RR/Tate 3 is a farce and the harsh truth about Ronda

Dude, they're not gonna open up an entirely new division for one fight.

And Ronda starches cyborg nowadays anyways. 5 years ago would've been a different story but Ronda's had years with the best striking coaches, s&c coaches, training partners, and dieticians money can buy. Ronda has way more resources for winning now then ever. No way Cyborg wins now.

Harsh truth? I think there is nothing harsh there, she is the woMAN now so she can call the shots. Like Mayweather in boxing pretty much, but only that Ronda is fighting nowhere near the top talent that mma has the offer.
Which get us to the real unpleasant truth, that Ronda is still stuck with the competition that wont solidify her as the best ever. She has wrecked every one of the women she's fought, granted, but not because she's the best around. She is the best at WBW but thats it, i dont want to say the womens skill level is low in that division, but the skill level is really low in that division.

And please, if you cant make peace with this, then you hug too much Ronda tits. It doesnt take 50years of following the sport to see that the womens divisions are still in childs shoes compared to technique and athleticism in mens divisions (anyone of them in any top 5 mma org. there is.)

To be honest, I'd rather see Ronda vs Holm or Pena, even though the result would still be the same, at least it gives other contenders the opportunity to challenge for the belt.

Tate losing to Ronda thrice is just a waste of time.

I can understand that sentiment from dedicated MMA fan.

But consider this.

Rowdy was in 2 big box office movies that had already came out this year. One of which, she played herself.

Rowdy just won TWO ESPY awards. Just imagine how that put her on the radar of ALOT of athletes and sports fans that were not really big MMA fans.
Etc, Etc.

There is ALOT of cross over interest in Ronday Rousey.

There are alot of people that never seen or heard of the first fight that will tune into watch the Rowdy vs Cupcake III. Rowdy was already the UFC biggest transcendent star and she is breaking out even more NOW. Tate is the most marketable Contender on the roster.

I believe that if Tate puts in the work and is a trooper with media obligations and her fanbase grows, I feel the UFC will make a 125 division for her. I just have this feeling.

Remember, the UFC is a business, not some benevolent non-profit organization with the mission to advance the pure values of traditional Martial Arts.

Besides, I would love to see Rowdy KO Tate. Knock the frosting right off the Cupcake.

The reason women don't have a 125 weight class is so Ronda can keep fighting undersized opponents. People whined when Carano got this treatment. Hypocrites.
If Ronda is fighting undersized opponents at 135, what sized opponents has Cyborg been fighting at 145?

She has wrecked every one of the women she's fought, granted, but not because she's the best around.
Lol.

I don't know where it would leave Ronda, but I'd rather see a Tate vs Zingano rematch.
Agreed.

Dude, they're not gonna open up an entirely new division for one fight.

Another typical excuse from a Ronda fan. Who said anything about opening another division? IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE FOR A TITLE! This is about supremecy. Who is the best female fighter in the world. Only scared Ronda fams bring up weight classes and ONE PED bust. Marlos Coenen fought Cyborg TWICE and she's a natural 135er. Ronda talks about Cyborg a lot too but aint showing anyone anything. She's got more mouth than heart.

If Ronda is put on the Aldo/McGregor card it will be because she requested it and the UFC is willing to accommodate that request due to what she brings to the table for them. I'm going to guess she requested that because she gets PPV points and any reasonable person knows Conor + Ronda does more buys than Conor alone or Ronda alone.

Another typical excuse from a Ronda fan. Who said anything about opening another division? IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE FOR A TITLE! This is about supremecy. Who is the best female fighter in the world. Only scared Ronda fams bring up weight classes and ONE PED bust. Marlos Coenen fought Cyborg TWICE and she's a natural 135er. Ronda talks about Cyborg a lot too but aint showing anyone anything. She's got more mouth than heart.

If you were running the UFC, then yes, it WOULD have to be for a Title.

You're not going to put your money, promotion and marketing muscle behind a fighter for a one off fight unless they're bringing major juice to the table.

