Rumble is to small for LHW

Weidman

Still my booooy!
@red
Reaction score
10013161_856841687672364_310750405161391252_n.jpg

..or maybe Gus is to big for LHW.?

Watching the video, Gus looked HUGE compared to Rumble, but gotta remember their overall size.

Alex is wearing some heavy post apocalyptic coat.
Gus is not muscular like Rumble.

He was also tiny compared to Hardy.

ufn24_weighin_035.jpg

Poor guy just looks small no matter what weightclass. :(

Alex is wearing some heavy post apocalyptic coat.
Gus is not muscular like Rumble.

This. It is a weight class. Not a height/reach class. The weight can be dispersed in many different ways and each has it's advantages/disadvantages.

Slightly skewed perspective due to Gus leaning towards Rumble in the picture. I'm pretty sure they'll be even weight-wise come fight time. Rumble was 230 against Andrei if I recall correctly? He'll probably be around that, a little less...Gus won't be much heavier than that, if heavier at all.
He's just a good bit taller that's all. Height does not equate to being big (though Gus is a big dude of course)

Yeah Rumble should probably be a big 185er in a perfect world. People love to exaggerate and say he was as big as Arlovski, but he's nowhere near that kind of natural size.

ufn24_weighin_035.jpg

What the hell...isn't Rumble 6-2 or thereabouts? Was Hardy wearing shoes in that picture or something?

ufn24_weighin_035.jpg

Hardy is a monster. He walked around at a legit 6'4.5" 230 lb. and somehow cut to 170. Guy walks around comparable in size to Travis Browne.

I agree, remember he was a WW, presently he's just an over inflated WW....

He should drop to 155 and fight at LW, this would be more suited to his frame

If you have to cut weight for the weight class, you aren't too small for it. If anything, you should be fighting in the weight class above.

It's teh angle, Rumble looks at least as big as Gus in others. Gustafsson even commented on how huge Rumble is.

Guys, Hardy was jumping. He's shorter than Rumble. We've talked about it no less than 30 times.

Johnson-Nog_large.jpg

Screen-shot-2014-04-26-at-6.34.49-AM.png

Clothing and perspective can be deceiving. Rumble looked huge against Phil Davis.

Gus is taller than every other LHW of note, so he'll always be "big" in that sense. But all you guys who believe in height-classes instead of weight-classes should have figured this out long before he stared down Rumble.

Rumble is not too small for LHW, lol. The guys size, frame and height are perfect for LHW. Rumble is an ideal modern LHW

Back