Rupture rash guard sizing advice please

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by stayghost, Aug 29, 2010.

1. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

I'm trying to figure out sizing for my first rash guards and wasn't sure about sizing. Although I've read Rupture's sizing chart and reccomendations I'm still a bit confused.

I went to a local store and tried on some Under Armour heat gear rashies to get a general idea. The MEDIUM was a bit loose on my in places and I had to go with SMALL to get a solid skin fit I was looking for for BJJ. Likewise, I saw a review for Rupture rashies online where dude said he was 5'10" and 210lbs and he orders MEDIUM rupture rash guards to fit like "a glove".

All this is made me think I would need a small in Rupture rash guards?

I'm 5'11", 168lbs, 33" waist, 40" chest, relatively lean with some muscle definition.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. CodyD

CodyD Green Belt

I would think that the medium would fit just fine.

3. ruptureclothing

ruptureclothing White Belt

Medium. Some guys like their compression fit shirts really tight. In your case, medium would work just fine.

As an aside, our website is undergoing a pretty major facelift. There are some things out of whack but the ordering system works. Please pardon any dust you may encounter the next week or so.

Best,

Nick

4. Mumrik

Mumrik Silver Belt

Always order up if you're in doubt regarding a rashguard. They're elastic enough that they still should fit rather tight if they're a size too big and some people even prefer them like that.

5. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

thanks for the replies

unfortunately I had already ordered the product and they arrived SMALLS

Nick - I sent an email to [email protected] regarding a possible exchange

thx

6. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

two questions:

1) small or medium for a guy that's 5'8" and 150 ish?
    2) you mentioned new logo designs for the PTSi rashies soon, are those gonna release with the update of the site? if not, when?

7. ruptureclothing

To the OP - I haven't seen the email but I'm certain one of our folks will take care of you. Please PM me if you don't get a response and I'll make sure you get taken care of.

to dat1978 - man, you're right in between. You'd be happy with either or depending on how you like the fit. If you want tight compression go with small, if you don't mind just a bit of slack go with medium.

We are releasing new designs in the PTSi series, but they won't come until the latter part of this year. We have the PTSi shorts on deck and we are pressing very hard to release the gi's. These designs have done very well so we will do another round at least.

Best,

Nick

8. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

man tell me about it! i am always right in between and it makes getting clothing very difficult online. it all depends on the brand on which size i get. i'm shopping for a new waterproof hiking jacket right now and running into the same issues. in fact, i also ordered some new tees from mmawarehouse and as usual i ordered both sizes and have to send one size back. its pretty annoying.

i'm still hoping to get one of the RG's with the gray panel, but you guys still show you are sold out so i'll just keep waiting. i want one of each color except white.

9. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

Nick - sent you a PM

thx

10. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

Nick -

Wondering if you could help me with reaching your customer service team. I've been having bad luck trying to reach out on this. For some reason my requests must not be getting through as I've not heard anything back. Emailed [email protected] twice, sent 2 PM's, and sent in the request directly via the contact form on the website. Maybe I'm ending up in a spam filter?

Would there happen to be a CS phone line I can call that you could PM or email to me at stayghost @ gmail ?

Please let me know.
    Thanks

11. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

Still no response - this may have been lost in the cracks?

12. CodyD

CodyD Green Belt

Rupture is online right now, so you should get a response shortly.

13. ruptureclothing

Stayghost, we sent you an email a while back and I got your PM's. Sorry for the late response to your PM's, I've been on vacation on the Oregon Coast and away from civilization :).

We'd be happy to process the exchange for you. I'll PM you the RMA address.

Best,

Nick

14. ruptureclothing

... and sent. I'm also seeing that we sent a couple of emails to your Hotmail account bro, latest on Sep. 13th. Wonder if any got through. At any rate, you should have a PM with everything you need.

Cheers,

Nick

15. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

the junk mail filter probably struck again.

16. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

Thanks Nick,

All set now - I got your PM and will mail back the rashies along with our correspondence.

A search of my Hotmail account shows no emails made it through to my inbox, spam filter or accidentally deleted. Probably something quirky with hotmail's mail server. That's what I get for using a free web based email.

Thanks again for the help. Looking forward to rolling and putting my gym onto your brand!

17. stayghost

stayghost White Belt

Hi Nick - sent you a PM for when you get a chance. Still waiting on that return and wondered if I could call a CS number to track it down.

Thanks