Rumble is to small for LHW

Rumble is 6'1 I believe and Gus is taller than Jon Jones, so physically in stature Gus appears bigger. But Rumble is far more dense in compact muscle and is able to generate a lot of torque power in a short amount of distance. Not a lot of wasted movement and distance when he start swinging those heavy hammers.

What the hell...isn't Rumble 6-2 or thereabouts? Was Hardy wearing shoes in that picture or something?

Hardy was jumping. His feet are like 4 or 5 inches off the ground.

if this was Rumble vs Jones it would be all about how Jones is ducking HW. Even though Gus is bigger.

if this was Rumble vs Jones it would be all about how Jones is ducking HW. Even though Gus is bigger.

Both Jones and Gus could fight at heavyweight but they are vain dudes.

I'm just fuckin with you, i actually have Gus winning by dec. His footwork and overall movement are just too good. Plus he's too damn big for Rumble to outmuscle. Rumble's only chance is a KO, and i just dont see that happening to Gus, he moves too well.

Yeah I know :) I tend to agree with that. Doesn't change that I'm rapidly closing in to "nervous wreck"-status though.

Attaboy. And even if that happened, why would any Gus fan take offense? Rumble is a beast, and has heart for days. The champion himself avoided fighting in Sweden, even though it would have been the greatest fight of all time probably. Rumble? 0 fucks given. Anytime anywhere. Nothing but respect for both guys.

Yeah, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Rumble. Gonna be a great fight.

He was also tiny compared to Hardy.

ufn24_weighin_035.jpg

Poor guy just looks small no matter what weightclass. :(

There's something wrong with that picture. I met and chatted to Hardy, I am 5'11 and I looked down on him! I am positive that Rumble is much taller than me!

Hardy and Gus are huge for their division.

Rumble can eat, so that means he's happy (his words). But, him and Alex seem to be reasonably similar in terms of size, and I wouldn't trust his chances on cutting to middleweight lol... 196 lbs

Are you fucking high??? He made Phil Davis look about average.

I wonder why Gus hasn't considered moving to heavyweight. Dude is too big for LHW

Rumble cuts more weight than Gustafsson and Jones.

There's something wrong with that picture. I met and chatted to Hardy, I am 5'11 and I looked down on him! I am positive that Rumble is much taller than me!
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt this when rumble was also cutting height? He's better suited for lhw when he doesnt cut much weight and remains his natural height.

Threads calling for Gus to move up to HW 1, threads calling for Jones to 9128901.

Rumble is as big or bigger then Gus

I wonder why Gus hasn't considered moving to heavyweight. Dude is too big for LHW

Is that what you've decided or something?

He makes the limit with plenty of gas for 5 rounds, so you're obviously wrong but not smart enough to realize it.

The picture was snapped when Hardy was in the air and jumping and down, trying to psych himself up. Rumble is a legit 6 foot 1-2 inches tall. Hardy is a legit 5 foot 11. Maybe you were wearing bigger shoes, because no way Hardy is shorter than 5 foot 11. I met him in person as well at a Fan Expo in Toronto.

Both Jones and Gus could fight at heavyweight but they are vain dudes.

Neither of them cut very much weight. Jones weight has been said to be as low as 217LB (according to his Twitter) and as high as 227LB (he told DC that would be his fight night weight). At most 22LBs is not that much. Aldo cuts around that and he fights 5 weight classes below Jones and Gus. Weidman and Hendricks definitely cut at least that much too

Back