RUMOR:Holloway vs Volkanovski done deal for UFC 245

Volkanovski was in hospital with a blood infection when Max was looking to sign a contract. I would have loved for this volkanovski fight to happen earlier, but Max wanted to stay on his schedule so he fought who was ready at that moment.

Exactly. People are hating on frankie for no reason. Max was never going to fightin in the september-october time frame. He's had a plan to fight in july and towards the end of the year since before his fight with Dustin.
You're naive if you think Max signed the contract post the Aldo Volk fight, talks were already ongoing pre Aldo Volk. They simply waited to announce, everything was done before Volk and Aldo stepped into the cage. It wasn't like oh now Volk can't fight in Canada Frankie will you step in. Volk was ready to go in Canada as proven by the UFC paying him to make weight.

You're naive if you think Max signed the contract post the Aldo Volk fight, talks were already ongoing pre Aldo Volk. They simply waited to announce, everything was done before Volk and Aldo stepped into the cage. It wasn't like oh now Volk can't fight in Canada Frankie will you step in. Volk was ready to go in Canada as proven by the UFC paying him to make weight.

I know talks were going pre- Aldo volk. I just said that Max had this schedule planned out since before his fight with Dustin. He accepted that fight with Dustin under the terms that he'd be able to fight on the schedule of defending in july and in the end of the year.

Regardless of how you look at it, it's clear that fighting in septermber-october was never in Max's plans. It wasn't frankie who prevented a super card in australia— it was max.

I know talks were going pre- Aldo volk. I just said that Max had this schedule planned out since before his fight with Dustin. He accepted that fight with Dustin under the terms that he'd be able to fight on the schedule of defending in july and in the end of the year.

Regardless of how you look at it, it's clear that fighting in septermber-october was never in Max's plans. It wasn't frankie who prevented a super card in australia— it was max.
I think schedules become very flexible should the UFC throw enough money your way. You seriously think if Max had beat Poirier he wouldn't have agreed, with the caveat he got a shit load of money, to fight Khabib at the upcoming Abu Dhabi card? Even now if 243 tickets sales were just shockingly bad, the UFC could have thrown Max a boat load of money to fight and he would likely have taken it. I dislike Frankie but Dana's the major cunt in this piece, though tbf I always disliked him so not much has changed on that front.

I think schedules become very flexible should the UFC throw enough Money your way. You seriously think if Max had beat Poirier he wouldn't have agreed, with the caveat he got a shit load of money, to fight Khabib at the upcoming Abu Dhabi card? Even now if 243 tickets sales were just shockingly bad, the UFC could have thrown Max a boat load of money to fight and he would likely take it.

If you're asking me if I think that the UFC could have gotten max to fight in australia this fall if they really wanted to, the answer is yes. If you're asking me if I think It's edgar who prevented Max from fighting in australia this fall, the answer is no—Max's schedule is clearly on Max and the UFC's terms at this point, and it has been the whole time.

If you're asking me if I think that the UFC could have gotten max to fight in australia this fall if they really wanted to, the answer is yes. If you're asking me if I think It's edgar who prevented Max from fighting in australia this fall, the answer is no—Max's schedule is clearly on Max and the UFC's terms at this point, and it has been the whole time.
Fair enough with regards to Max and the UFC, but if Frankie, who still to me didn't deserve this latest title shot, didn't fight Max recently the chances of Volk getting to fight him in Australia would have exponentially gone up. At least some of the blame for that rests with Frankie hence my attitude, the man's not blameless ergo my new found distaste for him.

Fair enough with regards to Max and the UFC, but if Frankie ,who still to me didn't deserve his shot, didn't fight Max recently the chances of Volk getting to fight him in Australia would have exponentially gone up. At least some of the blame for that rests with Frankie hence my attitude, the man's not blameless ergo my new found distaste for the man.

If it wasn't Frankie, It would have been someone else because that was the deal Max made with them before the Dustin fight. Maybe the UFC could have stopped that—I don't know, but Max was dead set on fighting in July and the UFC very clearly needed a headliner for that card.

Also, If he feels like he can't make a turn around in time for october after coming out of that frankie fight unscathed, then I highly doubt he would have ever fought in November, regardless of whether or not it was frankie or zabit or whoever they had him fight in July. I truly just don't think it was ever in Max's or the UFC's plans to have him fight in the fall.

If it wasn't Frankie, It would have been someone else because that was the deal Max made with them before the Dustin fight. Maybe the UFC could have stopped that—I don't know, but Max was dead set on fighting in July and the UFC very clearly needed a headliner for that card.

Also, If he feels like he can't make a turn around in time for october after coming out of that frankie fight unscathed, then I highly doubt he would have ever fought in November, regardless of whether or not it was frankie or zabit or whoever they had him fight in July. I truly just don't think it was ever in Max's or the UFC's plans to have him fight in the fall.
Well for one thing isn't this rumored card in Mid December? Considering the turn around time between his Dustin fight and his Frankie one was about 3 odd months I wouldn't say turning around in a little over 2 months is impossible by any means.

Well for one thing isn't this rumored card in Mid December? Considering the turn around time between his Dustin fight and his Frankie one was about 3 odd months I wouldn't say turning around in a little over 2 months is impossible by any means.

I know. Which is part of why I'm saying it was never in his plans to fight in australia. I think he definitely could have turned around in time to fight in Australia after taking no serious damage against Frankie—it just seems like he'd rather wait. Which is part of why I keep saying australia was never in his plans. I don't hate max for it either...the guy has been active.

I don't buy the "he doesn't have enough time for the weight cut" excuse either that I've seen circulating the media. He could have taken 2 weeks off after fighting frankie and then he'd still have time for a full 8 week camp in prep for volk. He simply doesn't want to or doesn't have enough incentive to.

Like I said: Max and the UFC have had a clear cut schedule in their mind this whole time, and australia was never apart of it.

In the end it doesn’t matter because they are fighting now. Are u dense?

W/e dude. Hopefully Max can keep staying active when guys like Zabit is next and doesnt take a vacation or get injured. Pretty easy to stay active when you fight a past your prime older fighter..... Are you dense?

W/e dude. Hopefully Max can keep staying active when guys like Zabit is next and doesnt take a vacation or get injured. Pretty easy to stay active when you fight a past your prime older fighter..... Are you dense?
lol u are reaching. Take the L and save yourself the embarrassment

Back