*Rumour* New Xbox One discless console coming in 2019

I thought you could take anything back to Walmart?

I haven’t tried but I’m pretty sure you could buy a turkey, cook it , eat half of it and bring it back to Walmart.

They’ll take anything back it seems.

I used to have a crazy triffling g/f years back that kept boxes and receipts for EVERYTHING

She brought her 5 yr old coffee pot back and returned it for a new one when it broke.

I couldn’t beleive it.

This was a decade ago so maybe they’ve changed but it used to astound me the shit she would take back there.

I’ve seen people that annoy you bringing back expired food at my local Walmart.

Crazy

They are generous on returns but it's different with discs. CD's, DVD's, Games. If it's already been opened and used then I'm pretty sure they won't take it back.

They are generous on returns but it's different with discs. CD's, DVD's, Games. If it's already been opened and used then I'm pretty sure they won't take it back.

Where I live you get 2 weeks to take anything back to the store no questions asked, even games. They'll also sell you like a 2 year disc protection for like 5 bucks or so and you send away and get a wal mart card for the price of the game or some shit too.

I bought a laptop from there years ago and it got fucked up a week later cuz of my drunk retarded roommate and I took it back got my money back no questions asked.

Walmart is the GOAT when it comes to returns

Where I live you get 2 weeks to take anything back to the store no questions asked, even games. They'll also sell you like a 2 year disc protection for like 5 bucks or so and you send away and get a wal mart card for the price of the game or some shit too.

I bought a laptop from there years ago and it got fucked up a week later cuz of my drunk retarded roommate and I took it back got my money back no questions asked.

Sorry bud, but Amazon is the GOAT when it comes to returns.

Literally all lies. Walmart and other companies have a no return policy on opened games. They will either replace the game or give you in store credit.

Nice try though lol

Personally I couldn't care less for physical media anymore. For years now I only buy games digitally (Xbone) and it beats the hell out of shuffling through a ton of disc holders trying to find a particular game. Digital never decays or gets scratched and it just makes life easier. My Xbone has a 500GB internal hard drive and at any given time I have about 30-40 games depending on size. Halo : MCC and Titanfall 2 were fucking huge...over 100GB each so I erase them when I'm finished playing them for a while and download them when I get a hankering to play them again.

Literally all lies. Walmart and other companies have a no return policy on opened games. They will either replace the game or give you in store credit.

Nice try though lol

No need to be a dick you're right about that I remember one of my buddies taking Destiny back tho he made a big.deal about how it wasn't the game he was promised and wanted his money Back and they took it lol literally hours after he bought it tho dunno if they gave him his money or store credit tho

Nice try though lol

I'm pretty confident they won't even do that (at my Walmarts anyway).

Sometimes I wish digital was a thing back in the X360 and even the OG XBox days. Now that we have retrocombatibility, I can't play a shit ton of games I owned only the disc. Last example is Final Fantasy XIII series. At least it's cheap now.

Any particular reason why?

I personally don’t like the clutter anymore and like having only my external HD as opposed to 3 boxes of games I can’t sell.

That, and I very much enjoy not dealing with visiting the store or waiting in Amazon.
I like the ownership aspect. It’s not something I’m super paranoid about but that physical copy is mine. It’s not a license that can be revoked. I also like getting some of the collector editions that still come with physical copies.

The RDR2 steelbook is sexy as hell and came with some cool extras.

Buying digitally just feels so hollow to me, though I do recognize the convenience. Which to me is the only real advantage.

Last edited:
I almost exclusively buy physical copies and would prefer the option to either sell games when I'm done or keep them to collect them.

If one system offers a disk option and the other doesn't I will buy the one with disks.

How are scratched discs even a real problem? The only time I've ever had to deal with scratched discs is due to my little brothers handling them carelessly as children; is it really that common for grown adults to be just grabbing and chucking their discs around like frisbees?

I get this entirely, i dont think i have a scratched disc in more than 20 years, or not a minor scratch that would affect the disc.

I think the problem is more down to the crappy optical drives they are using these days, and the fact that they cant cope with 40hours of gameplay, and constant reading of a disc that may be the bigger issue.

In my home, i have 2 Xbox Ones, a PS4, a switch and a gaming PC, the only ones that arent causing a problem right now are the machines that dont have optical drives in them(the Switch and the PC).

I have a box of about 90 Xbox One games, that are useless now, not because they are scratched, just because the optical gave out on the consoles a long time ago.

I stay away from all disc based content now, the discs arent the problem, the hardware is

who would need a disk drive when they dont have games to put on discs anyways?

I just recently went digital on PS4/XB1. I fought it forever but it just doesn't make sense anymore. I sold all of my physical games and used the money to buy digital copies.

My logic was I liked owning the physical disc and years from now when the consoles are dead, I could still play those games. In reality, that's just not true. The PS4/XB1 are so dependent on internet that they are already almost digital consoles. Every game you get is pretty much a beta and requires day one patches and constant updates. Not to mention, every video game requires it to be fully installed from disc. The disc is only an installation disc at this point and then you have the inconvenience of having to put it in your system every time you want to play.

One issue I do still have is that console hardware changes. With PCs, I could buy a game on Steam and then over the next 10 years, build 10 different PCs all with radically different hardware and my game will transfer over and work. With consoles, my PS3 games don't work on my PS4. Imagine if I had to leave my old PC up and running to play certain games I bought on Steam with it. That's what consoles do.

I do think going forward though, consoles are going to be like Steam and the PS5 and XB will be fully backwards compatible with your digital games.

I still fully support physical movies (Blu-ray/4K UHD) because they aren't tied to a specific machine and plus, you are getting the best quality of the movie possible. With games, the digital and physical versions of games are exactly the same. Unless you have slow internet, restrictive bandwidth caps or like to sell games once you are done with them, I can't see a reason to stick with physical sadly.

I just recently went digital on PS4/XB1. I fought it forever but it just doesn't make sense anymore. I sold all of my physical games and used the money to buy digital copies.

My logic was I liked owning the physical disc and years from now when the consoles are dead, I could still play those games. In reality, that's just not true. The PS4/XB1 are so dependent on internet that they are already almost digital consoles. Every game you get is pretty much a beta and requires day one patches and constant updates. Not to mention, every video game requires it to be fully installed from disc. The disc is only an installation disc at this point and then you have the inconvenience of having to put it in your system every time you want to play.

One issue I do still have is that console hardware changes. With PCs, I could buy a game on Steam and then over the next 10 years, build 10 different PCs all with radically different hardware and my game will transfer over and work. With consoles, my PS3 games don't work on my PS4. Imagine if I had to leave my old PC up and running to play certain games I bought on Steam with it. That's what consoles do.

I do think going forward though, consoles are going to be like Steam and the PS5 and XB will be fully backwards compatible with your digital games.

I still fully support physical movies (Blu-ray/4K UHD) because they aren't tied to a specific machine and plus, you are getting the best quality of the movie possible. With games, the digital and physical versions of games are exactly the same. Unless you have slow internet, restrictive bandwidth caps or like to sell games once you are done with them, I can't see a reason to stick with physical sadly.
Yes and no

Take an old floppy game and try and run it on your current pc, it just won’t without a lot of hacks and I some cases a virtual machine running 98 or a Dos box etc. and sometimes still no.

People are currently restoring old ass hardware to run older games properly.

Now if you had stayed with Xbox system depending on the games they might be backward cap

The only reason I would ever buy an xbox is so that I can take a dump in it and then return it for a refund

Back