Rumor: Nate vs. Conor UFC 196

Nate is a better option than Cerrone, but both would just be punching bags for Conor.
I think people are WAY underestimating Nate's chances in this matchup. He actually has an amazing track record fighting people from whom he doesn't have to fear takedowns from...I think it's an interesting matchup.

I think people are WAY underestimating Nate's chances in this matchup. He actually has an amazing track record fighting people from whom he doesn't have to fear takedowns from...I think it's an interesting matchup.
But he got knocked out by Josh Thomson not that long ago and there was no takedowns at all in that fight, it was all standup and Diaz got schooled badly and finished. Not to mention Thomson hasn't beaten anyone else in UFC in 3 years.

Apparently this fight fell apart due to weight negotiations. per mmanews.com
Ariel tweeted his 'probably Nate' thing long after this supposed problem was reported.

But he got knocked out by Josh Thomson not that long ago and there was no takedowns at all in that fight, it was all standup and Diaz got schooled badly and finished. Not to mention Thomson hasn't beaten anyone else in UFC in 3 years.
Most people had Thomson beating Bendo, if not the judges. He may be slipping, but he was a great LW for a while.

It's the best they can do on 11 days notice. RDA pulled out, LW belt is off the table. At least a Nate Diaz vs. Conor fight is like 50 billion tons of fun. Everyone will watch.
Agreed. It's not as significant in terms of status or ranking but it'll be more entertaining for sure.

True, but I think Nate was expecting the takedown that whole fight, considering Josh has great wrestling. The point I was making is that Conor is not likely to shoot for double legs, so Nate could bank on this being a striking match through and through, which pumps me up.

Back