Rumors of Gaethje considering retirement?

TripTictonic

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
466FA0F8-6200-4DB0-A436-5BFF3A18FA4A.jpeg 04EAEF27-95C0-4278-BFE0-3385325D064D.jpeg First of all, there is nothing concrete about any of this, but I came across this on Twitter. Leaked Twitter DM’s from a random fan with one of Gaethje’s training partners/pro fighter that trains at Elevation. Says Gaethje is frustrated because he can’t get the fights he wants, the Khabib loss weighing on him, etc. Supposedly has discussed retirement? Honestly could be nothing, but still interesting….

I can see how that loss would effect him. All his prior losses he at least made the fight competitive and had significant moments, against Khabib he looked like a fish out of water once it hit the mat.

Only he knows when to get out. He's taken many a punch to the dome and has never 'not delivered' I'll watch him until he stops. One of my all time favorites.

Gaijthe went from one of my favourite fighters to being a bit of a sook. I get that big losses can haunt fighters, especially title fights, but he has pissed and moaned constantly on top of being bummed out.

Threatening to retire if Conor got a title shot if he beat Poirier, posting snippets of a few punches and leg kicks he landed on Khabib (in a fight he has nothing to be proud of..) demanding an immediate title shot once Khabib vacated...dude, Poirier got right back on the horse and wiped out 2 top 5 guys after losing to Khabib. Oliviera racked up 8 wins. What's he done?

He really thought he was entitled to getting a shot at the vacant belt when he just got embarrassed beyond belief by Khabib and has refused to take a fight since.

His best bet would have been to spend 5 hours a day doing BJJ to work on this gaping hole that has been exposed in his game, then take a return fight against ANYONE in the division to stay relevant. LW is still the most stacked division, and he has only one top 5 win in the UFC...and the Tony win doesn't really mean much these days.

He always seemed like such a down to earth guy who grinded in the gym, goes to war against anyone and is dedicated to working his way to the top. Now he just whines and reeks of entitlement, when in reality he got a pretty favourable run to the belt and nosedived harder than anyone.

I still love watching him fight, but I didn't realise he was such a sook.

Didn't Gaethje say that he only trains wrestling and grappling a couple of hours per week, even during camp? If so, he should probably retire.

Looks like a shitty teammate posting Justins private feelings to just anyone that asks

obviously. I think gaetje has 1 fight on his contract so as the ufc does historically will give him a lower name where there is nothing to gain who is the worst matchup possible.

and then the ufc brass will say gaetje just isn’t a fighter. I don’t know what’s going on. He doesn’t want to fight.

If Gaethje has the money he should save what brain cells he has left and get out.

yeah. Alway a great idea to retire at 32. When you’re everything you know if fighting in a cage.

I’m sure he’s worth 10s millions. Right? Or what should he retire on at early 30s

ahiuld he fight for large amounts of money or learn to change tires at autozone and do that until hes 65.

how old are you lol

obviously. I think gaetje has 1 fight on his contract so as the ufc does historically will give him a lower name where there is nothing to gain who is the worst matchup possible.

and then the ufc brass will say gaetje just isn’t a fighter. I don’t know what’s going on. He doesn’t want to fight.
To be fair, they'd do that no matter what

Gaijthe went from one of my favourite fighters to being a bit of a sook. I get that big losses can haunt fighters, especially title fights, but he has pissed and moaned constantly on top of being bummed out.

Threatening to retire if Conor got a title shot if he beat Poirier, posting snippets of a few punches and leg kicks he landed on Khabib (in a fight he has nothing to be proud of..) demanding an immediate title shot once Khabib vacated...dude, Poirier got right back on the horse and wiped out 2 top 5 guys after losing to Khabib. Oliviera racked up 8 wins. What's he done?

He really thought he was entitled to getting a shot at the vacant belt when he just got embarrassed beyond belief by Khabib and has refused to take a fight since.

His best bet would have been to spend 5 hours a day doing BJJ to work on this gaping hole that has been exposed in his game, then take a return fight against ANYONE in the division to stay relevant. LW is still the most stacked division, and he has only one top 5 win in the UFC...and the Tony win doesn't really mean much these days.

He always seemed like such a down to earth guy who grinded in the gym, goes to war against anyone and is dedicated to working his way to the top. Now he just whines and reeks of entitlement, when in reality he got a pretty favourable run to the belt and nosedived harder than anyone.

I still love watching him fight, but I didn't realise he was such a sook.

I think his frustrated his the odd man out in the division. Everyone has dance partners and clear ways forward but him. He was involved in some neg. where he was the backup choice and I am sure he was furious at that after being the most entertaining fighter in the division. Personally I think his way more entertaining than any of the other top fighters including Conor and Khabib.

I actually wouldn't mind Justin getting a title shot but Chandler if the fight to make. Those two will make fireworks and the winner can get a title shot.

yeah. Alway a great idea to retire at 32. When you’re everything you know if fighting in a cage.

I’m sure he’s worth 10s millions. Right? Or what should he retire on at early 30s

ahiuld he fight for large amounts of money or learn to change tires at autozone and do that until hes 65.

how old are you lol
English only, please.

And there you have it, everybody. Concrete evidence that Gaethje is ducking me. He doesn't want any of this smoke. I've been trying to get him to sign on the dotted line to fight me for months and he keeps refusing like the low down yellow-bellied coward he is. It's almost as if he's pretending he doesn't even know I exist or something.

Back