RUMOR: Lawler/Condit & Bisping/Whittaker For UFC 193 In Melbourne

I really hope they don't do Bispng/Whitaker. That fight makes no sense for Bisping, it's a really dangerous fight which won't move him forward at all if he wins.

Really cool card. Lawlor vs Condit is great, Hunt is fighting and Whittaker will stop Bisping

I'm liking the faster turnaround times we're starting to see get scheduled. Who knows if they'll make it to fight night but at least the guy isn't sitting around for 6 months waiting to hear on a matchup

i think if ronda gets a quick win with no injuries we get ronda vs tate as the co-main

Seems like Bisping is at that point where the UFC doesn't really think he has what it takes to become champion so they'll keep giving him dangerous match ups in the hopes he can legitimize some other fighter. Who can blame them, he's 36 and has lost to every elite fighter he has faced and his last two wins are split decisions.

The best crowd in MMA are the Aussies. So glad Lawler and Condit are fighting there.

I think Bisping ends his run as the greatest gate keeper in MMA history.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't do Bispng/Whitaker. That fight makes no sense for Bisping, it's a really dangerous fight which won't move him forward at all if he wins.
This is a fucking gift for Bisping. Let's be serious, the guy is not a legitimate contender. Any fight that would genuinely move him forward would result in him losing. His only hope to get a title shot is getting strung along with winnable fights until everyone else has had their shot, or they need a late replacement. And this is a winnable fight. Bisping SHOULD be fighting someone like Mousasi or Machida next, so he should consider himself lucky.

This is a fucking gift for Bisping. Let's be serious, the guy is not a legitimate contender. Any fight that would genuinely move him forward would result in him losing. His only hope to get a title shot is getting strung along with winnable fights until everyone else has had their shot, or they need a late replacement. And this is a winnable fight. Bisping SHOULD be fighting someone like Mousasi or Machida next, so he should consider himself lucky.

What are you basing this off? Whittaker is 2-0 at Middleweight and looked absolutely beastly in both outings. Romero never came close to finishing Tavares but Whittaker made it look easy.

Bisping was dropped by a left hook from CB Dollaway. Whittaker has one of the best left hooks in all of the UFC right now.

Bisping is going to get knocked out here. Speed, power, boxing, kicks - All advantage to Whittaker. If Bisping wants to win this one he has to take it to the ground.

I dont get the Bisping Whitaker fight, Bisping deserves a higher ranked opponent. its a high risk low reward type fight

What are you basing this off? Whittaker is 2-0 at Middleweight and looked absolutely beastly in both outings. Romero never came close to finishing Tavares but Whitakker made it look easy.

Bisping was dropped by a left hook from CB Dollaway. Whittaker has one of the best left hooks in all of the UFC right now.

Bisping is going to get knocked out here.
He very well might, but Whittaker is less proven and I think he's a bit overrated at the moment. It's certainly a more winnable fight for Bisping than anyone above him in the rankings.

Well he's an explosive guy with ko power, so he's a threat to just about anyone. Vitor is the fight which makes sense for Bisping right now imo and I'd give Whitteker the winner of Alvey/Brunson myself.

Saving now so I can fly down to see it. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

surprised Lawler would be ready to go so soon, hopefully we get to see him break someone else's face

Back