Rubber Guard

DrStrong

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Im sorry, but what is that? I hear people referring to fighters having a "rubber guard", or a wish list of "rubber matches". I never understood the term.

Someone enlighten me with a possible gif or somethin?

Thanks

Im sorry, but what is that? I hear people referring to fighters having a "rubber guard", or a wish list of "rubber matches". I never understood the term.

Someone enlighten me with a possible gif or somethin?

Thanks

IIRC rubber guard was a term pretty much made up by Eddie Bravo or Joe Rogan or both.

Rubber match means a 3rd fight where both the fighters have had 1 win each respectively.

google rubber guard, it's a variation of guard

rubber match is to decide who the winner is like its even and a third match to settle it.

rubber gaurd is a type of jui jitsu guard, its a higher position gaurd and you have to be really flexible.

The original rubber guard was actually that bouncy-clown toy, where you punched it and it bounces back up.
Its a variation on that, essentially just a very quick counter-attack after being attacked.

For a good example of rubber guard check out Shinya Aoki, what BJ was trying to do to GSP, and George Sotiropolous

For a good example of rubber guard check out Shinya Aoki, what BJ was trying to do to GSP, and George Sotiropolous

lol I don't get why he didn't work on it more. it's pretty clear to me that it's not the guard he usually uses. More of a "nothing else is working" type of guard that I saw when he used it against frankie

Back