Rumble at 205

rampageSmackson

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How do you guys think Anthony Johnson would do in the UFC at LHW? He's 3-0 at 205 (still can't believe he mad weight at 170) but he'd definitely be one of the fastest guys at the weight and he's always had good TDD. He's 6'2" and walks around at 220 so he wouldn't be undersized. I think he could pose some problems for some guys. I'm a big fan of Rumble and hope Dana will give him another chance.

He would break JBJ's chicken legs with those kicks.

How do you guys think Anthony Johnson would do in the UFC at LHW? He's 3-0 at 205 (still can't believe he mad weight at 170) but he'd definitely be one of the fastest guys at the weight and he's always had good TDD. He's 6'2" and walks around at 220 so he wouldn't be undersized. I think he could pose some problems for some guys. I'm a big fan of Rumble and hope Dana will give him another chance.

The UFC already offered him a contract at 205 but he turned it down because he is making better money in Ray Sefo's new promotion (which i think will go under soon because there is no way they can pay their fighters what they do and stay above water). I think he is probably looking for some easy wins at 205 to build his record so he can negotiate a better deal with the UFC when his current WSOF contract (he has two or three more fights) is up.

He has looked really sharp at 205. His last opponent, Linderman, is no chump and Rumble really put it on him. Training with Rashad and Reem everyday is clearly paying off.

I think he'd be a solid middle of the pack fighter.

Think he could get round top 15.

Outside top 15 (inc strikeforce guys) isn't massively deep and think he could beat Hamill, Vlad Mat or even Thiago Silva

Lost a lot of respect for the dude. He was cutting massive amounts of weight to avoid LHW and MW in the UFC and now that he's out of the big leagues, he's fighting at LHW?

I think he would get through the lower tier guys but I don't have much to go on as to how he would do against the upper echelon at LHW so I guess we will have to wait and see.

I could see Rumble surprise ALOT of people. Then all of a sudden, everyone would jump on the bandwagon lmao. I can definitely see him becoming a Top 10 lhw.

im all about him getting back in the octagon at LHW, square him off with one of the SF fighters

He would be a killer MW if he hadn't killed his ability to cut weight by over doing it.

Lost a lot of respect for the dude. He was cutting massive amounts of weight to avoid LHW and MW in the UFC and now that he's out of the big leagues, he's fighting at LHW?

I think his body just couldn't cut the weight anymore, that's why he failed to make weight at middleweight both times he tried.

Totally agree. The guy was a typical bully, loves to pick on little guys smaller than him. Him against guys like Charlie Brenneman and Yoshiyuki Yoshida. I know, because when I was 25, I was beating up 16 year olds at the gym. Only difference was that I felt a little bad and would admit it while for years Rumble just kept saying he can make weight (which he often didn't) and he had no plans to move to 185.

Loses to anyone in the top 20.

Agree with the Domin8er - however, i'd like to see it. Still think the guy had potential that's untapped. Blackzillians is prob not the best camp for him - everyoen's losing their fights, however with Shad and Reem there he's fighting good big guys. Coaching makes camps at least as much as the people one spars with tho

Totally agree. The guy was a typical bully, loves to pick on little guys smaller than him. Him against guys like Charlie Brenneman and Yoshiyuki Yoshida. I know, because when I was 25, I was beating up 16 year olds at the gym. Only difference was that I felt a little bad and would admit it while for years Rumble just kept saying he can make weight (which he often didn't) and he had no plans to move to 185.

^^ wtf

I believe he was offered a fight in the UFC at 205 and he turned it down. There was an article or a thread about this a while back.

Idk about his coaches but he has good sparring partners. He probably couldn't beat any Top 10 LHWs...like to see him against Vera or Vladdy.

He could probably hurt Vera, that dude lets his guard down entirely too often. I'd like to see Rumble fight Te Huna, a lot of power on both sides.

I see Rumble having a similar career to Vitor, minus the courage to fight elite guys his size and bigger (can't see Rumble ever taking a short notice fight against Jones). The similarity I do see is that Rumble will show flashes of brilliance throughout his career, and as soon as people get their hopes up that he's on his way to being a champion, he will disappoint them.

On the bright side, he's talented and exciting enough to always have a spot on the UFC roster, if he
a) stops making boneheaded decisions, like nearly killing himself with weight cuts
AND
b) drops the stank attitude (the way he threw a hissy fit against fans after missing weight all those times was childish and embarrassing)

Back