Rukus War Wagon!

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by MMAViewer, Jan 16, 2015.

1. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

Big fan of the Rukus and will be there to see this fight live. He has fought here before many times, this will be a coming out party for the next WW threat. This kid is no joke and should not be over looked. He is fighting Wonderboy on Feb 14th who is an excellent striker. Rukus started his fighting career kick boxing but has evolved into a huge ground threat and has good wrestling and tdd. That and his speed and size will be the factor in this fight and I look forward to a potn win for Rukus.
    I think after that he will be on notice to be the next injury replacement and get a big big fight.
    2016 contender imo.

New match up with Henderson!
    All aboard! !

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

Wonderboy will finish him in the second. He hasn't fought a good offensive striker and better counter striker like Thompson, I also believe Wonderboy has the wrestling advantage. But wrestling probably wont be much in this fight, I just think Wonderboy has evolved quite a bit and Rukus has been injured, he beat Thiago and Edwards who aren't close to Wonderboy. He will get his first UFC loss.

3. Senbonzakura

Senbonzakura Sakuraba Bless

There are too many unknowns about Thatch, we don't know if he's bad at wrestling or if his striking is up to par with Wonderboy. From what I hear though Thatch is the real deal. I'm reserving judgement until the fight. I will say though if Thatch comes out and beats Thompson I won't be surprised. I hope the ufc pushes both guys they have very promising upside

4. beefcake180

beefcake180 Aces Wild

On the wagon

Bringdamuthafuckinrukus

5. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Leather Belt

Unkle Rukus (no relation) ftmfw :eek:

Honestly, he's going to have his shit pushed in, but it'll be fun to watch.

6. Steve08

Steve08 American Fedor Belt

Wouldn't be surprised if Thompson wins but I'd also like to see Thatch preserve his coveted 100% finish rate.

Sucks that Thatch has been out for so long, it feels like yesterday that he absolutely crushed Paulo Thiago with a knee to the liver that actually made him tap out in pain.

7. LikeItIs

LikeItIs Red Belt

Great fight, Thatch wins.

8. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah

Wonderboy is really good tho...

He also trains with a lot of good trainers and fighters.

Tristar, Serra-Longo, and Renzo

9. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

he crushed Thiago and Edwards, what else could he have done?? he can't control who he gets matched up with.
    What makes you think Wonderboy has the edge wrestling? I think the general consensus is that it's very close in the stand up and that Rukus dominates if it goes to the ground. Thatch is a bad ass mt fighter too, this fight has potn all over it.
    Size and speed go to thatch. Transition and ground game seem to be in thatches corner too. I see this as a TKO or sub round 2 for Rukus!!

10. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

That is true, but them two were never going to test him on the feet. Well Wonderboy has shown more of his wrestling and his takedown defense has improved a lot, well I am not sure Wonderboy trains a lot with Machado, but I guess it depends on who gets top position and if they look to pass guard. I would say speed goes to Thatch but Wonderboy is the much better counter striker and I think he will do it all day, Thatch just presses forward so Wonderboy will just slide away. Rukus is a great fighter, but I don't think he will pressure Wonderboy more than Brown did, and not a lot of people will beat Wonderboy striking. I think Thatch is very overrated right now.

11. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

I think Thompson is a little more over rated to be honest. Brown won that fight 30 -27 and dawn near finished it. He would have finished if there where 10 more seconds.
    maybe you should watch it.
    Thompson had some good strikes in round 2 though before getting mounted.

12. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

Well Wonderboy is more proven, but Brown was having none of the stand up, he did take Wonderboy down though and dominated him mostly, but it's unfair to say he hasn't improved a lot since then, Matt Brown was too much, too soon for him. I also think Brown would do the same to Thatch.

13. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

New match up against Bendo, All aboard!

14. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

Why is this thread in The wasteland mods wtf?
    NO WONDER Sherdog is turning to shit, you leave up a page of fucked up conor threads and move others that are legitimate ufc posts.
    Fuck off