Rumour - Silents Hills/Kojima back on and Bluepoint deep into Metal Gear Solid 1 remake

I don't understand remaking 3 before 1. It still holds up well enough and you can crank the resolution up to 4k on PC.

I don't understand remaking 3 before 1. It still holds up well enough and you can crank the resolution up to 4k on PC.

It's canonically the first game timeline wise isnt' it, maybe they could be doing timeline order

It's canonically the first game timeline wise isnt' it, maybe they could be doing timeline order
NES Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 came first. Both these could be good if redone using modern engines.

NES Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 came first. Both these could be good if redone using modern engines.

Actual release date yes...

But story wise 3 takes place in 1964 , those NES games take place in 1995 and 1999

I wonder how they would pull off the Psycho Mantis trick using today's tech. That was one of the coolest things to happen in gaming history. Mind blowing.

I remember when I got my hands on it. My cousin wanted to play so bad but we only had one PS so we traded off levels. I even bought the strategy guide later on down the line. Ranks up there with one of the best guides I've ever purchased. I think it was almost 200 pages iirc.

Also according to the PS Store listing it also supposedly comes with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

I'm assuming they're straight ports of the collection, so MG and MG2 will come with MGS3 as an "extra".

Super interested in the Snake Eater remake (what a great fucking game!), mildly interested in the collection at the right price.
What exactly would you remake about it? I remember controls and camera were good as is.

I think a new game using the story of the original Metal Gear could have been cool, Sutherland could have voiced "Big Boss" and Hayter could have been Snake.

I will probably play the Snake Eater remake but dont get it was chosen over MGS1 or making MGS6 for that matter.

I don't know how I feel about any of this without Kojima being involved with the series anymore. They just plan to remake a bunch of games and that's it? Sounds kind of boring to be honest. Konami coming back just to remake everything. I really don't like this trend.

If the rumors are true about Castlevania's revival I pray that it is actually a new title in the works.

They should remake the GBC MGS instead.

<VinceCa$h>

What exactly would you remake about it? I remember controls and camera were good as is.

maxresdefault.jpg

Basically turn it into a modern looking game haha

I wonder how they would pull off the Psycho Mantis trick using today's tech. That was one of the coolest things to happen in gaming history. Mind blowing.

I remember when I got my hands on it. My cousin wanted to play so bad but we only had one PS so we traded off levels. I even bought the strategy guide later on down the line. Ranks up there with one of the best guides I've ever purchased. I think it was almost 200 pages iirc.

With the potential they showed with astros playroom they could do amazing things with psycho mantis and the ps5 controller. One of the greatest boss battles of all time IMO.

So is MGS1 not being remade? Guess it’ll be like the movie and be in purgatory forever.

So is MGS1 not being remade? Guess it’ll be like the movie and be in purgatory forever.

As of now, no.
But MGS1 already had a remake. 2004's Gamecube exclusive 'Twin Snakes.'
Which I'd say the #1 example of how NOT to do a remake.

So, for whomever is making this MGS3 remake it'll be an interesting trial run to see how they'd do more MGS games.

And I'm not even for them immediately going from making this MGS3 remake to MGS1. If its good, any not remake the original Metal Gear?

As of now, no.
But MGS1 already had a remake. 2004's Gamecube exclusive 'Twin Snakes.'
Which I'd say the #1 example of how NOT to do a remake.

So, for whomever is making this MGS3 remake it'll be an interesting trial run to see how they'd do more MGS games.

And I'm not even for them immediately going from making this MGS3 remake to MGS1. If its good, any not remake the original Metal Gear?
I played the Twin Snakes, not the worse thing ever, but the voice acting really brought it down a notch. I could stomach the over the top cut scenes. I think the comment was already made with the level design not aligning with the updated gameplay mechanics and camera. Wasted opportunity.

Back