RUMOR: Eddie Alvarez vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov in Philadelphia

Do You Like This Potential Matchup?

• Total voters
And Ferg showed up last December. And Cerrone and showed up at 178, and at 187.

And then Ferguson pulled out mere days from their fight.

And then Khabib posted a signed contract for the Cerrone fight. What did Cerrone do? He just stopped running his mouth.

Pass. For reasons I described in the Tony vs RDA thread.

Get it done, its the title-fight I want to see now but I'd take any combo of Alvarez/Khabib/Ferguson.

it's gonna be a great fight but I would have wish Khabib vs Barboza and Eddie vs El Knockdown

Pass. For reasons I described in the Tony vs RDA thread.
Same. 1 win in the last two years over a non ranked fighter shouldn't get you a title shot. His golden ticket was that win over RDA but RDA isn't the champ anymore so that win doesn't help his case as much. If anything Ferguson should have gotten it but I wanted to see Nate/Conor vs. Eddie.

FFS YES.

We need a title fight based on merit.

Good news been awhile since the last philly show.

I'll definitely make the trip for this show.

Really enjoyed my last trip to Philly for 133.

Would like to see Tony fight Eddie but whatever.

Khabib probably dry humps Eddie for 5 rounds, hopefully Eddie can knock him the fuck out but I doubt it.

I like eddie, but i gotta root for my brother Kabob!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh damn
Wouldve been nice if they gave Eddie an easier fight, crazy with all the title match ups lately that this is how I'm thinking about it nowadays

Khabib UD or late finish

Would like to see Tony fight Eddie but whatever.

Khabib probably dry humps Eddie for 5 rounds, hopefully Eddie can knock him the fuck out but I doubt it.
rumor has it, tony is fighting RDA in Mexico.

Same. 1 win in the last two years over a non ranked fighter shouldn't get you a title shot. His golden ticket was that win over RDA but RDA isn't the champ anymore so that win doesn't help his case as much. If anything Ferguson should have gotten it but I wanted to see Nate/Conor vs. Eddie.

People bitch about Wood getting a TS after being inactive, and now all over Khabib getting a TS after being out even longer and a tune up with a UFC newb. Not to mention, he's the LW version of Cain, its not if he gets hurt again, its when.

As a Philly resident, let me say this:

FUCK YES EDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, good, got that out of my system.

We haven't had a UFC event here since the fucking terrible Evans vs Ortiz card. It's about goddamn time they stop forgetting about us. Good on Eddie for wanting that fight right here.

In Philly, no way Khabib beats Eddie. No fucking way.

Yeah just like there was no way that GUs was going to lose to Rumble in Sweden and so on and on.... Not saying Eddie wont win but you are a fool to think Eddie will win due to where he is fighting.

Khabib will get hurt badly, only chance he has is a Carwin vs Lesnar where Eddie gasses himself beating on him. I love this matchup, either way it's Khabib's toughest test yet. RDA was great but he's not a wrestler like Alvarez.

No way Khabib is able to hold down eddie for 5 rounds and GNP him.... Khabib getting KO'd

I like it. Actually a tough match up for Khabib. If Tibau can completely shut down Khabibs grappling I think Eddie has a good shot at doing it too. One of the toughest fights for him at LW.

Alvarez would have by far the best TDD and defensive wrestling in general that Nurmy will have faced outside of Tibau. I feel like many people here, especially those expecting Nurmy to dominate, are going to really be surprised by how this one goes.

Last edited:
No way Khabib is able to hold down eddie for 5 rounds and GNP him.... Khabib getting KO'd

thats cos he doesnt hold people down for 5 rounds and gnp them. Go watch his fights and come back

8371107.jpeg

Back