RTD's

sanyo89

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend the EAS or MM ready to drinks? I'm choosing these over regular powder for ease of use because I'm at college. I've tried the MM RTD's before and they were great but was wondering if there are any negative aspects of the MM RTD's compared to the regular MM power. Let me know what you think please.
Thanks

I know in Canada some RTD's are illegal due to processing laws and stuff, but id say if u can get access of them please go for it. imho.

Muscle Milk, but a large margin. I tried the EAS stuff a while ago and its just gross in comparison. Now I buy muscle milk RTDs at CostCo in packs of 18, it comes to about $25 a case. One time they were on sale for like $15 , though. Its def worth a membership if you have one nearby, I save more than the fees in just fish oil and muscle milk :D

Ah damn I have BJ's and have only seen EAS stuff. But target has like 6 packs for 7 bucks.. not a bad price.. Thanks for the responses.

I love Muscle Milk but absolutely hate their RTD's. In their RTD, a lot of the powder congeals into this jello like stuff on the bottom. You can't get that stuff out no matter how hard you try. That's a huge waste of protein and nutrients.

Aren't RTD's relatively expensive compared to just the powders?

yes, yes they are. They are just very convenient at night when I'm tired and don't feel like doing anything. Plus, they taste amazing. (haven't tried regular MM, IDK why)

I love Muscle Milk but absolutely hate their RTD's. In their RTD, a lot of the powder congeals into this jello like stuff on the bottom. You can't get that stuff out no matter how hard you try. That's a huge waste of protein and nutrients.

I haven't really had that problem. You just have to shake it real good, and not only just shake it, but sort of twist it side to side in your hand real fast.

Also, if you are having trouble, it helps to keep them on their side as much as possible. Usually I keep them sitting side-ways in the box, and put 2-3 in the fridge every time I get down to 1 left.

yes, yes they are. They are just very convenient at night when I'm tired and don't feel like doing anything. Plus, they taste amazing. (haven't tried regular MM, IDK why)

oh ya, cuz you're gonna get in shape with an attitude like that! christ, spend the 6 calories and shake the goddamn powder. lol:icon_chee

I figure I do enough of the shaking motion to make up for any supplement related shaking.. if you get my drift...

I prefer the taste of MM but EAS I believe has 10g more protein for the same 300 calories, so I tend to lean towards that when I have extra cash. It doesn't taste horrible either, imo

I prefer EAS products over just about everything, but if you are looking for a good RTD, Labrada's Lean Body shake is really hard to beat. It comes with 40 grams of protein 0 sugar and it taste awesome compared to everything i've tried. I have to hide them from my girlfriend because they taste so good she tries to drink them.

The only down side to them is that they are pretty low carb, only 9g of carbs. Heres a link with the rest of the nutritional info for the shake.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/rtd.html

Back