Rumour - Silents Hills/Kojima back on and Bluepoint deep into Metal Gear Solid 1 remake

Been listening to the MGS OST on YouTube while at work and man what great atmospheric music that game has. Some of the best ever.

I bought a lot of MGS V songs on iTunes. Sins of the Father from one of the early trailers was good.

GOAT main menu theme, and there ain't a close 2nd.

It's damn iconic, but nothing beats DS3's menu theme. It just pumps you up for the battles to come.

The best is that when you "press any button" the volume gets louder. It's like an extra shot of caffeine

Code Vein is up there too

Outer World's in magic

Anyway, not to derail thread. I hope a true remaster comes out!

There are lot's of rumours of Konami licensing out their IP's, and perhaps doing their own in house again.

I'd love to see a new/proper Castlevania game (Symphony of the night remaster too) and a Silent Hills 1&2 remaster. The Evil Within 2 felt like an RE/Silent Hills 1 mashup

Last edited:
I just want to play more MGS games using the MGS V engine and with a decent story and characters and music.

They've stopped using that engine and switched to Unreal Engine now. Fox was only used for MGS V and Survive, PT and all the PES games from 2013-2021.

Kinda funny that a Kojima Productions developed engine only got used on one full game and a demo by KP and then pretty much became a soccer game engine after (apart from MGS Survive).

I just want to play more MGS games using the MGS V engine and with a decent story and characters and music.

That's a whole 'nother subject about MGS5.

As far as the gameplay mechanics, controls, and graphics it was awesome.

The story, boss battles, open world (with the exception of a few areas), repetitive mission variety, and the the plot twist? What the fuck.

We could make a wishlist for what we'd want in a MGS remake using the Fox Engine, but all the good to great ideas would set our expectations far too high.

That's a whole 'nother subject about MGS5.

As far as the gameplay mechanics, controls, and graphics it was awesome.

The story, boss battles, open world (with the exception of a few areas), repetitive mission variety, and the the plot twist? What the fuck.

We could make a wishlist for what we'd want in a MGS remake using the Fox Engine, but all the good to great ideas would set our expectations far too high.
You can actually sprint from one side of the Africa map to the other in a couple of minutes which actually makes it feel smaller than the map in MG1. If they are going to do an open world again, then they need to make it similar to Grand Theft Auto with living cities where Venom Snake can either be feared by the civilian population or loved by the civilian population. Have the enemy do more than just guard posts. Have snipers, and guys camouflaged into the Jungle waiting to ambush you. Have anti helicopter batteries around. Make the home base more interactive, such as having a 1980s arcade in it, or a movie theater, or a place to play bowling ball, or have a bar like a lot of military bases have. Have a basketball court for the troops to play in. Have a gym for Venom Snake to work out in to make him faster and stronger when he does ops. Or maybe take Quite out to a date by taking her for a walk around base. MGS5 could of been so much better. Also, they should of gave Venom Snake the option to salute back to his troops. How could they leave that out!?

Last edited:
Well its been a while, so its time for another 'MGS1 is being remade' rumor.

I dont know what to think about this. Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games of all time but I have a hard time imagining what they could do to really make a remake worthwhile. It's significantly older than Shadow of the Colossus or Demon Souls and would require a lot more than graphical upgrades. Also, MGS5 in the Fox engine was fantastic but I believe that's Konami property now so whatever engine they use is going to have to compare to that.

Just please bring back David Hayter.
I think for both those games they had to use entirely new engines anyways. I am not really sure that MGS would be any hard to remake than those two, given that.

aaaaand I just realized this thread is 2 years old lol

Anyone else see recently something about MGS 1-3 remaster for PS5? It mentioned no MGS4 due to PS3 screwiness.

media%2FFw65y7wWIAIlNL6.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else see recently something about MGS 1-3 remaster for PS5? It mentioned no MGS4 due to PS3 screwiness.

media%2FFw65y7wWIAIlNL6.jpg

Begs the question how MGS1, a PS1 game on the verge of its 25th anniversary, could be 'remastered' for the PS5.

Super interested in the Snake Eater remake (what a great fucking game!), mildly interested in the collection at the right price.

If it's not an improvement over the PS3 HD collection, I'm not buying.

The MGS1 camera and controls are not so good.

Back