Rumble's sumo wrestling match

Should of hit the big fella with the ole side step.
aMmaJcU.gif
Great haha
That guy is Czech if i remember right.Had some good wins in sumo vs bigger opponents.

Do Sumo wrestlers shave their bums or are Japanese hairless around those areas?

Sumo Wrestling is actually very interesting. Was it you @SuperNerd ages ago we had a chat about it? I urge anyone to look up the crazy Sumo facts on youtube.

Hell yeah it was.

They used to show a lot of Sumo over here in the late 80's, early 90's and the main man then was Chiyonofuji who was small (for a Sumo wrestler) at 260lbs.
So he wasn't small but he was usually smaller than his opponents and he was slim enough that you could see he had muscles which seems unusual for a Sumo wrestler.

Enho is my guy

aMmaJcU.gif
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

I think this is Takanoyama, if I'm not wrong... But anyway, he is good, beat many bigger men, but always lost to the very good ones. Yes, in this particular case of sumo, size does make a difference, not only technique.

Great haha
That guy is Czech if i remember right.Had some good wins in sumo vs bigger opponents.
I think in Japan he was known as the "Skinny Sumo" which sounds like a nickname Australia would call him lol. We always call things by what they are. The Sydney Harbour Bridge, The Great Sandy Desert, etc.

Rumble competes in BJJ vs Craig Jones and in Sumo vs top guys.
Bareknuckle boxing would've fit him better but he is risking more damage there than in BJJ and Sumo
I don't think he'd be the one taking damage at BKFC lol. He'd probably kill someone.

Let me get this right.. Rumble who said when he retired "I dont enjoy rolling around with dudes" as a reason he left MMA, is now happy to hug another man in a thong and put his booty cheeks on display?

That was mad. Shame at the end because it looked like a false start. Shitty way to go out.

That's just his Jan performance. He's so exciting to watch, and has many attacks.

He's been in sumo for 2-3 years, division 1 for a year.. He's a star.

He keeps getting tougher and tougher opponents, and keeps pumping out winning records. I did not think he would last in division 1.... I thought he would get sent down and be a division 2 journeyman.

Mostly considering the Red Wings suck... Watching Enho on the rise has been on of my favourite things to watch in sport right now. I keep waiting for the ride to come to a crash.

watching this powerful white dude, and him finally get his championship got me hooked on sumo.

That's just his Jan performance. He's so exciting to watch, and has many attacks.

He's been in sumo for 2-3 years, division 1 for a year.. He's a star.

He keeps getting tougher and tougher opponents, and keeps pumping out winning records. I did not think he would last in division 1.... I thought he would get sent down and be a division 2 journeyman.

Mostly considering the Red Wings suck... Watching Enho on the rise has been on of my favourite things to watch in sport right now. I keep waiting for the ride to come to a crash.

watching this powerful white dude, and him finally get his championship got me hooked on sumo.

Big Georgian dude. He is pretty defined for a Sumo. His arms are huge and you can tell he is super strong because he wins almost the same way everytime. Gets the same grip and just bully's them back.

Big Georgian dude. He is pretty defined for a Sumo. His arms are huge and you can tell he is super strong because he wins almost the same way everytime. Gets the same grip and just bully's them back.

Yeah, pretty one-dimensional. A lot of them are.

But I haven't seen guys do who he does. I've only watched 2-3 years... He lifts and carries, the biggest dudes, out. Strongest guy I've seen in sumo for sure.

Wear and tear is getting to him. Looks like the best is behind Tochinoshin

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

I think this is Takanoyama, if I'm not wrong... But anyway, he is good, beat many bigger men, but always lost to the very good ones. Yes, in this particular case of sumo, size does make a difference, not only technique.
Yeh he was formerly a judo guy. Although he has lost to the top guys, I love watching him work his arm drags against those big dudes.

Rumble should have went for the knockout. I'm not sure if he's ever practice palm strikes, but I've seem some pretty good knockouts in Sumo before and we all know that's something Rumble has a penchant for.

Baki is sometimes prophetic

inverse triangle > triangle here

Yeah, pretty one-dimensional. A lot of them are.

But I haven't seen guys do who he does. I've only watched 2-3 years... He lifts and carries, the biggest dudes, out. Strongest guy I've seen in sumo for sure.

Wear and tear is getting to him. Looks like the best is behind Tochinoshin
I know fuck all about it but Japan has been at the top of my list for ages. Sumo, Bullet Trains, The Food, Snowboarding, Blossoms, Bamboo Forrests, etc. Love the culture. My mate says there is almost no crime. Rides his bike to the bar, leaves it outside with the other dozens already sitting there without locks. Comes back a week later and it is still there. Hard to believe we were ever at War with such amazing people.

aMmaJcU.gif
Its considered without honour in Sumo.
Some fighters who do that often get destroyed more brutal on purpose in later fights.
Weight is a factor sure

But I have seen many undersized Sumo wrestlers beat the bigger Sumos

Truth is, Rumble just sucks at Sumo

To consider that even the small Rikishi weigh often 130 to 140kg at top level and they are strong and fast as fuck. I love watching Shohozan . Such a technical master. The really small wrestlers are very rare like Enho and often their Judo / Sumo is at a level that they would win world champions in Judo.

Those sumos aren't just sitting on the coach all day. These guys are constantly training on their feet while being 500 lbs.

Back