Rumble's response when asked about a potential change in weight class in the future

I think he'd do just fine and win some and lose some like every other HW champ in the past decade.

Maybe it's just me. I've seen the fight a few times on yt, Rumble was never in any serious danger, Arlovski didn't land anything significant.
Imo that's a good sign for his chances at HW

Man. To think that this guy fought at 170 not that long ago

I think he could hang with them.... I know they´re different fighters, but I believe he hits harder than Cain Velasquez, for example. I don´t think JDS could stand half of those punches if they were from Rumble. If he could be champion or not, that´s a different story.
rumble.jpg cain.jpg

A fun fight here and there but not a permanent move.

He has issues with cardio when he is around 225 lbs and you guys want him to be free to eat when ever and what ever he wants to ? he needs the 205 division so he stays on course, lean and mean.

I think he could hang with them.... I know they´re different fighters, but I believe he hits harder than Cain Velasquez, for example. I don´t think JDS could stand half of those punches if they were from Rumble. If he could be champion or not, that´s a different story.
View attachment 131775 View attachment 131781

lots of HWs hit harder than Cain too, that doesn't mean they'd beat JDS though.

lots of HWs hit harder than Cain too, that doesn't mean they'd beat JDS though.
True, but I could see Rumble having some success. For example, Phil Davis' wrestling in second to none even if compared to HW I´d say, and Rumble didn´t have any problems with it, so wrestlers wouldn´t trouble him much and on the feet we know what could happen if he landed. His weaknessess are offensive wrestling, bjj and his heart is questionable.

Depends what you mean by successful. Theres maybe 2 or 3 winnable fights in the top 10-15 for him and can give a good fight to alot of them but would still end up losing and would get thoroughly beaten by the top 5 and certainly never be champion. I guess you can say thats sort of successful.

He has the potential to KO anyone imo

Could beat a few of the top 10 but most if not all top 5 beat him.

He should stay at LHW. He would have some decent wins at HW though

HW would be his best weightclass. He'd be a serious threat to that title.

HWs are too slow for him and yes, his power would make him dangerous at HW.

How do people still doubt smaller HWs' potential on account of their size? Historically, HW has mostly been ruled by men who can (and have) made LHW. Even MW (Fedor.)

Rumble vs JDS, Rumble vs Overeem, Rumble vs Cain (had good battles when Rumble trained at AKA), Rumble vs Rothwell.. All fun fights if made realistic.

Rumble is freakin' massive, I'm amazed he even fought at MW for a few fights, albeit he was clearly much bigger then Vitor when they fought at MW

I want to see Rumble go back down to WW.

Maybe it's just me. I've seen the fight a few times on yt, Rumble was never in any serious danger, Arlovski didn't land anything significant.

That's because he was too busy trying to survive Rumble's bombs. The HW division is full of old slow fighters, that's why guys like Roy Nelson can be successful with just an over hand right. Rumble would destroy some of those guys. Too fast. Too powerful.

Ya'll are idiots. Rumble will have wrestling to deal with hw wrestlers, and striking to KO the rest.

Back