Rumour: Next Far Cry game to be set in the Wild West

Problem with that is then it becomes call of Ubi. I have some faith still but if I gotta climb one radio tower in this one I'm out lol

no it might be a god damn pasture windmill or some stupid shit church tower bell. that will make me so angry

no it might be a god damn pasture windmill or some stupid shit church tower bell. that will make me so angry
God I hope it isn't.

I was super looking forward to Wildlands but even that game is very similar to all the other shit they've released recently.

Honestly Ubisoft used to be one of my favorite publishers/companies right up there with BioWare, Bungie, and R*. Now all but R* imo are floundering.

That's because R* takes their time and doesn't milk shit year after year. They're the GOAT dev, even State of Emergency was the shit IMO. I'd rather have one grand slam every five years than a heap of shit every year. If Bethesda got their shit together with bug control they'd be up there too.

That's why I support Nintendo - they may have developed Zelda for an ungodly amount of years but hot damn was it worth it. I want quality, not quantity.

It feels like a complete "fuck middle America is backward racist bible thumping blowhards" vibe to it.

Fucking French Canadians.

The funny thing about that cover is that the characters don't even look right. They look like hipsters cosplaying as backward racist bible thumping blowhards, "ironically".

Sounds like church bells will be the new radio towers. Just what we wanted!

It's a pretty strange place for a Far Cry setting. The baddies were able to thrive in previous games because they were pretty much off the grid or ran that shit. Kick up a storm in Montana you'd have the army and government agencies bukkaking all over you. Still, i do like the idea of a religious cult and the potential for another zany bad guy.

Interesting. I'm getting the impression it will have multiple protagonists.

It's got such a GTA Napoleonic complex if it does.

Based on that trailer I don't think I'll get it until some point after release.

I'm betting it'll be more like the entire game will be co-op, if you so choose, where FC3 and 4 were very limited co-op wise. It's been reported recently that Ubisoft is going to draw away from narrative focus in their games so I don't think there will be any actual specific protagonist. Which I'm fine with because they can't tell a story to save their lives.

It's been reported recently that Ubisoft is going to draw away from narrative focus in their games
Isn't a new AC dropping this year though or at least being announced at e3?

Yep, but you never know - they may take the same approach there too.
I honestly can't see how but AC kinda lost me after Black Flag. I loved Black Flag but after that they completely fucked an awesome period of history with Unity and I never gave Syndicate much of a chance

Character creation it would seem,

https://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/538703/Far Cry 5 - First Look/

There is still very much a humorous undertone to proceedings in Far Cry 5, but it's closer to the bone than the exotic adventures of Jason Brody or Ajay Ghale. And that's another thing different from the kick off; instead of stepping into the shoes of pre-made, wise-cracking protagonists, the guy you play in Far Cry 5 is, well, you. A character creation and editing mode allows you to look the way you want to, or as close as you can get.

Based on the Teaser today with the massive propane tank outside the church and power lines this is at minimum taking place in the 70s. It's in Montana too and I really REALLY hope Ubisoft doesn't try to get all political and act like people in Montana are backward hillbilly rednecks.

Oh its got some political christian militia cult undertones

The speech in that video reminds me of Bray Wyatts speech in the very first Wyatt Family intro video
Hope it turns out better than the Wyatt family did

It's gonna suck. Ubisoft CC sucks.

Oh its got some political christian militia cult undertones
Yeah, and I don't really trust anyone other than Rockstar to pull of a political point in games. I have a feeling Ubisoft is going to be way overly like a hammer about this. Just look at the goddamn haircuts they gave the bad guys with those douchey undercuts because of those fucking HuffPo articles saying that has ties to Nazism... I HAVE NEVER SEEN RACIST HICKS WITH THAT HAIRCUT IN MY LIFE as they probably all view it as fucking homosexual.

I dug the trailer actually.. really interested to see some more.

Back