running with backpack w/ weights?

DeltaSigChi4 said:
The United States ARMY called and they said they disagree, respectfully.

E

i bet the army says that pushups in the mud will give you a big bench too, right? right.

considering that the physical challenges in the service arent meant to promote fitness so much as mental toughness, what the army does hardly has any relevance to what an athlete or fighter should pursue, especially for explosiveness in this case.

carped33z said:
i bet the army says that pushups in the mud will give you a big bench too, right? right.

considering that the physical challenges in the service arent meant to promote fitness so much as mental toughness, what the army does hardly has any relevance to what an athlete or fighter should pursue, especially for explosiveness in this case.

Big bench? You think the United States ARMY gives a fuck about my/your/anyone's bench? Don't make ASSinine analogies - it makes you look stupid before Delta can even reply.

Rucking as a whole is to pursue "mental toughness, and hardly has any relevance" ...

HA. How about no. Carry on.

E

DeltaSigChi4 said:
The United States ARMY called and they said they disagree, respectfully.

E
I bet they didn't really call.

Did they?

And yeah, rucking a 100lb weight around is going to test your mental toughness, but it's also going to break you down physically, and if you have fight training or any ambition to keep your joints in a usable condition you'll find another method of loading your runs. and the physical conditioning present in the army could be considered one of the most antiquated routines in regular use today.

Now everyone with a shaved head and fatigues is going to say, "OH YEAH?! WELL IT GETS THE FUCKING JOB DONE DOESN'T IT?! WHAT FUCKING RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO CRITICISE?" and they'd be right, but you can't really argue with me. Making everyone do the same routine and expecting them all to respond in a beneficial and similar manner is simply stupid. and while having a big bench isn't specific to the demands of the armed forces, I don't think the routine currently employed is either. and it certainly isn't specific to the needs of a fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back