Cyborg has a whopping 78.5K followers on twitter. That's less than Miesha Tate (382K) and only marginally more than Paige VanZant (73.5K). Cyborg's has never drawn significant numbers on PPV, and has never had any real audience other than the Carano fight (Carano was the main draw).

In other words, Cyborg brings nothing to the table that the UFC couldn't achieve with a no name fighter.

For it to make sense for the UFC to promote a Cyborg-Rousey fight, they would need guarantees that Cyborg will remain with the UFC to defend a UFC title. Having Cyborg win a fight without winning a title to defend would be absolutely pointless as far as the UFC is concerned.

Whether Cyborg cares about the title is irrelevant. Even if Rousey wanted to fight catch weight and didn't care about the title, the UFC would have to be filled with morons to agree to put one of their champions on the line without a guarantee of multiple fights and title defenses if they lost.

The UFC won't even let their fighters compete in FAKE fights like WWE because they don't want to devalue the sport or the title. What makes you think they would put a defending champion on the line without assurances that the title would maintain its value?

Seriously, just grow up. Fight promotion is a BUSINESS, not a hobby.

If you were running the UFC, then yes, it WOULD have to be for a Title.

You're not going to put your money, promotion and marketing muscle behind a fighter for a one off fight unless they're bringing major juice to the table.

Cyborg has a whopping 78.5K followers on twitter. That's less than Miesha Tate (382K) and only marginally more than Paige VanZant (73.5K). Cyborg's has never drawn significant numbers on PPV, and has never had any real audience other than the Carano fight (Carano was the main draw).

In other words, Cyborg brings nothing to the table that the UFC couldn't achieve with a no name fighter.

For it to make sense for the UFC to promote a Cyborg-Rousey fight, they would need guarantees that Cyborg will remain with the UFC to defend a UFC title. Having Cyborg win a fight without winning a title to defend would be absolutely pointless as far as the UFC is concerned.

Whether Cyborg cares about the title is irrelevant. Even if Rousey wanted to fight catch weight and didn't care about the title, the UFC would have to be filled with morons to agree to put one of their champions on the line without a guarantee of multiple fights and title defenses if they lost.

The UFC won't even let their fighters compete in FAKE fights like WWE because they don't want to devalue the sport or the title. What makes you think they would put a defending champion on the line without assurances that the title would maintain its value?

Seriously, just grow up. Fight promotion is a BUSINESS, not a hobby.

Silva vs Griffin. The UFC didnt seem to mind if the MW title wouldve lost value then. Just face it, Ronda fans have a million +1 excuses. i stopped taking you seriously once you brought up twitter followers.

Silva vs Griffin. The UFC didnt seem to mind if the MW title wouldve lost value then. Just face it, Ronda fans have a million +1 excuses. i stopped taking you seriously once you brought up twitter followers.

Both of them were UFC signed contract fighters. Cyborg is NOT signed with the UFC, or fighting in an existing UFC weight class. When Cyborg is fighting in an actual UFC weight class under UFC contract, then the fight could happen.

And Silva-Griffin did NOT happen at catch weight, it happened at a higher weight. IE, it was NOT a one-off fight. Griffin was also a former champion at a higher weight class and immensely popular as a fighter so was bringing his own juice to the table.

Clearly you either haven't been watching the UFC long, your memory is as good as swiss cheese, or you refuse to see the difference between holding a fight between two fighters that you have under contract and someone walking in from an outside organization.

It's pretty silly to suggest that a fight between by far the most popular women's fighter in the world vs by far the second most popular women's fighter in the world wouldn't sell - especially since they've had one great fight (in Strikeforce) and one long fight (relative to Rousey's other fights) and Tate is one a 4 fight winning streak in which she's displayed some new tricks. It would sell huge.

As far putting the fight with Aldo/McGregor - I'll believe it when I see it. The business suits are probably already on the way to kick Dana's ass for suggesting putting Ronda and Conor McGregor on the same card.

