Rumble Beating Gus is Such an Underrated Victory

Wjn2W5L.gif
And Gus poked his eye so it evens out.

He has proven he can fight on prime Jon Jones level, and he still have not won the title. That pretty much makes him easily the best to never hold a title, unless you are retarted or think prime Jones is a can.

Accomplisments (wins on a record) is not the same as skill level.

DID Matt Serra prove that he was on GSP's level?

Did Travis Brown prove he was on Overeems level?

Was Brett Rogers on Arlovski's level? Lol

Come on, man. Gus doing well against Jones doesn't make him an all time great. He actually has to win fights.

This dude struggled against Jan Fucking Blacowic or whatever the fuck his name is. Does that mean him and Gus are on the same level?

I'm picking up what you're putting down, but did you really just compare Ngannou to Rumble?

{<huh}

I mean, they're both explosive athletes and... Ngannou go there.

Rumble was always the definition of a front runner. He either dominated or quit.

This front runner was amazing:

Now watch him adapt in Rio in 2016, after his countryman takes off like a bullet. He doesn’t assume the lead till about 600m.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna sit here with my popcorn until someone posts the gif of Rumble making Gus' head look like a bobblehead doll and Pez dispenser.

It is underrated. I hate when people say it's a fluke, or Gus would beat him 9 times out of 10. Rumble is faster and hits harder, although Gus is longer and has better boxing. Getting KO'd by Rumble is not a bad thing.

Rumble >>> Gus all day long.

DC was such a bad matchup stylistically for Rumble.

Rumble threw the fight against DC. Embarrassing!

He has proven he can fight on prime Jon Jones level, and he still have not won the title. That pretty much makes him easily the best to never hold a title, unless you are retarted or think prime Jones is a can.

Accomplisments (wins on a record) is not the same as skill level.

"Prime Jones" = Jones who barely trained.

{<huh}

Gustafsson gets so much praise around here for being the best fighter to never hold a title but Rumble took him out with ease. I know that styles make fights but Rumble just made it look so easy. Who could forget this:

giphy.gif

1E1A.gif

He just made it look so easy. Dude needs to come back. He would still be a force and could be champ with DC retiring soon.

Funny you didn't show a gif of the headbutt that rocked Gus and led to him being TKO:d.

I love Rumble, he's a beast and could have definetly beaten Gus without the unfortunate accidental headbutt but let's not forget the circumstances behind that win.

For some reason there is so much hate for Gus although the guy never speaks shit and is almost always in epic fights. I think the Jones nuttgobblers are still salty that Gus almost edged him out and was the first person to give him a good fight. Pathetic how the losers can't give him his props.

I mean, they're both explosive athletes and... Ngannou go there.
They're explosive and athletic with one punch KO power, and that's pretty much where the similarities stop.

Ngannou is a Striker who relies too much on his power. He's not always in position to deliver, his shot selection isn't the best, and his footwork is a work in progress. That being said, his great equalizer is that ridiculous power.

Rumble is by trade a wrestler with great kickboxing technique. Rumble has been known to get a little wild when he's chasing the finish, but that's about it.

Look at Gus horrible defense throwing that kick, deserved to get blasted. Also he threw a bomb and intentionally headbutted him at the same time?LMAO

"Prime Jones" = Jones who barely trained.

{<huh}
That's just a lie, on Rogan's latest Podcast with Jones, Jones himself said he trained hard for the fight when asked about it. He said he partyed a week before the fight or something (wich he says he was doing in pretty much every fight except the OSP one if i remember it correctly.)

Just look at the shape he was in for the fight, he was in amazing shape at the weight ins, insecure Jones fanboys keep making shit up to make their guy look better lol.

Funny you didn't show a gif of the headbutt that rocked Gus and led to him being TKO:d.

I love Rumble, he's a beast and could have definetly beaten Gus without the unfortunate accidental headbutt but let's not forget the circumstances behind that win.

For some reason there is so much hate for Gus although the guy never speaks shit and is almost always in epic fights. I think the Jones nuttgobblers are still salty that Gus almost edged him out and was the first person to give him a good fight. Pathetic how the losers can't give him his props.
Gus poked him in the eye did you forget about that?

Gus poked him in the eye did you forget about that?

I never said he didn't, it was also accidental, but didn't lead to a TKO. I definetly don't think Rumble would do anything like that on purpouse, he seems like a good guy, i just think it's a shame it ended that way and for some reason people who love to shit on Gus on here never mention it and act like it never happened, at least be honest about it.

But thats not fair. Gus is weak against explosive guys.

That's just a lie, on Rogan's latest Podcast with Jones, Jones himself said he trained hard for the fight when asked about it. He said he partyed a week before the fight or something (wich he says he was doing in pretty much every fight except the OSP one if i remember it correctly.)

Just look at the shape he was in for the fight, he was in amazing shape at the weight ins, insecure Jones fanboys keep making shit up to make their guy look better lol.

Exact words from the podcast:

"I trained for the fight but I definitely had this thing where I felt invincible. And I did a lot of wild stuff leading up to the fight. I definitely didn't give it my all. Partying, drinking staying up all night."

Also on Jim Rome:

"Going into the Gustafsson fight I had just beaten Chael Sonnen, somebody that almost beat Anderson Silva twice, and I dominated Chael Sonnen in a minute and thirty seconds,' said Jones. "I think for the first time in my career I really started to feel myself. I really started to think, 'Maybe I've got this extraordinary talent and maybe I just can't be touched.'

"I'm not making any excuses. Gustafsson did a great job in the fight but I know that I had a lot more in me. I did some of the cardio tests that I normally do and my numbers weren't the same. Me knowing that, I still went into the fight thinking, 'Well, since I've performed excellent, maybe I'll still perform really really high, do really good and the fight may be a little closer if I just put half the effort in. I learned a lesson the hard way that you have to give full effort."

Who is making up shit to make someone look better again?

Back