this forum's consent, seems to be a stupid idea :). We'll remove it this evening. We will carry loose-fit rash guards and performance tees, so the picture is not 100% inaccurate.

The PTSi rash guards are compression fit. The 15OFFRPT does not work on the PTSi items or clearance stuff, so it should work on the shorts. All the PTSi rash guards are sold out at this point.

We will not do another pre-sale again. This was our first and it was a total disaster in terms of logistics and delivery. The reason we released on a pre-sale is because someone copied our sleeve design after it was leaked. The material was 2 weeks late and the black base dye de-saturated to 95% coloration after 35 washes, which is our standard test. I didn't want to put out a product that would fade, so I refused the sample. The white rashies have been shipped. We're waiting to receive the black rashies and we will expedite those as soon as we get them. Even when dealing with US-based suppliers where the quality bar is higher, things happen. However, we're not going through this again. We will not release product for sale until we have it in hand and it's been QA'd by our people. This is the reason why the PTSi shorts are being held so tightly under wraps and preview pics have not been released.

Everyone that pre-ordered the rash guard is getting the 15% off discount as well as free shipping. This is batching as we speak and there is no action required on your end. If you're as mad as I am about the delay and would like a refund, email [email protected] and the refund will be processed automatically. The rashies are totally worth the wait - there really is nothing like them, I just wish the black ones would get here so we can get them into the hands of the folks that ordered them.

Thanks,

Nick

Something else.. how the hell does one get rid of the "Double Yellow" card? I posted a link in one of the posts and got this a month ago.

-Nick

Thanks for the up date and the free shipping and discount.

Patience is a rare thing these days but I am sure they will be worth the wait :icon_chee

Everyone,

We'll remove it this evening. We will carry loose-fit rash guards and performance tees, so the picture is not 100% inaccurate.

The reason we released on a pre-sale is because someone copied our sleeve design after it was leaked. The material was 2 weeks late and the black base dye de-saturated to 95% coloration after 35 washes, which is our standard test. I didn't want to put out a product that would fade, so I refused the sample. The white rashies have been shipped. We're waiting to receive the black rashies and we will expedite those as soon as we get them. Even when dealing with US-based suppliers where the quality bar is higher, things happen. However, we're not going through this again. We will not release product for sale until we have it in hand and it's been QA'd by our people. This is the reason why the PTSi shorts are being held so tightly under wraps and preview pics have not been released.
Nick

Dude so not cool you can't let the cat out of the bag like that and not expect a riot. Loose fit rashguards? WTF!!! Stop taking my monies. Whats the time table on these? 6 months?

And someone stole your sleeve design!!! Those mother effers. They'd best hope I don't stumble across their shitty rip off product.

On top of it all they screwed up the shorts release. I'm dying man I'm dying. Will the shorts at least still come out before the gi or are we seeing the gi first? It's almsot two weeks before August...I'm just sayin.

Okay that is all. Thanks.

Ok cool a GOOD response.
Im very glad you went ahead and tested the product to find any flaws in it before shipping it.
i would of been pissed off if i had received it and it started to fade after 35 washs!
so even if i have to wait a extra week or 2 i dont mind.. just as long as i get it i say!

WAIT, RUPTURE is coming out with GI's?!?!

Yes. And NO pictures or information will be released until we have part of our warehouse stocked with them.

The tentative release date for the gis is sometime in August. They will be made in the US like the rest of our products and they'll be pretty damn awesome - actually, you guys can be the judge as my credibility shrinks with each day that the PTSi rashies are not in the hands of our customers. I'll inform the forum immediately once the gis are available for purchase.

We're actually releasing a lot of new product this year - all performance training gear. I'll have more info on the other products such as shorts, gi, performance tees, etc. as we begin to release them to market.

Cheers,

Nick

Ok cool a GOOD response.
Im very glad you went ahead and tested the product to find any flaws in it before shipping it.
i would of been pissed off if i had received it and it started to fade after 35 washs!
so even if i have to wait a extra week or 2 i dont mind.. just as long as i get it i say!

Thanks for the understanding man, but this should not have happened. I don't think anyone is more upset about this whole thing than we are. Now I know what Apple felt like when they released the coolest phone on the market and the process was fraught with problems. At least our antennae works :).

What we never want (and what will rightfully happen) is customers saying "yea, these guys make excellent products, but they take forever to get to us." We have to do better than this or you guys will eventually go elsewhere. We're going to do much better next time.

Back