I think its possible as like GSP and Brock being on the same card Rousey and Aldo/McGregor appeal to very different kinds of fans. Rousey/Brock draw in more of a mainstream crowd were as GSP/McGregor/Aldo draw in more of a traditional UFC crowd.

If the UFC is gonna put on RR/Tate again, sadly, there's nothing we can do. But the fact that they're thinking about letting this fight ride in on the coattails of Aldo/McGregor is a farce and a weasel move by Dana White and the UFC. I'm not saying that Rousey isnt a draw, she is, but that's because she's had different opponents her past 3-4 fights. But Dana and the brass know full well that a 3rd fight with Tate is laughable at this point. If this fight was worth anything, dont you think the UFC would've let it be the main event of its own card? Of course not because no one wants to see it. That's why the stuck it next to fight people actually wanna see. RR/Tate wouldnt bring in anymore PPV buys to the card if it had another co-main event. But Dana had to try to give Ronda a big payday for a fight that is basically a pointless filler fight.

Now, the real truth about Ronda is this: she wants no part of Cyborg. You can argue the weight thing, steriods bust, or "coming to the champ" till you're blue in the face but let's look at it realistically instead of a bunch of blind followers.

When Ronda was fighting @ 145, SHE called out Cyborg. So then, outta nowhere, she immediately announces after her fight with Julia Budd, that she's going down to fight Tate. This was 2 months before Cyborg was caught for PEDs. But yet this is the excuse she stills uses today. Cyborg has not tested positive for anything since so whats the issue now? Oh yeah, the weight and "coming to the champ" excuse. Why cant she fight her @ 145? ASilva fought a former champ 20 lbs above his weight class and that didnt stop him of the UFC from putting the fight on. Wasnt that fight supposed to be "punishment" for the Silva/Maia fiasco? Now back to Ronda. This fight shouldnt be about a title, it should be about who the best female fighter in the world is. She was willing to fight Carano, who herself has had trouble making 145, but not Cyborg. That sounds like ducking to me. Id she loses to to Cyborg at 145, she can always come back and dominate a weight class that's clearly 3 steps behind her all she wants. But lets not lie to ourselves, the UFC/Dana White and Ronda Rousey want no part of Cyborg.

Ronda wanted to hold two titles simultaneously, she made that known and everyone that was watching strikeforce already knew that. I think Ronda and the ufc want cyborg on their terms, just as cyborg wants the fight on her terms. The problem is zuffa and RR have all the leverage and cyborg seems to think RR will lose before she loses again, which is why she won't stop talking the fight being at 140 or 145.

Way to pick what you want out of it. Lol.
Why not? From the third sentence on, that line literally summarized your post.

Before that, you compared her to Mayweather in that she can call the shots, but "doesn't fight near the top talent that MMA has to offer".

I guess i can ask what shots? After already running through the undefeated and/or toughest opponents in her division, she asked to fight an undefeated Correia. It's not like she had a long list of higher ranked contenders to choose from-- who else should she have fought, that she didn't already obliterate?

As to the top talent MMA has to offer, even your post says it's a short list. Most any MMA publication will say she is at the top of any applicable women's list...meaning she'd only be fighting people ranked lower than her, to further establish an already cemented status.

Not much else to pick out of your post. If you don't mention Cyborg, I'll be shocked.:wink:

If the UFC is gonna put on RR/Tate again, sadly, there's nothing we can do. But the fact that they're thinking about letting this fight ride in on the coattails of Aldo/McGregor is a farce and a weasel move by Dana White and the UFC. I'm not saying that Rousey isnt a draw, she is, but that's because she's had different opponents her past 3-4 fights. But Dana and the brass know full well that a 3rd fight with Tate is laughable at this point. If this fight was worth anything, dont you think the UFC would've let it be the main event of its own card? Of course not because no one wants to see it. That's why the stuck it next to fight people actually wanna see. RR/Tate wouldnt bring in anymore PPV buys to the card if it had another co-main event. But Dana had to try to give Ronda a big payday for a fight that is basically a pointless filler fight.

