Rumble vs Rampage

You DO realize Im talking about PRIME rampage in this thread... Jones beat a way out of prime Rampage... Dumb much?

So, he wasn't "low level" as you said? He was just out of prime?

you guys are underestimating prime rampage. Rumble can't even go 2 rounds without quitting or gassing. Rampage was a monster when he beat Chuck/Hendo.

So here's what TS had to say about Rampage in that other thread where he was trying to shit on Jones' resume:

Troll much?

He admitted his knowledge stems from playing a now 6 year old video game, trolling or not, didn't think he was worth responding to.

Prime Rampage would be great to watch vs unretired prime LHW Rumble (you'll see post-prime Rumble if he ever comes back).

People might underestimate how Rampage being a counter-striker would impact Rumble's game. Prime Rampage matches up well with him.

Rampage had the better technical boxing, potentially stronger sub defence, willpower.
Rumble was quicker, hit harder, potentially bigger.

I think Rampage has more tools to work with but Rumbles power is scary. Who knows, I like Rumble in this fight personally.

Prime for prime probably Rampage. He like Rumble is a wrestler by trade so the fight stays standing. Rampage had power in his fists, but not like Rumbles “1 touch and you die” kind of power. Aside from the brutal Wanderlei KOs, Rampage could take a shot.

Rampage had the better technical boxing, potentially stronger sub defence, willpower.
Rumble was quicker, hit harder, potentially bigger.

I think Rampage has more tools to work with but Rumbles power is scary. Who knows, I like Rumble in this fight personally.

More power? wtf dude.

toss up fight. rumble may be more gifted physically but he'd tire out before rampage in his prime would. not saying rampage was a cardio machine but he had better cardio then rumble for sure. chins are about even too.

Rampage is the better fighter period, I'd go to war with him any day. Rumble is scary but I'll always favor the guy who has more grit(10x). Rumble scary for first couple rounds but If DC can hold his own with his reach and height I think Rampage with his Goat chin and great defense would be just fine. Rampage lands a counter left hook and saps the fight from Rumble in the 2nd, Rampage by Unanimous decision 29-28

Last edited:
Rumble wasn't at his best at that point yet, at his best he was destroying guys like Gus and Bader like nothing. Don't be stupid
he was on a tear even then, id attribute him not koing arlovski more to him just being cautious since he was at HW and didn't wanna get caught. arlovski packs a punch and is a skilled striker.

Prime vs Prime, Rampage would easily win. Dude has one of the best chins in all of MMA. He would probably get lit up in the first round, but he would definitely ride out the storm and take over the fight when Rumble starts to tire. Rampage had great cardio along with that power. Cardio, heart, chin... all looking bad for Rumble in that match up.

Prime for prime probably Rampage. He like Rumble is a wrestler by trade so the fight stays standing. Rampage had power in his fists, but not like Rumbles “1 touch and you die” kind of power. Aside from the brutal Wanderlei KOs, Rampage could take a shot.
Wanderlei laid a hellacious beating on Page to get those stoppages too so it's not like that was any kind of knock on his chin. That infamous gif of Wand landing a hook on Page would probably kill most people.

Rampage is the better fighter period, I'd go to war with him any day. Rumble is scary but I'll always favor the guy who has more grit(10x). Rumble scary for first couple rounds but If DC can hold his own with his reach and height I think Rampage with his Goat chin and great defense would be just fine. Rampage lands a counter left hook and saps the fight from Rumble in the 2nd, Rampage by Unanimous decision 29-28

THIS!! FUCKING THIS!!! RAMPAGE HAD AN INCH MORE REACH THAN DC SO IF RAMPAGE CONNECTS HE'D KO's him like Chuck

Back