RUMOR: Marijuana Metabolites Found In Charles Oliviera Blood Sample

Marijuana metabolites aren't enough for a suspension, there is a certain limit to pass.

dana-white-oh-yeah.gif

:icon_lol:

I think it's dumb to be test for weed as it is, but since they are it's the fighter's job to be professional. Smoke after your fights until before you sign a new fight contract.

Dog, tell me that's Brodie in your av. Tell me true, Totes.

They raised the threshold for Marijuana testing last year or the year before so he might not fail altogether.

Does anybody know if he actually failed or just found THC in his system?

How stupid if they cancel a fight because of weed. They let Jones fight with Coke. I don't care if he wasn't under jurisdiction.

Not sure if there is anything behind this at all but it was brought to my attention by @MookieAlexander, a writer for Bloody Elbow who quoted it on twitter. Could be nothing but just thought I'd let you guys know that there is a rumor going around. Have at it.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'm not too up to date on drug testing policies. But for those wondering whether this would have him out of the Holloway fight, it looks like not due to the fact that it's out of competition. Similar to the Jones situation when he tested positive. Thanks to those who explained this in the thread.

Does he train with Cesar Gracie or 10th planet?

If this was an out of competition test then the results shouldn't even be released.

Cannabinoids
+ natural e.g. cannabis, hashish and marijuana
+ synthetic delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
+ cannabimimetics e.g. “Spice”, JWH-018, JWH-073, HU-210

Are only banned in competition by WADA

Threshold limit is 150ng/mL, decision limit 175ng/mL

No idea what the local commissions limits are though. And a lot will depend on what he is at come weigh in time. If they are a commission who are in line with wada regs then he should be fine at sub 150, if they are one of the crazy commissions that still has a 15ng/mL limit then hes got a week to sort himself out.

Regardless, it shouldnt be made public IF its true.

So, weed is totally fine out of competition but they tested him for weed anyway?

Maybe Diaz is the new test collector for the AC?

My my... that deadly performance enhancer marijuana - ol' Mary Jane, reefer, chronic, hash, ganja... dope... my, oh my... tsk tsk.:)

I hope this won't stop the match, even if it's true.

Back