Now, the real truth about Ronda is this: she wants no part of Cyborg. You can argue the weight thing, steriods bust, or "coming to the champ" till you're blue in the face but let's look at it realistically instead of a bunch of blind followers.

When Ronda was fighting @ 145, SHE called out Cyborg. So then, outta nowhere, she immediately announces after her fight with Julia Budd, that she's going down to fight Tate. This was 2 months before Cyborg was caught for PEDs. But yet this is the excuse she stills uses today. Cyborg has not tested positive for anything since so whats the issue now? Oh yeah, the weight and "coming to the champ" excuse. Why cant she fight her @ 145? ASilva fought a former champ 20 lbs above his weight class and that didnt stop him of the UFC from putting the fight on. Wasnt that fight supposed to be "punishment" for the Silva/Maia fiasco? Now back to Ronda. This fight shouldnt be about a title, it should be about who the best female fighter in the world is. She was willing to fight Carano, who herself has had trouble making 145, but not Cyborg. That sounds like ducking to me. Id she loses to to Cyborg at 145, she can always come back and dominate a weight class that's clearly 3 steps behind her all she wants. But lets not lie to ourselves, the UFC/Dana White and Ronda Rousey want no part of Cyborg.

The only harsh truth is that Tate is the second best women's fighter in the world and she represents Ronda's toughest fight out there, and that includes Cyroid.

Here's another harsh truth, popping for steroids is a stigma you carry for the rest of the time you dare put on gloves. It doesn't matter how great you are or how popular you become afterwards. Look at fighters like Vitor and Cerrone who are genuinely liked, and people still shit on them for pissing hot.

Both of them were UFC signed contract fighters. Cyborg is NOT signed with the UFC, or fighting in an existing UFC weight class. When Cyborg is fighting in an actual UFC weight class under UFC contract, then the fight could happen.

Cyborg has a Zuffa contract.

And Silva-Griffin did NOT happen at catch weight, it happened at a higher weight. IE, it was NOT a one-off fight. Griffin was also a former champion at a higher weight class and immensely popular as a fighter so was bringing his own juice to the table.

145 is a higher weight class. Who cares if it doesnt "exist" in the UFC? Oh thats right, only scared Ronda fans. She can take a break from, and always go back to, beating outmatched fighters after a fight with Cyborg.

145 is a higher weight class. Who cares if it doesnt "exist" in the UFC? Oh thats right, only scared Ronda fans. She can take a break from, and always go back to, beating outmatched fighters after a fight with Cyborg.

Zuffa is the parent company. That's like saying a Bellator contract is the same as having a Viacom contract. They're not the same, nor comparable.

The UFC isn't going to have Cyborg fighting in the UFC until she's fighting in an established weight division and is guaranteed to fight multiple fights. If the UFC doesn't make fighting in an established weight division a requirement, then how do you compel Cyborg to fight multiple fights? And to what purpose? A series of catch weight fights that has no impact on rankings or titles?

The UFC wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it if I were them either. And if you would do it if you were them then you have no business being in business.

The only way that the UFC would even remotely consider booking someone for a series of catch weight or one off fights is if that person was bringing a huge following with them. IE, they were Mayweather, Carano, Ali, etc.

Cyborg isn't even remotely a household name. She has no leverage or options here. She has no way to make it appealing to the UFC in any way.

Cyborg is on the bad end of a contract negotiation without leverage or influence. She wants to play in the UFC sand box, but the UFC holds all the cards.

She can either accept it and make weight, or stay on the park bench crying like a 5 year old about how unfairly she's being treated.

If Cyborg wants a shot at UFC and Rousey level money, then she needs to grow up and lose the weight.

By the way, the zuffa contract is contingent on her making 135.

I like watching Ronda and Cyborg fight, but you can say cyborg is fighting outsized and outmatched opponents even moreso than Ronda. The path to a title fight is tougher at 135 than at 145 (even Bethe's path was tougher than any of cyborg's invicta opponents).

Back