running does not

Just some food for thought.

Low cardio shows a preference for using FFA's for fuel rather than glucose. High intensity exercise OTOH is heavily dependent on glucose.

Carry on

Ok, but what about EPOC?

Ok, but what about EPOC?

440px-Apocalypse_(House_of_M)_Head.jpg

?

:icon_chee

Ian, you fucking noob, that's APOCalypse.

Missus:

EPOC = Excess Postexercise Oxygen Consumption

Ok, but what about EPOC?

There's a lot of debate whether EPOC does anything at all. At this point, no one really understands the mechanisms involved with why HIIT shreds bodyfat without loss of muscle. Does the 'why' really matter if you get the results?

To some it matters. I have my own reasoning, but nothing concrete.

I know what EPOC is; I'm EPOCing right now
(lol), but I didn't know Lenny Kravitz was an expert on it, even if he is shredded.

:icon_chee
lennykravitz12xm6.jpg

Good article, though, I'm going to store that one away for when I get the :eek: Deer-In-The-Headlights look at the firehall when I'm explaining it. I only brought it up because I thought you were dismissing HIIT for fat loss based on your posts.

Speaking of HIIT, the shiny, new, brutally expensive treadmills we just bought for all the firehalls only go to 11mph. WTF?

No, not discussing HIIT by any means. I find it to be highly effective.

Slower amount on the treadmill just means up the interval length of time, and throw it on a incline at 11, most will puke

No, not discussing HIIT by any means. I find it to be highly effective.

I think you mean dismissing.

Slower amount on the treadmill just means up the interval length of time, and throw it on a incline at 11, most will puke

There's an issue with the treadmill creeping forward due to the surface it's on, so it has to be at zero till a solution is found. 11mph at 4% grade would make me blow chunks, I'm sure of it, though.

erco said:
800m intervals...

LOL fuck that. 400m is painful enough.

seriously. 400-800 sucks...

I have a 1200m bit near me

I keep putting off marking out 400m and 800m on it

I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon

When my knees better

*cough*

Ya I meant dismissing.

Kind of like you complaining about the treadmills then "dismissing" our ideas.

What I was saying is Science and studies say LSD for fat loss etc. For me and people i have trained I have found a combination of the two and weight training etc, to work better than any one type of cardio along with the weights.

Alright here is my quick thoughts on this and I may be off base but here it is.

Running logically makes sense for boxing it strengthens your legs and in boxing you are always on your feet so between running and your boxing drills you have a good base of cardio that is sport specific.

Now when you add MMA to the element I think that it is a different story in a MMA fight when you are defending the takedown, or looking for a sweep on the ground, or breaking your opponent down, or try to stand up after being taken down, or clinch work, I think those are more along the lines of your anearobic system so I think that burpees and Ross's style of conditioning has a good carryover.

That's just my opinion and I am open to it being shredded apart but to me it makes sense :icon_chee

Alright here is my quick thoughts on this and I may be off base but here it is.

Running logically makes sense for boxing it strengthens your legs and in boxing you are always on your feet so between running and your boxing drills you have a good base of cardio that is sport specific.

Now when you add MMA to the element I think that it is a different story in a MMA fight when you are defending the takedown, or looking for a sweep on the ground, or breaking your opponent down, or try to stand up after being taken down, or clinch work, I think those are more along the lines of your anearobic system so I think that burpees and Ross's style of conditioning has a good carryover.

That's just my opinion and I am open to it being shredded apart but to me it makes sense :icon_chee

I'd agree with that. I still think LSD is good for MMA as well, but there is a strength component that is more important in MMA than boxing.

Ya I meant dismissing.

Kind of like you complaining about the treadmills then "dismissing" our ideas.

What I was saying is Science and studies say LSD for fat loss etc. For me and people i have trained I have found a combination of the two and weight training etc, to work better than any one type of cardio along with the weights.

I'd like to see the studies that say LSD is superior to fat loss when compared to HIIT. All the studies I've seen comparing the two support our belief that HIIT blows it out of the water.

Ummmm they are in this thread man. Page 4

Back