Rumble and Glover Q&A Before UFC 202

Fincher7

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

The fight was supposed to happen last month so has the extra preparation helped?

Rumble: It wasn't an injury but I was dealing with family stuff that always comes first. I'm glad I had the extra time but I'm sure Glover is glad too. I think it's benefitted both of us.

Teixeira: The extra time doesn't make a difference. I had to take some time off otherwise you go over the limit of over-training, but I'm back on track.

What strengths or weakness does your opponent have?

Rumble: He doesn't have any weaknesses from what I've seen. So I just have to be on my game and stay out of trouble - put him in positions where he's uncomfortable so he can't put me in positions where I'm uncomfortable. That's the name of the game.

Knock somebody's head off, that's always my game-plan. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't!
Teixeira: He's a top contender for a reason so I need to pressure him. He has a lot of power, but lots of fighters have crazy power. We'll throw bombs at each other - this fight could go quickly.

Are you expecting a win to earn you the next shot at the UFC light-heavyweight championship?

Rumble: I hope so, man. But we all know how this game goes. You're supposed to have the next shot but somebody else who's more popular comes along. Or you're injured and they replace you in the blink of an eye. So you have to wait until you're actually in the cage.

Teixeira: Yes. The winner has to fight for the belt, in my opinion. That's what I'm expecting.

You've both fought unsuccessfully for the world title before, so what did you learn?

Rumble: Wrestle a lot more, and don't let anybody lay on top of you. But my biggest thing was not staying patient. When I dropped Daniel Cormier I definitely tried to finish him off. Most people when I hit them once, they're done.

Hell, I'm definitely going to try and knock him out quickly again! I'll do what I do but stay more relaxed.

Teixeira: I learned about myself, about my training. I've changed my training - now I'm in my hometown, where I have my house, a better diet.

In my Jon Jones fight, I had a lot of stress. These are the little things that make a lot of difference.

Is there any disappointment that you might never fight Jon Jones in the future?

Rumble
: It breaks my heart because as an alpha-male I've always been one of the top athletes growing up, people knew about me. Fighting Jon, I can't say would be a dream come true, but it almost is. Everybody that fights wants a fight of that calibre. Me being the alpha-male that I am, and Jon being the same, we were looking forward to the fight.

Teixeira: I'm disappointed for such a great fighter. He's such a young, great fighter. But I don't focus on other people, I just focus on the fighters that are active.

What will you do to steal the show from McGregor v Diaz?

Rumble: Nothing! It's the Johnson v Glover show, that's all I know about. I don't know anything about Diaz v McGregor. I'm not fighting them so I don't care who else is on the card, know what I'm saying? I'm just living in the moment.

Teixeira: We aren't going to win a battle with McGregor and Diaz in talking. Me and Anthony aren't talkers, we're true fighters.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/more-sport...d-glover-teixeira-take-our-qa-before-ufc-202?

Last edited:
Rumble by standing KO. Or Glover by grinding and eventually getting the TKO. My bold predictions. Can't wait to see this fight.

Teixeira: We aren't going to win a battle with McGregor and Diaz in talking. Me and Anthony aren't talkers, we're true fighters.

Glover going in!

Worried for Rumble,

Glover has a serious chin and ground and pound.

Glover has no chance, his fans are crazy

think Glover may sneak this one

GLO.gif

Glover has no chance, his fans are crazy

He has good offensive wrestling and good striking, power and chin himself. He could grind Rumble out take him down and do what Cormier did. And Rumble has to respect Glover's striking as well

I don't want to see Cormier Vs Rumble 2 ...

:(

Find a way to win Glover!

think Glover may sneak this one
I really hope not, my ideal scenario would be that Rumble ends up the belt to coincide with the second or is it third? return of Jon Jones - it's a fight we need to see happen..

I think Rumble could smoke him in the opening round.

I really hope not, my ideal scenario would be that Rumble ends up the belt to coincide with the second or is it third? return of Jon Jones - it's a fight we need to see happen..

I think Rumble could smoke him in the opening round.

cant bring myself to hope for anything from Bones ever again :(

I honestly don't see how this fight is as close as some are implying. I am very open for someone to tell me otherwise, but Glover's last fights were, I dare say, mediocre at best. He was having some difficulty against Cummins in the stand up and beat a gun shy Rashad Evans.

Fan of Rumble and this fight is INSANE. Can't wait

Both are tough as fuck and great warriors. Respect

I'm placing a 10 dollar bet on Glover. Likely late in the fight, like many have pointed out.

I'm feeling Glover is gonna win this one, he has more tools.

He has good offensive wrestling and good striking, power and chin himself. He could grind Rumble out take him down and do what Cormier did. And Rumble has to respect Glover's striking as well

Are you serious? Look what Phil Davis did to Glover and what Rumble did to Phil. Glover isn't close to Cormier, in fact Glover isn't even on the same league as Phil Davis or Rumble in wrestling. What credentials did he ever had that made you think he can take Rumble down when Davis couldn't? Glover might be a good striker, but Rumble is on another league, unless you are saying Glover is a better striker than Gus or Cormier, he isn't outstriking Rumble.

Back