Rumble at 205

Anthony Johnson has knockout power and his stand up game is really crisp but he has shown some weakness in the wrestling department, as was the case in his fight against Josh Koscheck. I would still like to see him go up against Gustafasson because they both a very exciting stand up game.

its kind of embarrassing that a natural 205er has a legit loss to josh koscheck imo..

If I remember correctly, didn't he get taken down at will by Kos? That's not good for a natural 205er. Wrestlers will beat him.

The UFC already offered him a contract at 205 but he turned it down because he is making better money in Ray Sefo's new promotion (which i think will go under soon because there is no way they can pay their fighters what they do and stay above water). I think he is probably looking for some easy wins at 205 to build his record so he can negotiate a better deal with the UFC when his current WSOF contract (he has two or three more fights) is up.

He has looked really sharp at 205. His last opponent, Linderman, is no chump and Rumble really put it on him. Training with Rashad and Reem everyday is clearly paying off.

You really trying to push that the opponents of Rumble at his new promotion were contenders.

Linderman had no chance.

You really trying to push that the opponents of Rumble at his new promotion were contenders.

Linderman had no chance.

What?

I said he was looking for easy wins, which he is getting, and that he has looked good at 205, which he has, and that DJ Linderman doesn't completely suck, which he doesn't. He is a bellator vet.

I didnt say shit about them being contenders. What would they be contending for? Up yo' reading comprehension skills homie.

Back