Orange Belt
Reaction score
HI
Im looking for some running shoes for flat footed people like myself
any suggestions?.

HI
Im looking for some running shoes for flat footed people like myself
any suggestions?.

your best bet is to go try on a bunch of shoes to see which is best for you. you may even need to see Orthotic shoes made for you, for the best fit and feel.

your best bet is to go try on a bunch of shoes to see which is best for you. you may even need to see Orthotic shoes made for you, for the best fit and feel.

is it as pricey as it sounds?

is it as pricey as it sounds?

I dont need them, but from what I have heard Orthotic's in general have come down a lot in price, but of course a custom shoe will cost a little more than a shoe on the shelf, however it will fit like a glove and if you take care of them they will last a while.

I dont need them, but from what I have heard Orthotic's in general have come down a lot in price, but of course a custom shoe will cost a little more than a shoe on the shelf, however it will fit like a glove and if you take care of them they will last a while.

intriguing
do you know any sites that offer this service

im sure the fivefingers are good but i dont think i could bring myself to wear them

A nice medium between the Vibrams and normal running shoes is a racing flat. It still redirects your point of impact to the mid/fore foot area (as opposed to heel-striking), but doesn't look like you're wearing doofy socks (no offense to the Vibram wearers out there lol).

For instance:

Saucony Grid Type A4 Review

My friend has had problems with flat feet and various foot injuries and was really skeptical of Vibrams, but after trying them he loves them. I was asked the same question by him when he saw me in my Vibrams, and doing some googling, theres quite a few testimonials of people with flat feet developing arches in their feet. Take it for what you will.

Meh, you're going running man. Who cares? It's not like you're going to a wedding.

Agreed. I have flat feet and the vibrams are perfect. You know as well as I do sole supports are a bad idea. I've bought $300 orthopedics and all they did was make the pains worse.

Vibrams allow you to stay on the balls of your feet. And by allowing your calves to asborb the shock instead of your heels and lower back, you're doing yourself a favor.

Ever seen "What Women Want?" Mel Gibson makes the pitch to Nike by saying, "the road doesn't care what you wear, as long as you pay it a visit." Don't worry about your lipstick and makeup, dude, just hit the road. I Google'd this for you (Nike Presentation Speech, What Women Want, Mel Gibson, Nick Marshall, Sound Bite)
because there's nothing more inspiring than an anti-semetic telling you how to exercise.

Speaking of, letting insecurity fuel your decisions is a pretty lame way to live life. You're on an MMA forum where people get hit for fun. Being afraid of what shoes you wear to run in and what people might say is pretty revealing of character.

Tucson is one of the largest dealers of Vibrams and holds a "favoritism" account with Vibram, meaning they get choice stock. And Tucson can't even keep the shoes on the shelves. Point being? That fashion sense is all relative state-by-state, city-to-city, person-to-person. And if that's the case then you should just worry about you.

You're a grown ass man with flat feet. Do yourself a favor and get the Vibrams. They'll hurt at first, but you'll have better calve strength in the long run (no pun).

This post may seem harsh, but you're denying yourself a better being all because you're most likely "too many mind" about what people will say.

New balance running shoes are great, mine were a little uncomfortable for the first week or so but I looove em now (I have flat feet too btw).

I have flat feet and the best running shoes I have ever bought are the brooks beast.
Yeah they're expensive but you can usually get an old model for around 65 if you search the net.

I have flat feet and the best running shoes I have ever bought are the brooks beast.
Yeah they're expensive but you can usually get an old model for around 65 if you search the net.

Yep another vote for the beast. I have severe overpronation, and have never been able to run more than a few hundred feet before I got the brooks beast.

DEFINITELY love my Vibram Five Fingers Bikila for running!

for YEARS i have tried ALL KINDS of the "high end" running shoes. you know, those shoes with mega support and stuff? and all that cushion?

Humans were MEANT to run barefoot!

With all these "shoes" and support, they changed the way we walk and run, by landing on our heels (which is bad in every way possible).

I used to be flatfooted, but after a few months of running in the Vibrams, I now have an arch!

Same goes to my brother and cousins.

Get them. Mother nature intended for us to run/walk barefoot or barefoot-simulated aka minimalist shoes.

Back