Ruger SR9... there's no reason for anyone NOT to get this!

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Just bought this puppy for $430. Here is Nutnfancy's review of it and he got it spot on.

S&W bodyguard 380 looks like a great carry pistol.

S&W MP40 for full sized, 450 dollars. P226 is too expensive.

This is a nutnfancy review on: the glock 17
let's use as a frame of reference, the glock 17

I've watched all of his vids. Yes, even the "Xooter"

Last edited:
Not a Ruger fan at all (unless you want to talk about 10-22's) but the ergonomics of this gun's grip look spot on...

I'm sure the gun is fine but for around that price you can get a glock. The glocks reliability and durability is second to none.

They had a recall on the first ones that were sold. So make sure your is a post recall. I have seen and heard that are pretty good guns but I don't like the loaded indacater on top. It just a personal thing. I handle one of the SR9c and I like the feel of it.

I like rugers too, I have three but all revolvers.

I like rugers too, I have three but all revolvers.

yeah it is always pistols pistols in this forum.

now I am not a handgun owner(different laws over here ):

but I would sure as hell get a revolver if I could

aren't there ever any cool new revolvers being released?

I got the SR9c and the light strikes. it would be awesome. i like the thinness

Last edited:
I would take a glock over the ruger. I like Nutfancy. He seems to cover the Positives and negatives and highlight some features of the gun.

i fired a few mags through this a few days ago at the range and while i enjoyed the way it shot, i didn't care for the grip in the slightest

+1. Well, in 9mm anyway.

I prefer my G26. I'm willing to bet it's more durable.

And NutnFancy kinda sucks...

soooo cuet... *tickles*

I agree that nutnfancy is quite annoying. I don't understand these "buy this gun" threads in the slightest. Some guns fit the needs of others better than another gun, etc... No one gun is the universal "best" gun.

nutnfancy seems to cream over the Glock. For a first hand gun, target practice 9mm, Glock seems like a solid choice?

On topic... why would you suggest the Ruger SR9 over a Glock?

because you dont like glocks?

i dont really lock glocks at all. i understand their popularity, to a degree, but personally find them horrible to hold and shoot.

to be fair, the only time i shot one was the first pistol i fired, and immediately disliked it. shot an xd9 next and quite enjoyed it. i suppose i should give them a second chance but i find them quite plain and ugly. sure a life preserving weapon shouldnt have to look sexy, but come on

Anyone absolutely HATE the "Glock like" trigger safety thing?
It doesn't affect the gun, but it's so fucking ugly. I rather have a handgun with a real trigger and a real safety.

I don't even really notice it.

Well you dont look at your gun much. How can you not notice this?

glock18triggersafety.jpg

Well you dont look at your gun much. How can you not notice this?

He might mean that he's gotten so accustomed to shooting a "safe action" style trigger that it doesn't really bother him like it may bother others...but that's just speculation.

:redface:

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Back