Rumble Beating Gus is Such an Underrated Victory

Gus is ok. He gave Jones a fight because he's tall, has good reach, has better boxing than Jones, and Jones wasn't in shape for that fight. That fight is what started the gus hype. If Jones fought Gus and took him seriously, he would probably embarrass him.

Rumble is a destroyer but he has no heart. If he doesn't get you outta there in the first, he gives up and beats himself. He also has no gas tank.

If anything, Rumble is technically very underrated. He's a solid kickboxer. The problem is that he doesnt have the gas tank to load up with every shot, but he does it anyway.

Gus was a solid win, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend like there aren't 3 or 4 guys that would beat him. He's top 5 for sure but I think that's as close he gets to a belt.

Gustafsson gets so much praise around here for being the best fighter to never hold a title but Rumble took him out with ease. I know that styles make fights but Rumble just made it look so easy. Who could forget this:

giphy.gif

1E1A.gif

He just made it look so easy. Dude needs to come back. He would still be a force and could be champ with DC retiring soon.

Gus is the best to never hold a title?

Lol...Gus' only top win is Glover

That was one of the most electrifying knockout sequences of recent years.

The gus fanboys and GOATJones haters were giving Rumble no chance, and he cracked the fck out of Gustafssons iron chin.
Is this one too old now??

Gustafsson gets so much praise around here for being the best fighter to never hold a title but Rumble took him out with ease. I know that styles make fights but Rumble just made it look so easy. Who could forget this:

giphy.gif

1E1A.gif

He just made it look so easy. Dude needs to come back. He would still be a force and could be champ with DC retiring soon.

How is their caramel baby doing?

Rumble top three lhw. DC has his number Jones might be a good fight but outside of those two nobody else beats rumble and he'd make it look dead easy.

LHW Rumble is a wrecking machine at the start of a fight. The problem is he quits when dragged into deeper waters. The victory doesn't show anything we don't already know.

Hes probably the greatest 1 round fighter in the world..imagine if MMA was 1 round..hed be the undefeated Goat ..lol..reminds me alittle of prime tyson in the sense the first portion of the match is always going to be rumbles\tyson..after that all bets are off

They had an obvious clash of heads.

If you believe Gus, the unintentional headbutt had a big effect on him.

Absolutely massive headbutt in that fight.

No one *ever* talks about it.

I'd pick Gus in the rematch.

Gus is an extremely overrated boxer because he has half decent boxing in a division with no boxing.

Rumble relies more on physical gifts than a technically inclined striker like gus and thus, he shouldn't beat Gus. But he did.

Stipe outclassed Ngannou standing, it's a good example of how that kind of striking battle should go if the technical striker is worth his salt. It's a bit skewed because Stipe is better than Gus and Rumble is slightly better than Francis technically speaking, but the comparison still stands imo
Rumble actually has takedown defense, competent defense, and a complete standup including kicks lmao.

Stipe has overrated boxing.

Gus is an extremely overrated boxer because he has half decent boxing in a division with no boxing.

Rumble relies more on physical gifts than a technically inclined striker like gus and thus, he shouldn't beat Gus. But he did.

Stipe outclassed Ngannou standing, it's a good example of how that kind of striking battle should go if the technical striker is worth his salt. It's a bit skewed because Stipe is better than Gus and Rumble is slightly better than Francis technically speaking, but the comparison still stands imo

To compare Rumble to Ngannou is insulting. Sure, they might look the same but one is clearly the more experienced, polished striker.

I think Gus's problem is not fighting often enough.

They had an obvious clash of heads.

If you believe Gus, the unintentional headbutt had a big effect on him.
Yep, and Rumble having an orange juicer for a cranium is gonna win him that battle every time

Definition of being good at everything but must be great at one thing.

Hes probably the greatest 1 round fighter in the world..imagine if MMA was 1 round..hed be the undefeated Goat ..lol..reminds me alittle of prime tyson in the sense the first portion of the match is always going to be rumbles\tyson..after that all bets are off
Except for Vitor. Never forget Rumble wanted no parts of the standup once he tasted a Belfort blitz.

Gus was overrated then and he’s overrated now.

Rumble did exactly as many expected him to do.

Primadonna Gus overlooked him and paid the price with salty tears.

I think it's because Gus keeps his hands down low and when he's rocked, his instinct is to run. He doesn't tie up and utilize the clinch to recover. Jones or DC would have had an answer for that.

if headbutts were allowed Rumble might just be the GOAT

Back