RUMOR: UFC interested in doing Chael Sonnen vs. Nick Diaz at 185, possibly at UFC 205 at MSG

bJCTWf2.gif

I called this... but it's not confirmed, so I can't gloat yet.

Odd matchup. Now is the perfect time for Lawler vs Diaz 2. Now theres a fight worth watching

Even a trolling sherdogger, both drunk on Colt 45 and high on PCP, couldnt come up with such a stupid matchup. What a fucking waste.
How is it a stupid matchup? This is literally the best option for Chael right now, probably for Nick too.

Thats fucking nuts if true. Got Chael with the UD.

Chael would dominate him and the Nick would rage-quit. I want to see it happen just to see Diaz's fan cry after. I like Nick as a fighter but his fans are insufferable.

Chael would spent the build up doing all the talking, then Nick would talk for the entire fight.

I'm sure they'll be friends afterwards too unless Nick got salty.
I agree
That's why I don't want this fight

It wouldn't have a funny and crazy build up that Nick's or Chael's fights usually have, it would be respectful

one of the worst matchups I've heard. Also nick complains about wrestlers and he's trying to take a fight against someone who pretty much just has wrestling?

Wonderboy vs. Diaz seems like a cool fight to me. If it's going to be GSP vs. Woodley.

Not exactly the fight I had in mind for Nick's comeback (or Sonnen for what it's worth).

Awful match making if true

Diaz-Lawler is the fight to make

Back